customization

OP that 1 otaku

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
i know im really excited about the customization we are getting in halo infinite but i want to hear from yall other sparts what do u want to see come to the game. personally i want the classic helmets in halo 5 to come to the game and i want more reach styled armors with a lot more add ons
I think the perfect armory would be to have Reach’s options with the art style 343i has been using since Halo Wars 2.
tuhin94 wrote:
I think the perfect armory would be to have Reach’s options with the art style 343i has been using since Halo Wars 2.
Kool idea
Along with Hali Reach’s systems I think it would be cool to cosmetically customize your loadout weapons. Nothing crazy like Call of Duty but add simple attachments or weapon skins like in Halo 5
Just do what DOOM 2016 did, copy it's system entirely if you had to.

Helmet, both arms individually, chest, legs, the bodysuit underneath, being able to choose how clean or dirty, and how scratched or smooth it all is, the choice of matte, gloss or metallic paint jobs, choosing what skin you wanted in certain parts of the armor, the color of it's lights....

And then just use that system for how you'd like to paint your guns, and the detail on them, just like the armor is!

What more could you ask for? And it was already all done before, in DOOM.
i want to see loads of colors to pick from. And I want the armor to look like reach style but with better graphics.

I also would like a reach style unlock system where you earn credits to save up for a armor you want to unlock. Also unlock items by ranking up.

I’ve always wanted exclusive armor for skill ranks like bronze,silver,gold,platinum,onyx and champion would all have their own exclusive helmet or attachment.

Also achivement based unlocks made halo 3 honestly so addictive and fun. (NO MICRO TRANSACTION)

extremely rare helmets like (halo 3 recon and olive) but have Infinite have it’s own unique rare armor. And have it unlocked by.
-beating 343
-getting a map in matchmaking
-getting on the home page
-doing something awesome for the community
A HUGE problems with halo 4 and 5 is that they took a ginormous step back on customization options. Which brings me to armor affects. I understand they make the game look a bit corny but come on!! They are awesome I just want them hard to unlock because I don’t want everyone running around with flames on their head.

emblems on the body and placement of emblems anywhere on armor. And armor color for trim, body and attachments.

making your spartan armor look brand new, shot up, dirty, human blood, elite blood, rusty and missing limbs arms and maybe even a leg.
i want to see loads of colors to pick from. And I want the armor to look like reach style but with better graphics.

I also would like a reach style unlock system where you earn credits to save up for a armor you want to unlock. Also unlock items by ranking up.

I’ve always wanted exclusive armor for skill ranks like bronze,silver,gold,platinum,onyx and champion would all have their own exclusive helmet or attachment.

Also achivement based unlocks made halo 3 honestly so addictive and fun. (NO MICRO TRANSACTION)

extremely rare helmets like (halo 3 recon and olive) but have Infinite have it’s own unique rare armor. And have it unlocked by.
-beating 343
-getting a map in matchmaking
-getting on the home page
-doing something awesome for the community
A HUGE problems with halo 4 and 5 is that they took a ginormous step back on customization options. Which brings me to armor affects. I understand they make the game look a bit corny but come on!! They are awesome I just want them hard to unlock because I don’t want everyone running around with flames on their head.

emblems on the body and placement of emblems anywhere on armor. And armor color for trim, body and attachments.

making your spartan armor look brand new, shot up, dirty, human blood, elite blood, rusty and missing limbs arms and maybe even a leg.
I like how u think
For the base armor I want something classic but some mix of the new with lots of areas of customization - chest/body, shoulders, arms, legs, helmet. However, like reach I want the helmet attachments but for all the other armor areas. Ammo pouches, bandoleers, data pad/screens - wrists from reach, elite skulls (shoulder attachment)/teeth (necklace).

Plus I want custom emblems back that actually show up on the armor.

Also, have some sort of body cover customisation - cloak - Halo 5 teaser, ghillie suit, etc.

Helmet, both arms individually, chest, legs, the bodysuit underneath, being able to choose how clean or dirty, and how scratched or smooth it all is, the choice of matte, gloss or metallic paint jobs, choosing what skin you wanted in certain parts of the armor, the color of it's lights....

And then just use that system for how you'd like to paint your guns, and the detail on them, just like the armor is!

