Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Delay the Release Date of Halo Infinite

OP Toxic snowmen

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
As Todd Howard has kindly shown us, it's NOT where you end up with games, it's where you start. Look this game is clearly not finished and needs a lot of touching up, which I imagine translates over to the amount of content (playable areas, characters, missions, easter eggs, graphics, lighting, story, ect..) as a whole most likely needing more work too. Look there's no shame in opting for a delay, I think at this point it's probably in 343 and Microsoft's best interest if they want to make more money than they predict while also appealing to old and new fans at the same time, two birds one stone kind of thing. You really don't want to be the next Destiny/Anthem/Fallout 76 I assure you that is the exact connection that the internet will be looking to make if it flops, and will cause more harm than good for 343's reputation long term, than any amount of cost effective production or monetary goal you have set for Halo Infinite. Invest more into the game, and it will invest in you. I hope the boomers over at Microsoft that didn't grow up playing video games or computers can wrap their heads around that concept, just like they bought Skype for $8.5 billion dollars lmaooo, imagine spending that much for a dead program. Hold this L for me Microsoft.

Okay I want to add a little edit because this got some attention. I don't think the game looks bad, I like the art style, I'm not hating. I am just cautious. Them announcing F2P imo is a huge step in the right direction but it doesn't fix the issues present in the game. One person recommended here that they delay the campaign but release multiplayer on time and I think that is the best answer to their current situation.
Game definitely needs a delay.

However they will release it unfinished just like most live service games release these days.

Fallout 76
Anthem
Battlefield 5
Star Wars: Battlefront 2

All made this very same mistake. When will developers AND publishers learn from history.
Whether it's delayed or not, at least we can have a better game through patches and dlc. Back in the day many games just sucked, and you were stuck with that version forever.

Also I personally haven't seen multiplayer or the rest of campaign. For all I know it looks good and plays good, enough to be released on time. Or maybe, it is a mess who knows.
Regice554 wrote:
Whether it's delayed or not, at least we can have a better game through patches and dlc. Back in the day many games just sucked, and you were stuck with that version forever.

Also I personally haven't seen multiplayer or the rest of campaign. For all I know it looks good and plays good, enough to be released on time. Or maybe, it is a mess who knows.
Bare in mind that the gameplay they were willing to show to the public was the most polished slice of gameplay they had.... So the rest of the game likely looks worse then what was shown....

However they will release it unfinished just like most live service games release these days.

Fallout 76
Anthem
Battlefield 5

All made this very same mistake. When will developers AND publishers learn from history.
Yeah I agree, that's why I made a joke about boomers in my thread because my only logical explanation at this point is that the people pushing the BIG monetary decisions are all in their late 50's or older and have business degrees or something but don't actually KNOW their target audience or consumers habits, and therefore no nothing about the industry aside from "ha I have big degree I can use money".
Regice554 wrote:

Exactly what I was about to say.
Regice554 wrote:

And Slipspace has ? been built around frequent upgrades / pushes. So tidying things up should happen seamlessly.
Darwi wrote:
Regice554 wrote:

And Slipspace has ? been built around frequent upgrades / pushes. So tidying things up should happen seamlessly.
No such thing as "seamless" for any game development updates.
Regice554 wrote:

Yeah true I hope I'm wrong but generally considering what Sparkhawk122 said I think he's right that companies typically will show off the BEST slice of gameplay they have to show to build hype. What we saw looked great mechanically but graphically and also story wise I think it leaves a bit to be desired, a lot of the game is more than likely unpolished, not unfinished but unpolished is the better word here.
That was my first reaction after watching the gameplay reveal as well. The game looks rough in areas but after watching the reveal a few more times I can't wait to get my hands on this game. The gameplay looks so amazing and the potential for this game is really unlimited. I'd hate to see a delay because there is really nothing outside of Cyberpunk coming in the fall that appeals to me.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show

Fallout 76
Anthem
Battlefield 5

8 minutes. you watched 8 minutes and you're some how an expert of if something needs to be delayed. What other things are you a drama queen about?
Well... I could say different opinions but in this case that would be you?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
So not only do you not have any judgment but you also lack any wit
If you have an issue with someone I recommend avoiding full on personal attacks in the future.

Enjoy your day.
Spoiler:
Show
As Todd Howard has kindly shown us, it's NOT where you end up with games, it's where you start. Look this game is clearly not finished and needs a lot of touching up, which I imagine translates over to the amount of content (playable areas, characters, missions, easter eggs, graphics, lighting, story, ect..) as a whole most likely needing more work too. Look there's no shame in opting for a delay, I think at this point it's probably in 343 and Microsoft's best interest if they want to make more money than they predict while also appealing to old and new fans at the same time, two birds one stone kind of thing. You really don't want to be the next Destiny/Anthem/Fallout 76 I assure you that is the exact connection that the internet will be looking to make if it flops, and will cause more harm than good for 343's reputation long term, than any amount of cost effective production or monetary goal you have set for Halo Infinite. Invest more into the game, and it will invest in you. I hope the boomers over at Microsoft that didn't grow up playing video games or computers can wrap their heads around that concept, just like they bought Skype for $8.5 billion dollars lmaooo, imagine spending that much for a dead program. Hold this L for me Microsoft.
The only thing that seems remotely unfinished is the graphics which can easy be finished within a week or 2. The game still looks fine and I would play what I saw in the demo. Besides if they delay the game the series x will fail, no ifs and or buts
The only thing that seems remotely unfinished is the graphics which can easy be finished within a week or 2. The game still looks fine and I would play what I saw in the demo. Besides if they delay the game the series x will fail, no ifs and or buts
You have to be joking... A week or 2 to fix all of that?

Also the one x didn't have halo as a launch title, it'll live

1. If you ever watch a game development video, they spend 2 weeks at most on graphics polishing. And that is from way worse graphical state than what we saw.
2. Even if graphics dont improve, that by itself is no reason to delay the game.
3. The one x was not a generation of xbox, just an enhanced xbox one, and it had more than the series x does. The series x literally has nothing other than halo infinite as a launch title, so yes it will fail miserably if halo infinite gets delayed

1. If you ever watch a game development video, they spend 2 weeks at most on graphics polishing. And that is from way worse graphical state than what we saw.
2. Even if graphics dont improve, that by itself is no reason to delay the game.
3. The one x was not a generation of xbox, just an enhanced xbox one, and it had more than the series x does. The series x literally has nothing other than halo infinite as a launch title, so yes it will fail miserably if halo infinite gets delayed
Then delay the series x. Its better to have no halo as a launch title than to have a bad game

Then delay the series x. Its better to have no halo as a launch title than to have a bad game
Yup, just because some people (yes, just some people) aren't happy with the graphics
Microsoft will throw their whole time table out of the window by delaying their most ambitious project since the last few years.
Seems reasonable.

/s
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2