Well Reach had the best customization bar none... For Spartans
The Elites they got the short end of the straw when it comes to customization, only whole armor sets and color and that was it. For them Halo 3 had way more customization, and I sort of get why Reach didn't. The Covenant Elites were supposed to be more ordered and mixing & matching to make them asymmetrical did not fit their aesthetic. So here are some ideas on what should be customization not just for Spartans and Elites, but for all of the
character types I think are playable
in Halo infinite in some capacity.
Remember in addition to Primary Armor color, Secondary Armor color Emblem Primary color, and Emblem Secondary ColorSpartan
The Halo Reach Customization of course.
- Left Shoulder
- Right Shoulder
- Visor Color
- Firefight Voice
- Armor Effect
- Preferred Weapon (not like H4 loadouts, but just something for your spartan to hold in the stat page, this idea came up on a review of the Halo Reach beta where elites had the plasma repeater in the beta but that got changed to the needle rifle in the final product)
So similar to reach but adding some customization effects to the list.
- Armor Set (without Helmet)
- Translator (off, alien, translated, IWHBYD)
- Wrist blade (for assassinations)
- Preferred Weapon (a selection of covenant non-brute weapons because no warrior is complete without a weapon)
They have already been playable, so bring them back. Also remember those Charon Private Security Forces from Red vs Blue Project Freelancer. I want to make that. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/deadliestfiction/images/a/a6/Insurrectionsts.png/revision/latest?cb=20120807133403
- Field Kit
- Preferred Weapon (any UNSC weapon)
Again these are the characters that I think make suitable player avatars. The thing is Brutes have 2 states, one Armored and one unarmored (after the armor break). So for the unarmored there is going to be pretty much like Elites in Reach, you just pick character and stick with that. It is the armor that goes over the the unarmored avatar that you get some more customization on it. So first the unarmored types
- Warrior (wears an armband that has player emblem on it)
- Captain (Carries the flags on their back like the brute captains you saw on H2. The Flag has player's emblem on it).
- Chieftain (Scared Face with cybernetic eye also wears some cloth like a tattered flag being used as a robe which has the player emblem on it.
and for armor customization
Flood Combat Forms
- right sholder
- left sholder
- charm (something for luck or fortune, such as the skulls of your slain enemies that brings you luck)
- Preferred weapon (Any brute weapon)
Considering this is mostly for infection mode, forge avatar, or whatever special campaign that might come up not too much customization is needed. So whole sets instead of mixing and matching.
- Infected Human
- Infected Brute
- Infected Elite
- Infected Spartan
- ????????? lets keep a few surprises in here, anyone want to take a guess?
A little difficult to think of customization because they were all completely the same. They did change their lighting color, so light color and weapon to pose with I guess.
- Preferred weapon (sentinel beam or any Promethean weapon)
For forge mode, pick any type of floaty forerunner avatar for your choosing. You could also customize the lighting color just like the Promethean Knight
Well that is all the player controlled characters I can think of for Halo Infinite. Now if you excuse me, I am going to frustrate some lorewhores with more concepts and discussion of Flood Weapons and Grenades.