Use the the same movement mechanics? Name it doom Infinite
Hold my beer we are onto to something.
Reach style customization, armor effects, and rank based unlocks,
it would be cool to be able to mix a halo 3 style helmet with a 4 style armor. I really want to see all the classic armors return as they were in halo 3 (especially security, I absolutely hate the reach version as it looks more like EVA) while still being able to use the armors that first appeared in 4.
I feel that the perfect customization would be as in depth as Reach’s, but have a multitude of ways to earn the armors. Take reference from every game before it. Halo 3: earned through skill. Halo 4: Earned through level, and Halo Reach: Earned through in game currency. I just don’t want to see any micros transactions.
For the base armor I want something classic but some mix of the new with lots of areas of customization - chest/body, shoulders, arms, legs, helmet. However, like reach I want the helmet attachments but for all the other armor areas. Ammo pouches, bandoleers, data pad/screens - wrists from reach, elite skulls (shoulder attachment)/teeth (necklace).

Plus I want custom emblems back that actually show up on the armor.

Also, have some sort of body cover customisation - cloak - Halo 5 teaser, ghillie suit, etc.
i love the your ideas they sound really cool and a cloak or something would be awesome
ODST armor with backpack don't make it a DLC.
it would be cool to be able to mix a halo 3 style helmet with a 4 style armor. I really want to see all the classic armors return as they were in halo 3 (especially security, I absolutely hate the reach version as it looks more like EVA) while still being able to use the armors that first appeared in 4.
I don’t know I’ve always like the same style of the back of the armor. I didn’t like how the old sets had the vents on the top and bottom of those struts on the back or whatever, and then in Halo 4 and 5 they were just like, “nope, no ventilation.” It just makes it weird. Maybe keep the placement of the vents the same like on mark 6, but make the back look different?
Well Reach had the best customization bar none... For Spartans.
The Elites they got the short end of the straw when it comes to customization, only whole armor sets and color and that was it. For them Halo 3 had way more customization, and I sort of get why Reach didn't. The Covenant Elites were supposed to be more ordered and mixing & matching to make them asymmetrical did not fit their aesthetic. So here are some ideas on what should be customization not just for Spartans and Elites, but for all of the character types I think are playable in Halo infinite in some capacity.
Remember in addition to Primary Armor color, Secondary Armor color Emblem Primary color, and Emblem Secondary Color
Spartan The Halo Reach Customization of course.
  • Helmet
  • Torso
  • Left Shoulder
  • Right Shoulder
  • Visor Color
  • Wrist
  • Accessory
  • Firefight Voice
  • Armor Effect
  • Preferred Weapon (not like H4 loadouts, but just something for your spartan to hold in the stat page, this idea came up on a review of the Halo Reach beta where elites had the plasma repeater in the beta but that got changed to the needle rifle in the final product)
Elite So similar to reach but adding some customization effects to the list.
  • Helmet
  • Armor Set (without Helmet)
  • Translator (off, alien, translated, IWHBYD)
  • Wrist blade (for assassinations)
  • Preferred Weapon (a selection of covenant non-brute weapons because no warrior is complete without a weapon)
ODST They have already been playable, so bring them back. Also remember those Charon Private Security Forces from Red vs Blue Project Freelancer. I want to make that. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/deadliestfiction/images/a/a6/Insurrectionsts.png/revision/latest?cb=20120807133403
  • Helmet
  • Torso
  • Arms
  • Field Kit
  • Legs
  • Preferred Weapon (any UNSC weapon)
Brutes Again these are the characters that I think make suitable player avatars. The thing is Brutes have 2 states, one Armored and one unarmored (after the armor break). So for the unarmored there is going to be pretty much like Elites in Reach, you just pick character and stick with that. It is the armor that goes over the the unarmored avatar that you get some more customization on it. So first the unarmored types
  1. Warrior (wears an armband that has player emblem on it)
  2. Captain (Carries the flags on their back like the brute captains you saw on H2. The Flag has player's emblem on it).
  3. Chieftain (Scared Face with cybernetic eye also wears some cloth like a tattered flag being used as a robe which has the player emblem on it.
and for armor customization
  • helmet
  • torso
  • right sholder
  • left sholder
  • belt
  • charm (something for luck or fortune, such as the skulls of your slain enemies that brings you luck)
  • Preferred weapon (Any brute weapon)
Flood Combat Forms Considering this is mostly for infection mode, forge avatar, or whatever special campaign that might come up not too much customization is needed. So whole sets instead of mixing and matching.
  1. Infected Human
  2. Infected Brute
  3. Infected Elite
  4. Infected Spartan
  5. ????????? lets keep a few surprises in here, anyone want to take a guess?
Promethean Knight A little difficult to think of customization because they were all completely the same. They did change their lighting color, so light color and weapon to pose with I guess.
  • Color
  • Preferred weapon (sentinel beam or any Promethean weapon)
Forgerunner Editor For forge mode, pick any type of floaty forerunner avatar for your choosing. You could also customize the lighting color just like the Promethean Knight
  1. Sentinel
  2. Watcher
  3. Monitor
Well that is all the player controlled characters I can think of for Halo Infinite. Now if you excuse me, I am going to frustrate some lorewhores with more concepts and discussion of Flood Weapons and Grenades.

