customization

OP that 1 otaku

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I would like that each armor has a special ability and I do not mean the abilities of halo reach, as for example, that some armor has more precision with the sniper, maybe it is silent when walking or running. etc.
Rhym wrote:
I would like that each armor has a special ability and I do not mean the abilities of halo reach, as for example, that some armor has more precision with the sniper, maybe it is silent when walking or running. etc.
I see so your saying you want the descriptions of the armors in halo 5 to be true and usable
Well Reach had the best customization bar none... For Spartans.
The Elites they got the short end of the straw when it comes to customization, only whole armor sets and color and that was it. For them Halo 3 had way more customization, and I sort of get why Reach didn't. The Covenant Elites were supposed to be more ordered and mixing & matching to make them asymmetrical did not fit their aesthetic. So here are some ideas on what should be customization not just for Spartans and Elites, but for all of the character types I think are playable in Halo infinite in some capacity.
Remember in addition to Primary Armor color, Secondary Armor color Emblem Primary color, and Emblem Secondary Color
Spartan The Halo Reach Customization of course.
  • Helmet
  • Torso
  • Left Shoulder
  • Right Shoulder
  • Visor Color
  • Wrist
  • Accessory
  • Firefight Voice
  • Armor Effect
  • Preferred Weapon (not like H4 loadouts, but just something for your spartan to hold in the stat page, this idea came up on a review of the Halo Reach beta where elites had the plasma repeater in the beta but that got changed to the needle rifle in the final product)
Elite So similar to reach but adding some customization effects to the list.
  • Helmet
  • Armor Set (without Helmet)
  • Translator (off, alien, translated, IWHBYD)
  • Wrist blade (for assassinations)
  • Preferred Weapon (a selection of covenant non-brute weapons because no warrior is complete without a weapon)
ODST They have already been playable, so bring them back. Also remember those Charon Private Security Forces from Red vs Blue Project Freelancer. I want to make that. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/deadliestfiction/images/a/a6/Insurrectionsts.png/revision/latest?cb=20120807133403
  • Helmet
  • Torso
  • Arms
  • Field Kit
  • Legs
  • Preferred Weapon (any UNSC weapon)
Brutes Again these are the characters that I think make suitable player avatars. The thing is Brutes have 2 states, one Armored and one unarmored (after the armor break). So for the unarmored there is going to be pretty much like Elites in Reach, you just pick character and stick with that. It is the armor that goes over the the unarmored avatar that you get some more customization on it. So first the unarmored types
  1. Warrior (wears an armband that has player emblem on it)
  2. Captain (Carries the flags on their back like the brute captains you saw on H2. The Flag has player's emblem on it).
  3. Chieftain (Scared Face with cybernetic eye also wears some cloth like a tattered flag being used as a robe which has the player emblem on it.
and for armor customization
  • helmet
  • torso
  • right sholder
  • left sholder
  • belt
  • charm (something for luck or fortune, such as the skulls of your slain enemies that brings you luck)
  • Preferred weapon (Any brute weapon)
Flood Combat Forms Considering this is mostly for infection mode, forge avatar, or whatever special campaign that might come up not too much customization is needed. So whole sets instead of mixing and matching.
  1. Infected Human
  2. Infected Brute
  3. Infected Elite
  4. Infected Spartan
  5. ????????? lets keep a few surprises in here, anyone want to take a guess?
Promethean Knight A little difficult to think of customization because they were all completely the same. They did change their lighting color, so light color and weapon to pose with I guess.
  • Color
  • Preferred weapon (sentinel beam or any Promethean weapon)
Forgerunner Editor For forge mode, pick any type of floaty forerunner avatar for your choosing. You could also customize the lighting color just like the Promethean Knight
  1. Sentinel
  2. Watcher
  3. Monitor
Well that is all the player controlled characters I can think of for Halo Infinite. Now if you excuse me, I am going to frustrate some lorewhores with more concepts and discussion of Flood Weapons and Grenades.
