Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Delay the Release Date of Halo Infinite

OP Toxic snowmen

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
SMOK69KMK wrote:
As Todd Howard has kindly shown us, it's NOT where you end up with games, it's where you start. Look this game is clearly not finished and needs a lot of touching up, which I imagine translates over to the amount of content (playable areas, characters, missions, easter eggs, graphics, lighting, story, ect..) as a whole most likely needing more work too. Look there's no shame in opting for a delay, I think at this point it's probably in 343 and Microsoft's best interest if they want to make more money than they predict while also appealing to old and new fans at the same time, two birds one stone kind of thing. You really don't want to be the next Destiny/Anthem/Fallout 76 I assure you that is the exact connection that the internet will be looking to make if it flops, and will cause more harm than good for 343's reputation long term, than any amount of cost effective production or monetary goal you have set for Halo Infinite. Invest more into the game, and it will invest in you. I hope the boomers over at Microsoft that didn't grow up playing video games or computers can wrap their heads around that concept, just like they bought Skype for $8.5 billion dollars lmaooo, imagine spending that much for a dead program. Hold this L for me Microsoft.
The only thing that seems remotely unfinished is the graphics which can easy be finished within a week or 2. The game still looks fine and I would play what I saw in the demo. Besides if they delay the game the series x will fail, no ifs and or buts
You have to be joking... A week or 2 to fix all of that?

Also the one x didn't have halo as a launch title, it'll live
1. If you ever watch a game development video, they spend 2 weeks at most on graphics polishing. And that is from way worse graphical state than what we saw.
2. Even if graphics dont improve, that by itself is no reason to delay the game.
3. The one x was not a generation of xbox, just an enhanced xbox one, and it had more than the series x does. The series x literally has nothing other than halo infinite as a launch title, so yes it will fail miserably if halo infinite gets delayed
Then delay the series x. Its better to have no halo as a launch title than to have a bad game
Yup, just because some people (yes, just some people) aren't happy with the graphics
Microsoft will throw their whole time table out of the window by delaying their most ambitious project since the last few years.
Seems reasonable.

/s
It does indeed
Have to disagree that Fallout 76 showed us it's all about the start, what Fallout 76 taught us is the true purpose of Game Pass (or perhaps game subscription services in general). When a game flops because of the state of the game at launch, Game Pass saves it allowing the game to receive the updates it needs to be a better experience. I haven't played a Fallout game but what I have seen is that Fallout 76 has been consistently highly ranked in the most played games part of the store since its addition to Game Pass. Sea of Thieves wasn't in a particularly good state at launch but because of being on Game Pass the whole time it eventually became one of the most successful Xbox Game Studios games of the whole Xbox One generation.

Whether Infinite needs a delay, I wouldn't be able to tell just from 8 minutes of campaign footage.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
As Todd Howard has kindly shown us, it's NOT where you end up with games, it's where you start. Look this game is clearly not finished and needs a lot of touching up, which I imagine translates over to the amount of content (playable areas, characters, missions, easter eggs, graphics, lighting, story, ect..) as a whole most likely needing more work too. Look there's no shame in opting for a delay, I think at this point it's probably in 343 and Microsoft's best interest if they want to make more money than they predict while also appealing to old and new fans at the same time, two birds one stone kind of thing. You really don't want to be the next Destiny/Anthem/Fallout 76 I assure you that is the exact connection that the internet will be looking to make if it flops, and will cause more harm than good for 343's reputation long term, than any amount of cost effective production or monetary goal you have set for Halo Infinite. Invest more into the game, and it will invest in you. I hope the boomers over at Microsoft that didn't grow up playing video games or computers can wrap their heads around that concept, just like they bought Skype for $8.5 billion dollars lmaooo, imagine spending that much for a dead program. Hold this L for me Microsoft.
The only thing that seems remotely unfinished is the graphics which can easy be finished within a week or 2. The game still looks fine and I would play what I saw in the demo. Besides if they delay the game the series x will fail, no ifs and or buts

1. If you ever watch a game development video, they spend 2 weeks at most on graphics polishing. And that is from way worse graphical state than what we saw.
2. Even if graphics dont improve, that by itself is no reason to delay the game.
3. The one x was not a generation of xbox, just an enhanced xbox one, and it had more than the series x does. The series x literally has nothing other than halo infinite as a launch title, so yes it will fail miserably if halo infinite gets delayed
Then delay the series x. Its better to have no halo as a launch title than to have a bad game
Yup, just because some people (yes, just some people) aren't happy with the graphics
Microsoft will throw their whole time table out of the window by delaying their most ambitious project since the last few years.
Seems reasonable.