I agree, I've suggested that system many times. The customisation in DOOM 2016 was perfect imo. It was limitless too because you could easily create unique looks by changing base armour, it's the best I've seen in many years. Bring it to Halo imo.
Halo 4s customization was pretty cool. Hopefully we get a hybrid of Halo Reach and Halo 4 in terms of armor variation with the art style of Halo Wars 2.
I think 343 should take the armour from all previous games and make it available. Not a fan of the halo 4 and 5 armour, but there are people out there who do like it, and that's fair. Give everyone what they want. I also think they should bring back the shoulder, knee pads, accessories customisation. And hopefully customisable elites.
Well Reach had the best customization bar none... For Spartans.
The Elites they got the short end of the straw when it comes to customization, only whole armor sets and color and that was it. For them Halo 3 was the best customization, and I sort of get it. They were more ordered and mixing and matching to make them asymmetrical did not fit the aesthetic. So here are some ideas on what should be customization not just for Spartans and Elites, but for all of the character types I think are playable in Halo infinite in some capacity.
Remember in addition to Primary Armor color, Secondary Armor color Emblem Primary color, and Emblem Secondary Color
Spartan The Halo Reach Customization of course.
  • Helmet
  • Torso
  • Left Shoulder
  • Right Shoulder
  • Visor Color
  • Wrist
  • Accessory
  • Firefight Voice
  • Armor Effect
  • Preferred Weapon (not like H4 loadouts, but just something for your spartan to hold in the stat page, this idea came up on a review of the Halo Reach beta where elites had the plasma repeater in the beta but that got changed to the needle rifle in the final product)
Elite So similar to reach but adding some customization effects to the list.
  • Helmet
  • Armor Set (without Helmet)
  • Translator (off, alien, translated, IWHBYD)
  • Wrist blade (for assassinations)
  • Preferred Weapon (a selection of covenant non-brute weapons because no warrior is complete without a weapon)
ODST They have already been playable, so bring them back. Also remember those Charon Private Security Forces from Red vs Blue Project Freelancer. I want to make that. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/deadliestfiction/images/a/a6/Insurrectionsts.png/revision/latest?cb=20120807133403
  • Helmet
  • Torso
  • Arms
  • Field Kit
  • Legs
  • Preferred Weapon (any UNSC weapon)
Brutes Again these are the characters that I think make suitable player avatars. The thing is Brutes have 2 states, one Armored and one unarmored (after the armor break). So for the unarmored there is going to be pretty much like Elites in Reach, you just pick character and stick with that. It is the armor that goes over the the unarmored avatar that you get some more customization on it. So first the unarmored types
  1. Warrior (wears an armband that has player emblem on it)
  2. Captain (Carries the flags on their back like the brute captains you saw on H2. The Flag has player's emblem on it).
  3. Chieftain (Scared Face with cybernetic eye also wears some cloth like a tattered flag being used as a robe which has the player emblem on it.
and for armor customization
  • helmet
  • torso
  • right sholder
  • left sholder
  • belt
  • charm (something for luck or fortune, such as the skulls of your slain enemies that brings you luck)
  • Preferred weapon (Any brute weapon)
Flood Combat Forms Considering this is mostly for infection mode, forge avatar, or whatever special campaign that might come up not too much customization is needed. So whole sets instead of mixing and matching.
  1. Infected Human
  2. Infected Brute
  3. Infected Elite
  4. Infected Spartan
  5. ????????? lets keep a few surprises in here, anyone want to take a guess?
Promethean Knight A little difficult to think of customization because they were all completely the same. They did change their lighting color, so light color and weapon to pose with I guess.
  • Color
  • Preferred weapon (sentinel beam or any Promethean weapon)
Forgerunner Editor For forge mode, pick any type of floaty forerunner avatar for your choosing. You could also customize the lighting color just like the Promethean Knight
  1. Sentinel
  2. Watcher
  3. Monitor
Well that is all the player controlled characters I can think of for Halo Infinite. Now if you excuse me, I am going to frustrate some lorewhores with more concepts and discussion of Flood Weapons and Grenades.
I agree with this guy as I want to be able to have the kind of armor combinations of Halo 3 as well as 4 (and to be able make the Meta, Rogue helmet Carolina or accurate Tex with the right black for the armor from RvB). I also think that taking some observations from Red vs. Blue when it was going over Project Freelancer with their own animations for the way that the female Spartan looks since it seems that we’re going back to the better looking all black jumpsuit like on H2A and RvB did a pretty good job of making what the female would look like with their animations for Tex, Carolina and etc.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4