All of this! This is everything I wanted and things I didn't know I wanted in the first place, you, my fine Spartan, kudos, kudos to you!
Well Reach had the best customization bar none... For Spartans.
The Elites they got the short end of the straw when it comes to customization, only whole armor sets and color and that was it. For them Halo 3 had way more customization, and I sort of get why Reach didn't. The Covenant Elites were supposed to be more ordered and mixing & matching to make them asymmetrical did not fit their aesthetic. So here are some ideas on what should be customization not just for Spartans and Elites, but for all of the character types I think are playable in Halo infinite in some capacity.
Remember in addition to Primary Armor color, Secondary Armor color Emblem Primary color, and Emblem Secondary Color
Spartan The Halo Reach Customization of course.
  • Helmet
  • Torso
  • Left Shoulder
  • Right Shoulder
  • Visor Color
  • Wrist
  • Accessory
  • Firefight Voice
  • Armor Effect
  • Preferred Weapon (not like H4 loadouts, but just something for your spartan to hold in the stat page, this idea came up on a review of the Halo Reach beta where elites had the plasma repeater in the beta but that got changed to the needle rifle in the final product)
Elite So similar to reach but adding some customization effects to the list.
  • Helmet
  • Armor Set (without Helmet)
  • Translator (off, alien, translated, IWHBYD)
  • Wrist blade (for assassinations)
  • Preferred Weapon (a selection of covenant non-brute weapons because no warrior is complete without a weapon)
ODST They have already been playable, so bring them back. Also remember those Charon Private Security Forces from Red vs Blue Project Freelancer. I want to make that. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/deadliestfiction/images/a/a6/Insurrectionsts.png/revision/latest?cb=20120807133403
  • Helmet
  • Torso
  • Arms
  • Field Kit
  • Legs
  • Preferred Weapon (any UNSC weapon)
Brutes Again these are the characters that I think make suitable player avatars. The thing is Brutes have 2 states, one Armored and one unarmored (after the armor break). So for the unarmored there is going to be pretty much like Elites in Reach, you just pick character and stick with that. It is the armor that goes over the the unarmored avatar that you get some more customization on it. So first the unarmored types
  1. Warrior (wears an armband that has player emblem on it)
  2. Captain (Carries the flags on their back like the brute captains you saw on H2. The Flag has player's emblem on it).
  3. Chieftain (Scared Face with cybernetic eye also wears some cloth like a tattered flag being used as a robe which has the player emblem on it.
and for armor customization
  • helmet
  • torso
  • right sholder
  • left sholder
  • belt
  • charm (something for luck or fortune, such as the skulls of your slain enemies that brings you luck)
  • Preferred weapon (Any brute weapon)
Flood Combat Forms Considering this is mostly for infection mode, forge avatar, or whatever special campaign that might come up not too much customization is needed. So whole sets instead of mixing and matching.
  1. Infected Human
  2. Infected Brute
  3. Infected Elite
  4. Infected Spartan
  5. ????????? lets keep a few surprises in here, anyone want to take a guess?
Promethean Knight A little difficult to think of customization because they were all completely the same. They did change their lighting color, so light color and weapon to pose with I guess.
  • Color
Forgerunner Editor For forge mode, pick any type of floaty forerunner avatar for your choosing. You could also customize the lighting color just like the Promethean Knight
  1. Sentinel
  2. Watcher
  3. Monitor
Well that is all the player controlled characters I can think of for Halo Infinite. Now if you excuse me, I am going to frustrate some lorewhores with more concepts and discussion of Flood Weapons and Grenades.
All of this! This is everything I wanted and things I didn't know I wanted in the first place, you, my fine Spartan, kudos, kudos to you!
I prefer just customization options like reach had
I want a couple newer options as well as the Reach ones, for example, I would like the option to be able to select a camouflage pattern for your spartan’s armor, and also to be able to have pieces of cloth, like a poncho, a hood, or just a piece of cloth over the shoulder, small things that would be nice to have. It would also be cool to be able to change the texture of the armor, it could go from factory new to battle hardened and filthy.

