Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Customization Improvements Are Needed for Infinite

OP TheDarkKn1ght19

In my opinion, Halo 5's customization system is faulty at its core. There are very few customization options when compared to past games such as Halo: Reach. In Reach you could customize shoulders, knees, chest, tactical, armor effects, and more! In Halo 5 you have much fewer options (ie. base armor comprising many armor components, helmet, and visor). Worse more, much of the armor and customization options were repetitive and flat-out ugly! Who needs 60 visors or 5 of the same armor variants with different colors? In Reach, each piece of armor felt distinct and realistic. In Halo 5 the armors are almost all similar to each other in some way.

Earning armor in Reach was a pleasure and was awesome to show off. In Halo 5 customization is quite an afterthought. Especially since you can only see armor in the post-game (WHY NOT IN THE PRE-GAME LOBBY--WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?).

The armor and customization system needs to be revamped. There needs to be more differences between armors. Less armor would even be better if they were different from each other. If anything, having more armor that looks alike waters down the chance of actually getting something unique and cool. Additionally, earning armor through luck or chance is dumb. I want to earn armor through achievements, challenges, commendations (ie. things that actually are in my control).

Please adopt a customization system similar to Halo: Reach, and build off of it! It will be more rewarding for players and will keep us coming back! Give us high-quality armor and customization that is earned and not given randomly! Not all of the same stuff just to boost the REQ system!

: )
I also feel that there should be more armor customization in Infinite. Not only because I and many others like having the options to make ourselves look unique but also because I want Halo as a whole to succeed, on all levels. And I believe strongly with robust customization options will keep the new comers of Halo playing. I share the same goal that is to have Halo be the best game for the likes of all audiences both veteran and rookies.

I also have an idea as well. Getting new peices of armor feels rewarding when you level your character. And as I’ve stated before it keeps the players in gaged and gives us something to strive for when daily, weekly and monthly challenges are completed. I think for Halo: Infinite all armor should be unlockable through game play, whether it is as simple as leveling your Spartan in multi-player, completing chapters in campaign, finishing in game achievements or more challenging long term goals for hardcore players ways such as winning “x” amount games or, “x” amount kills. There’s hundreds of ways to make Halo feel rewarding and armor is just one thing. Personally I like having the options because I want my character to stand out and be different and I know amny others feel the same.
Yo Erk wrote:
I also feel that there should be more armor customization in Infinite. Not only because I and many others like having the options to make ourselves look unique but also because I want Halo as a whole to succeed, on all levels. And I believe strongly with robust customization options will keep the new comers of Halo playing. I share the same goal that is to have Halo be the best game for the likes of all audiences both veteran and rookies.

I also have an idea as well. Getting new peices of armor feels rewarding when you level your character. And as I’ve stated before it keeps the players in gaged and gives us something to strive for when daily, weekly and monthly challenges are completed. I think for Halo: Infinite all armor should be unlockable through game play, whether it is as simple as leveling your Spartan in multi-player, completing chapters in campaign, finishing in game achievements or more challenging long term goals for hardcore players ways such as winning “x” amount games or, “x” amount kills. There’s hundreds of ways to make Halo feel rewarding and armor is just one thing. Personally I like having the options because I want my character to stand out and be different and I know amny others feel the same.
I wholeheartedly agree! :)
I feel like Halo Infinite's should be more like Reach's, not too complexed nor too easy. To get new armors in Reach all you have to do is rank up and have enough credits to buy the specific armor piece you want
I hope Infinite's customization is at least on par with Reach's and I hope the armour style is more grounded like Reach's. As for unlocking I'd like a mixture of acquiring by level/rank/challenges, and buying them with currency, none of this random chance loot box business.
I feel like Reach’s customization and unlock system is what Halo Infinite should have. You could save up cR and unlock what you want.

I hate the randomness of Halo 5’s RecPacks. I want to know what I’m getting and work toward it. I remember saving up for the armor that I wanted in Reach.

I suppose, if they absolutely needed to keep Micro Transactions you could use real world money to by in-game cR. At least you’d know what your spending your money toward.
H5 customization is sparse and clearly built around microtransactions. Hopefully they learned for Infinite.
Considering 343 is going back to a more classic art style after doubling down on their own style in H5, I honestly refuse to believe any studio would be deaf enough to ignore community outcry when it comes to armor customization.

I predict we'll see something similar to Halo Reach/Halo 4 for Halo Infinite. But what I want is for customization options to be tied to the Commendations system. For example, to unlock a set of Scout armor you need to get 100 sniper kills, this way armor is tied to the already existing system so nothing new has to be built. Makes Commendations more valuable since the rewards are more tangible instead of XP boosts and REQ packs.

Maybe certain armor patterns or weapon skins that can be purchased in a cash shop similarly to Titanfall 2.