/s
It does indeed
I somehow doubt you have thought this entire process through,
not that it matters, because it won't happen and you'll have to deal with that fact.
It doesn't need a delay and it is confirmed that it won't be delayed, just like the Series X.
And there's literally no argument that you can come up with that will change anyones mind.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:

Seems reasonable.

/s
It does indeed
not that it matters, because it won't happen and you'll have to deal with that fact.
It doesn't need a delay and it is confirmed that it won't be delayed, just like the Series X.
And there's literally no argument that you can come up with that will change anyones mind.
Good thing this forum exists for the purpose of discussing why not or why it should be.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:

Seems reasonable.

/s
It does indeed
Good thing this forum exists for the purpose of discussing why not or why it should be.
Just as for the purpose to tell when a bad idea is completely unrealistic.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:

Seems reasonable.

/s
It does indeed
Just as for the purpose to tell when a bad idea is completely unrealistic.

It won't be a bad game if the graphics aren't "next gen". Gameplay looks good, especially the ai. If the gameplay was -Yoinked!- up it would be different, but the ONLY PROBLEM I can see is graphics aren't polished enough
Now we will see if the higher ups want to make a worthy Halo or just quick money.Im sure 343 would love the game to be delayed couple months but i fear it's out of their control.
I agree. It seems that MS can never see past short term profits and see that rushing products does not garner a longstanding relationship with their customers
Isn't there a chance to launch F2P multiplayer and delay the campaign? I mean, it is clear that they intend to get money from F2P. It will be your main source of income, so why not delay the campaign until you have it in a decent state, if need it, and launch F2P with Xbox Series X?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
You seem a bit worked up by my post, I just want to say that it's pretty much the entire fan base's general consensus that something is not right with what we saw. Delays aren't a bad thing. For example Miyamoto at Nintendo said: “A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.” and what we saw from many recent titles this year, releasing a game unpolished is setup for failure. I'm not saying the game looks bad as a whole, but there are aspects mainly the technical parts of the graphics like lighting ect... and some models looking strange. Everyone agrees with this sentiment, you don't need to be a pro to understand that something looks off. Based on past unpolished released games, it generally translates over to the rest of the game that parts are unfinished or need work behind the scenes. In general having extra time to add more content will be well worth it.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
SMOK69KMK wrote:
SMOK69KMK wrote:

Seems reasonable.

/s
It does indeed
Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X. 3 consoles released within less then a 5 year span is the argument. There was also the Kinect feature failure that Xbox wasted all that time pushing, so there is at least one argument out there that has changed some peoples minds, just maybe not yours.
Regice554 wrote:
Whether it's delayed or not, at least we can have a better game through patches and dlc. Back in the day many games just sucked, and you were stuck with that version forever.

Also I personally haven't seen multiplayer or the rest of campaign. For all I know it looks good and plays good, enough to be released on time. Or maybe, it is a mess who knows.
Bare in mind that the gameplay they were willing to show to the public was the most polished slice of gameplay they had.... So the rest of the game likely looks worse then what was shown....
that's all just speculation. wait until they start releasing more footage before we start rage quitting on Halo Infinite before it comes out.

It won't be a bad game if the graphics aren't "next gen". Gameplay looks good, especially the ai. If the gameplay was -Yoinked!- up it would be different, but the ONLY PROBLEM I can see is graphics aren't polished enough
You HOPE that is the only problem, yes it's the only problem we can see for now but generally issues are consistent or persist throughout a product if they are seen at first impressions like that. I'm assuming that many areas of the game are unpolished most likely. The art style is not the problem, the technical graphical issues like lighting, ect... are the issues. I sincerely hope the game is all wrapped up, chock full of content, easter eggs, stuff to do, interactions, story, ect... But be honest with me and tell me you think that will be the case, I highly unfortunately doubt it.
There could be other issues as well. It is hard to say from the 8 minute demo, but the only noticable issues from ths that are related to graphics. The gameplay looks good from the demo. I personally dont care if the game has next gen graphics, and I would be happy to play what I saw in the demo. I doubt it has any major issues that are not related to graphics after nearly 5 years of development, but I could be wrong. They have promised continuous updates after launch and as long as the game isn't straight up broken I dont think they should or will delay it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2