For Elites, I have a list of options that I think would be nice:
•Helmet
•Shoulders
•Legs
•Wrist Armor
•Foot Armor
•Undersuit Arms (On/Off)
•Phenotype (Classic, Reach, 4/5)
•Fleetmaster cape with players emblem on it.
•different skin tone options based on phenotype, for example: 4/5 phenotype gets the light color from 4, or the mottled brown color from 5. Classic phenotype gets a black skin tone, a lighter brown one, and a light grey one. The Reach phenotype gets the Deep black one from Reach, and the Whitish Grey one from CEA.
•Undersuit color.
•Also, clanging the display weapon that both your Elite and your Spartan hold in the lobby screen.

And that concludes my wishful thinking. Thank you for reading, and feel free to give me any feedback.
I want a couple newer options as well as the Reach ones, for example, I would like the option to be able to select a camouflage pattern for your spartan’s armor, and also to be able to have pieces of cloth, like a poncho, a hood, or just a piece of cloth over the shoulder, small things that would be nice to have. It would also be cool to be able to change the texture of the armor, it could go from factory new to battle hardened and filthy.

For Elites, I have a list of options that I think would be nice:
•Helmet
•Shoulders
•Legs
•Wrist Armor
•Foot Armor
•Undersuit Arms (On/Off)
•Phenotype (Classic, Reach, 4/5)
•Fleetmaster cape with players emblem on it.
•different skin tone options based on phenotype, for example: 4/5 phenotype gets the light color from 4, or the mottled brown color from 5. Classic phenotype gets a black skin tone, a lighter brown one, and a light grey one. The Reach phenotype gets the Deep black one from Reach, and the Whitish Grey one from CEA.
•Undersuit color.
•Also, clanging the display weapon that both your Elite and your Spartan hold in the lobby screen.

And that concludes my wishful thinking. Thank you for reading, and feel free to give me any feedback.
These are all pretty good ideas, but the poncho wouldn’t really fit Spartans and would also hinder them if you think about it. The camouflage on your armor is a good idea as well but having to model that for all of the armor pieces seems a little much for the devs. The Sangheili are a bit of a problem for what you’ve proposed as that would require a lot of work to get all of those models into the game plus the armor for all of them, and the model used will likey used is the Halo Wars 2 model for the Sangheili as it is a very classic design like what many want and yet modernized with the latest in graphics quality and textures, and since the vast majority of players prefer that style it is likely to be chosen or a new model reminiscent of the Halo Wars 2 Sangheili model. If playable Sangheili becomes a thing in Halo Infinite (here’s to hoping) than better customization than the Halo Reach Elite system will definitely happen, and at the most be to the extent of the Reach Spartan customization. Other than what I mentioned, this post sums up what I am hoping for in Halo Infinite as well.
I want custom armor skins that we can create and apply over our selected armor permutation. That's really the only way to go forward with something new we've never had in Halo before. Custom weapon skins on top of that using the same system just to complete the cycle.
Rhym wrote:
I see so your saying you want the descriptions of the armors in halo 5 to be true and usable
exactly...
Reach's armour customisation options (helmet, torso, left and right shoulders, etc) but with old and new armours. We don't need every single one from Halo 5 though...A lot don't look great, and there is a thing as too much choice. Less, great looking armours > more, poor looking armours.

Perhaps you could choose the colour of each part of the armour too? It'd allow for more unique options.

Emblems are emblems, but the number of them could also be toned down. Again, you can have too much choice.

Assassination animations were good in Halo 5, so can be the same in Halo [6]: Infinite. Just swap some out for new ones.
As long as I find some armor that speaks to me, and the armor overall doesn't look too goofy or cartoony

Then I will be happy
Rhym wrote:
Rhym wrote:
exactly...
That’s an interesting concept which would make armor like the Argus (Linda's helmet) or the Vigilant (Jun's helmet) much more useful than for being the best looking person on the battlefield. I wouldn’t be surprised if that had been attempted previously as that is a very good concept, but for balancing purposes and engine limitations that concept was likely trashed (the slipspace engine could definitely handle something like that though, but still balancing reasons prevent this from being a good option). Very interesting idea though.
Reach's armour customisation options (helmet, torso, left and right shoulders, etc) but with old and new armours. We don't need every single one from Halo 5 though...A lot don't look great, and there is a thing as too much choice. Less, great looking armours > more, poor looking armours.

