4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 26
Loki Lyfe wrote:
Gives me more time to save for the X.
And not just the X... I don't need to rush out and buy a new monitor.

Halo is my #1 reason to upgrade... and now I can see what 2021 holds in terms of the next gen of 4K, 120hz, HDMI2.1 beauties.
Darwi wrote:
But it's also very concerning for the XSX launch. There weren't a lot of other AAA games even at the stage of showing game play...
I've been reading this thread and I keep seeing people talk about this as if it's not just Microsoft's problem. From a Halo fan's perspective, what reason is there to be concerned about how many Xbox consoles get sold? If you like Xbox then buy Xbox, no need to worry about how many other people are also buying it, right? I guess I just don't understand this "console wars" stuff 🤔
The only interest I have in the Console Wars is that both Sony and MS do well - and keep pushing each other for performance (and price).

My concern with the launch is having a AU$750+ paperweight on my desk...

And yes, I could (and may well) just save my money until Halo comes out. Or then again, maybe I can use it to hold up my 2021 calendar on.
Darwi wrote:
Loki Lyfe wrote:
Gives me more time to save for the X.
And not just the X... I don't need to rush out and buy a new monitor.

Halo is my #1 reason to upgrade... and now I can see what 2021 holds in terms of the next gen of 4K, 120hz, HDMI2.1 beauties.
My thoughts exactly spartan.
Gonna he a new expensive upgrade. Got the 4k TV. Just the xbox and controllers.
A little disappointed to hear that we have to wait even longer but its honestly for the best. Rather 343 take the time to get this game right at launch in 2021.
Excellent decision!
Seriously this brings hope to not just myself but my wife as well.
While the demo you showcased was enjoyable, after many viewings
it was easy to to see the shortcomings that would have inevitably
hurt the games launch. From both of us, as much as it's worth,
We appreciate, understand, and respect this delay decision and
look forward to seeing the improved version in 2021.
Infinite seems like it will be well worth the wait.
Thank you!

Cheers!
-Trey
I am happy they decided to do this, gives them time to fix the graphical issues also gives them more time to polish the game (balancing, optimizations, adding more easter eggs maybe?)
zmandude24 wrote:
This is a good thing. We don't want another Halo 5 with pitiful content at launch or even worse an Xbox MCC where the game doesn't work.
We dont want another halo 5 gameplay wise. Multiplayer needs to be classic.
Ok so now that we know that Halo Infinite is going to be delayed, my money is on a multiplayer beta this November when the XSX launches. I have a hard time believing Microsoft would allow the XSX to launch without Halo. Fingers crossed.
I'm honestly relieved that they are delaying the game. A tad bit disappointed yeah, but I want 343 to make a high-quality, top-notch product than releasing something disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very much looking forward to Infinite. Maybe it'll give them some more time to release a demo/beta prior to launch. I still want them to at least consider changing/improving on the following items (at least from what I've seen from the Infinite gameplay demo):

1. Change the Warthog's sound to make it sound beefier/more aggressive. Say what you will about prior Warthog's sounds (good or bad), but you can instantly recognize it from Halo's 1 to Reach. Halo 4 and 5 it was different but they didn't sound puny or weak.
  2. The graphics I know they said they'll be updating with more texture/depth/etc. which I'm holding them to that, especially for a next-gen console.
  3. The gold hexagonal-looking energy shield recharging effect should be toned down (not necessarily removed entirely), that way it doesn't obstruct the player's vision.
This is good news for halo, not so much for xbox. But Thank you for delaying this game. it certainly needs more time. You've made a wise decision.
Here are a few things i think we can all agree on that needs to be worked on in a specific order.

The Possible:
-Improved textures; Scratches, dirt, blood, make everything look weathered down. This is the banished we are talking about, they are not clean like the covenant. They are gruff and only care for function, not a pristine look. And it looks like all the materials that are human base that is up for grabs for chief, is all scattered from a crash or something. Make them have some wear and tear in the human equipment and weapons.

-Some degree of ray tracing (lighting) at launch. This game must deliver the full potential of Series X

-Solid 60 FPS. Never mind the resolution. if it can be 1440p, that is perfectly acceptable.

-Escharum. Make him look more intimidating. He is not atriox but that doesn't mean Escharum can look less than him. Have him wear some skulls around his neck or something. Maybe have a cracked spartan 4 helmet hanging by his waste as a trophy to show his ruthlessness.

-weather. open world games are more alive than ever, so give some life in the environment. we see that today! so how about add some Wind moving trees and the grass. Leaves falling from the trees. You didnt show much but if we can explore other ecosystems, make it alive! add storms, rain, sand storms, blizzards. whatever you can to sell the world on Zeta Halo.

