OP UnheardCARNAGE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 26
Pushed to 2021

To be honest I didn’t think it would get delayed, they seemed pretty adamant on the launch date release. Hoping the team stays healthy and safe.

Keep it clean, constructive, and thoughtful of all parties involved. If you're coming into this topic heated take a deep breath before posting! Thank you all :)
This is a good thing. The game just didn’t look ready for release. Like Miyamoto said, “A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.”
Pushed to 2021To be honest I didn’t think it would get delayed, they seemed pretty adamant on the launch date release.
I'm surprised too, this is very disheartening.

Starting to think XSX and PS5 may end up being delayed into 2021 now too. Unless Xbox can announce something half decent for launch, it looks like PS5 will have a superior start and I'll have to side with Sony on this one.
Ken2379 wrote:
Pushed to 2021To be honest I didn’t think it would get delayed, they seemed pretty adamant on the launch date release.
I'm surprised too, this is very disheartening.

Starting to think XSX and PS5 may end up being delayed into 2021 now too. Unless Xbox can announce something half decent for launch, it looks like PS5 will have a superior start and I'll have to side with Sony on this one.
I’m pretty curious of this as well. I wonder if later today MS will make a statement regarding the Series X.
Thank the gods.
Keep it clean, constructive, and thoughtful of all parties involved. If you're coming into this topic heated take a deep breath before posting! Thank you all :)
I’m glad it was delayed. Halo is Microsoft’s baby and it deserves to be released in a complete state. I think this will be better for the series overall.
well time to wait and see then.

I doubt those with inflated expectations are gonna change their view much even when it does release.
Ken2379 wrote:
I’m pretty curious of this as well. I wonder if later today MS will make a statement regarding the Series X.
They have mentioned COVID has not slowed production at all. But the startling lack of information, price, release date, gameplay footage, games so close to the supposed release screams that there will be a delay.

I remember PS3 being delayed which is what lead me to the Xbox 360 in the first place. If one console gets delayed and the other doesn't, they'll surely be stung hard by it. Probably why neither are announcing any delay even if that's the case. The competition would then have extreme incentive to deliver on time.
I was a bit upset when I read the tweet. But, this is really one of the best things 343i has ever done. Being honest and delaying a game due to quality concerns tells me 343i is committed to releasing a complete and polished game. It must be doubly difficult for 343i to make this decision since Infinite was supposed to be a launch title for Series X. All the Halo games released on Xbox One could have benefited from a nice delay.

Perhaps 343i took another page out of id’s book as DOOM Eternal was delayed and incredibly good on day 1. This delay gives me a good feeling and I’m looking forward to Infinite, frustrating though the wait may be.
Pushed to 2021To be honest I didn’t think it would get delayed, they seemed pretty adamant on the launch date release. Hoping the team stays healthy and safe.
im guessing september 2021 release.
I’m honestly kinda surprised too but I think it’s the right choice if they truly wanted to deliver a fully fleshed out game at launch. Not to say we won’t get some things that’ll come post launch. This will allow them additional time to polish and whatnot. Perhaps there will be style changes or redesigns of visuals or maybe not, but I can’t see this as being a bad thing. Hopefully this will give us ray tracing at launch as well. Overall, I think it was the right choice. I don’t want them to kill themselves trying to push to meet a very close ship date. I’d rather give them the time needed to fulfill their vision as well as ensure they’re work isn’t dominating their lives.
There's me thinking that this would be the highlight of the year... ah well
Good. They have time to remove sprint now.
Good. It looked like crap and Halo deserves better.

343i should strive for better and Microsoft should know better.

Every dev should take a page from CDPR and release their product "when its ready", not before.

Best decision 343i has made in years.
I like how Chris say's he knows many fan will be disappointed. It's like dude we totally understand the challenges COVID brings, all of us as fans would rather more game companies adopt the "when it's ready" policy rather then releasing half finished games. Gaming should be about art and story telling, not money. I'm glad they chose to delay. We'll receive a better product. Stoked for 2021!
Great, now there's time to remove advanced mobility and start over with map design.
Now I'm wondering what the full game would've looked like if it launched as scheduled.
Glad to see 343 took the feedback, and the unfortunate reality of quarantine, to heart. As much as we, and the team, wanted to play this game - we all have realized it needs time to become the best it can be
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 26