Perhaps you could choose the colour of each part of the armour too? It'd allow for more unique options.

Emblems are emblems, but the number of them could also be toned down. Again, you can have too much choice.

Assassination animations were good in Halo 5, so can be the same in Halo [6]: Infinite. Just swap some out for new ones.
Helljumper and Argus are good armor to bring to Infinite. Also being able to choose the color of each armor piece would enable you to look more like Emile or Jorge which really couldn’t happen even with the way they handled it in Halo 5.
I say a mix of reach and 4 customizations for spartans and elites (helm, shoulders, wrist, legs, etc.,) elites (male and female,) better story, remove spartan charge, remove ground pound (its really dumb lol,) nerf dmr (a LOT,) custom weapon skins and animated, and disable sword/grav hammer zoom (aiming extends reach.) and thats about it!
I say a mix of reach and 4 customizations for spartans and elites (helm, shoulders, wrist, legs, etc.,) elites (male and female,) better story, remove spartan charge, remove ground pound (its really dumb lol,) nerf dmr (a LOT,) custom weapon skins and animated, and disable sword/grav hammer zoom (aiming extends reach.) and thats about it!
The skins should fit Halo and not just be there.
...customization because they were all completely the same. They did change their lighting color, so light color and weapon to pose with I guess.
  • Color
  1. Sentinel
  2. Watcher
  3. Monitor
Actually you could do quite a few different things in terms of customizing the Knight and Monitor. I've drawn the knight in a old Halo art style, sorta like the sentinel. And lemme tell yah, it's actually sorta easy to come up with designs if you're used to it. I plan on building it in Forge sometime soon.

There's also a new UNSC drone called the Bumblebee coming in Halo Outpost Discovery and probably Infinite, look it up. I'd imagine it's backpack sized and works like Ghost Recon Wildlands' drone.
Nerf DMR (a LOT)
Uh, sir. You do realize the magnum is a pocket DMR and serves no purpose as a firearm at the moment in the weapon sandbox.
The DMR is fine. The magnum needs the nerf.
Ciao, su Halo Reach abbiamo avuto la migliore personalizzazione in tutta la saga di Halo, quindi spero che su Halo Infinite avremo una personalizzazione ancora migliore di quella di Reach. Spero anche nella possibilità di scegliere se essere uno spartano o un'élite o forse un precursore xD
Per Halo Infinite stiamo aspettando così tanti anni, quindi mi aspetto il massimo =)
Spencer410 wrote:
Along with Hali Reach’s systems I think it would be cool to cosmetically customize your loadout weapons. Nothing crazy like Call of Duty but add simple attachments or weapon skins like in Halo 5
I did not like that at all, I felt weapon attachments normalized too much the sanbox. Prior to Halo 5 it was a very diverse sandbox, and even more so before Halo 4!

That said I love the idea of Reach level customization for armors, the new artstyle is PERFECT.
Spencer410 wrote:
Along with Hali Reach’s systems I think it would be cool to cosmetically customize your loadout weapons. Nothing crazy like Call of Duty but add simple attachments or weapon skins like in Halo 5
I did not like that at all, I felt weapon attachments normalized too much the sanbox. Prior to Halo 5 it was a very diverse sandbox, and even more so before Halo 4!

That said I love the idea of Reach level customization for armors, the new artstyle is PERFECT.
I agree with you here as the attachments didn’t really feel like they belonged in Halo (at least most of them like the morphs and hybrids), the new art style is great and I cannot wait to see what armor we will be seeing in the future (like maybe a new look for Blue team’s armor that is in the customization as well as maybe a proper looking Mk. V Alpha and not the abomination in Halo 5), and might I add that a lot of the weapon skins in Halo 5 didn’t look at all like they belonged there like the BoomCo. skins are obvious ones. The skins if there are any in the future of Halo for weapons should look more like they belong in Halo and be more military like and less plastic toy gun or popping out which is VERY impractical as you are sitting there in a dark corner trying to sneak up on someone or something and then they spot your gun and it’s all over.
343 PLEASE do add ons to armors like halo reach. WE don’t need three or four different design patterns for the same piece of armor
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4