-Explosions. They were underwhelming. let's see larger fireballs, black smoke fuming from the source, sparks flying, dirt being thrown in the air. Make it huge like it was in Halo CE.
-The banish phantom: I'm not the only one that noticed this but that phantom looks geometrically simple. People were comparing it to a megablocks toy. It's true. It looks way too simple and childish when I first saw it. Make it look menacing. Have it glow red and shine spot lights down as if it is hunting for the chief. Make it more visually interesting like the phantom was back in halo 5.

The hopeful:
-Improved animation. games have become more sophisticated over the years to bring life into NPC and enemies. If we punch craig in the face, we need to see him in pain. squinting, whatever you can do to make them feel more alive. If i grapple a fusion core into my arms, let's see it slam into chief's hands and give it a metal oomph. Make us feel that weight.
- A.I.; want it to be more like halo CE? make the enemies smarter. Have them counter or flank us. Let's see some coordination. Make these small enemy encounters be special every time and have these small groups of enemy like in the reveal have their own strategies. woah, this one is more aggressive. this other one is more defensive, this one likes to use banshees a lot. let your imagination run wild with ai.
-to feel like we are hunted. This is the banished. They are not afraid of the chief. they only want the glory of killing him or at least fighting. maybe we could Have hunting parties? banshees and phantoms scouting for the chief? if spotted, not only will they attack but call in some ghosts or wraiths or something.

The impossible but i can only dream:

-change the art style. I know people like halo 3 but halo reach's grittiness was a step in the right direction. The military, grounded look in halo 4 was fantastic and 5 was gorgeous. The added details we saw in 4 and 5 was fantastic. the holographic lights that popped out of covenant weapons was a great touch that made it look distinct and different. when we were aiming down the sights, the hologram that pops up was another nice detail that i haven't seen in any other fps.

- the edges on the landscape. Those hexagonal columns. i understand the direction you were going for but it is way too simple. maybe we can see the inner workings of the ring itself. show the forerunner tech inside the ring when we near the edge of ring's large pieces to make it look more like a forerunner structure like you did back in halo 4. the forerunner architecture was magnificent. better than bungie's design.

that's all i can think of. this was more spur of the moment post.
I, like the majority of people, am very glad they are delaying the game. It was more than obvious that it needed much more time than four months to get the game to the state it needs to be in to launch. As a few others have said already I'm sure, but I hope they use this extra time and bring in the classic weapons like the shotgun and magnum back into the game.
I am beyond happy with the delay. I want an excellent Halo game, not a rushed one.

Good call, 343!
It's not even close to being ready. What they showed wasn't even a good example of a current gen game. Playing Doom Eternal, Gears 5, The Division 2 on my Xbox One X and all look light years ahead of what 343i showed us. There are a lot more problems going on there than Covid-19
Agreed. Unless COVID caused all their artists to rapidly lose their sight while creating art assets COVID isn't the issue here.
Art is not the problem in my opinion. It's mostly detail, textures and lighting. The style is what I want
Hopefully the HIGHEST frequently popular requests makes it into infinite ever since 4 and 5 after reach had this. That being playable elites, and if they do return as playable for custom games/ forge and heck maybe there own gametypes for them like how reach had elite slayer. That would be super good for the community and probably customizable as well with either like reach preset armor style or halo 3 customization for elite armor pieces. I don't mind if dual wielding returns or not, but elites big yes for return to be as playable cause we have so far ce, 4 and 5 didn't have playable elites. So to make it more with classic, and other things that made halo so iconic would be playable elites in multiplayer system.
Cool! Take all the time you guys need!

While I'm excited to fight the Banished in an FPS, I don't mind waiting for the game to launch if that means it runs well on day 1.
I really hope they make the most of this delay. If the game releases looking exactly like the beta then this will cause more problems than it fixes.
As someone who has been critical of the demo showing and has openly called on 343vto delay the game the to givr us the best possible product at launch. I'm delighted with this decision.

It's the obvious and only sensible option they had available, I'm glad Ms didn't force them to release what they had regardless jyst to meet a artbituary deadline. This is great news for Halo fans even if they don't realise it as yet.

They can now put forward a beta for testing program and refine the systems rather than rush the product out half-baked I doubt there will be any wholesale changes to the game play, just a far more polished version for launch
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
zmandude24 wrote:
This is a good thing. We don't want another Halo 5 with pitiful content at launch or even worse an Xbox MCC where the game doesn't work.
343 seems to be building a reputation. Not getting the game done by deadline is not good especially when it is what will help sell the new console. The reaction to the demo is why it’s delayed not from coronavirus. People are happy because they can play a beta now? Good grief. Anyways make sure to discuss this in this thread where it will be buried.
Your disappointment will be instantaneous, while we shall cherish the progress of infinite
I think February or march maybe april 2021
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 26