2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 26
I'm interested to see what they do with the monster energy 2XP program. If the program is scrapped that seems like a huge waste of money on Microsofts part. Im confident in 343s creative team. Do your best to stay safe. <3
it's a good and a bad news at the same time.
I'd rather have a nice finished game than a game in pieces.
Courage to developers who still have a lot of work to do.
I'm happy they delayed Infinite. I hope the people at 343 stay safe and healthy.
It is likely we do not see the game until late Q2 or Q3. COVID and the very lukewarm response to the demo are going to require time to overcome. The game is not restarting development by any means but in my opinion elements are changing due to feedback not just further polish.
I think this decision was wise and I am not mad at all, I am glad there are developers like 343i that actually listen to their fanbase.
The game needed more time and they realized so. I'd rather have a good game polished with care and intent rather than something like Ghost Recon Breakpoint which is a prime example of a ruined game due to rushed developing.
i hope they launch a beta at the series x launch date. this would reduce the damage of a missing launch title and hold the beta promise.
Matt71 wrote:
What part of the delay is embarrassing? Taking the time to polish the game? Taking the time to make sure it's an excellent Halo game? Covid is not an excuse. Have you ever worked from home? It can be a process. Now, add hundreds of people working from home and you have a work environment that may be less-than-ideal.

I understand people will be upset with the delay. But, if Halo Infinite is all the better for it, I say delay it for as long as it takes. No one will remember any of this if the final game kicks butt!

About the delay, there is one good upside: I really don't want a launch console. Let early adopters discover bugs/issues with new hardware. I am ok waiting 6 months to a year on new hardware myself. In gamer years, I'm 350 years old, so maybe I've gone.....practical in my old age.

343: please add hair to the Brutes. Except Craig. He should remain butt ugly forever. LOL

Alright, all. Night. Off to work!
The person you originally quoted is the type of person who thinks game engines are popped up over night like a pop up tent. What have they been doing for 5 years? 3 years on engine development MAX, and possibly two years on development. I can assure you, game engine development takes time.

Look on the bright side. I know they said 2021, but that could be any time in 2021 (Fingers crossed it is not a whole year, cause my soul cant take that. But if needs must, then im fine). Id be happy to buy a new console if they at least had something like Gears launching with it.
For those of you worried that this delay might hurt the Xbox Series X, remember that Halo 3 came out in September 2007, almost two years after the Xbox 360 launched in November 2005. What matters is that Infinite launches when it is ready, and not before.
John9895 wrote:
For those of you worried that this delay might hurt the Xbox Series X, remember that Halo 3 came out in September 2007, almost two years after the Xbox 360 launched in November 2005. What matters is that Infinite launches when it is ready, and not before.
Then again I don’t remember them calling it there flagship game when the 360 was launched like they kept saying about the new game was for the new system
Turgon T24 wrote:
John9895 wrote:
Then again I don’t remember them calling it there flagship game when the 360 was launched like they kept saying about the new game was for the new system
True, but their flagship for the 360 was Perfect Dark Zero and that game suuuuuuuuuucked.
Tresor564 wrote:
Pushed to 2021To be honest I didn’t think it would get delayed, they seemed pretty adamant on the launch date release. Hoping the team stays healthy and safe.

Keep it clean, constructive, and thoughtful of all parties involved. If you're coming into this topic heated take a deep breath before posting! Thank you all :)
beyond angry at this I am not willing to wait until 2021 for graphic improvements it is a beyond stupid decision
I don't recall there being any specific details as to what's getting adressed with the development extension.
Yes, graphics are probably going to be improved, possibly even Ray-tracing added, as that was said to be implemented later.

So, for Infinite's future reputation, on paper that decision is good.
Thank the Forerunners for the delay. Now please 343 use this time to add the shotgun and/or magnum into the game.
I'm actually not too bothered by the magnum possibly not being in the game at launch, but there needs to be a close range shotgun that inta kills at close range in multiplayer, and I doubt the bulldog would fulfill this role.
Since we haven't heard anything about playable Elites, that's another feature you could use more time for, especially for customization options.
knick93 wrote:
zmandude24 wrote:
This is a good thing. We don't want another Halo 5 with pitiful content at launch or even worse an Xbox MCC where the game doesn't work.
We dont want another halo 5 gameplay wise. Multiplayer needs to be classic.
Delay doesn’t mean they’ll necessarily change the gameplay. I’d love a classic experience but temper your expectations.
Honestly so glad to hear this, looking forward to the game even more now
I can't say that I'm not disappointed but with everything in a state of ciaos in the world right now you have do what you have to do to stay safe. Plus it gives 343 extra time to polish the game for release.
Naqser wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
Pushed to 2021To be honest I didn’t think it would get delayed, they seemed pretty adamant on the launch date release. Hoping the team stays healthy and safe.

Keep it clean, constructive, and thoughtful of all parties involved. If you're coming into this topic heated take a deep breath before posting! Thank you all :)
beyond angry at this I am not willing to wait until 2021 for graphic improvements it is a beyond stupid decision
I don't recall there being any specific details as to what's getting adressed with the development extension.
Yes, graphics are probably going to be improved, possibly even Ray-tracing added, as that was said to be implemented later.

So, for Infinite's future reputation, on paper that decision is good.
The gameplay and story look good, but the graphics look like crap. Improving the graphics would go along way toward helping the game. IMO the graphics looked like the game came out in 2013 with the launch of XB1. Some things in the game looked good like metal surfaces other stuff looked like utter garbage like grass, mud, and grunts. Everybody I talked to was expecting eye popping visuals, it was none of that. In addition the WartHog sounded like some beat up hoopty that was 20 years old with 300k miles on it. there was little to no mud or dirt flown from the tires. The guns firing looked weak. Yes that matters. Make the guns look over the top violent when fired. unlike the current paint ball guns. I want to see FIRE coming out of the guns when fired if they are MC's guns. Go back and looked at CE Remastered for reference.
Sad I won't get to play it this year since 2020 has been a bad year for gaming but I'm happy for this delay. Game must be improved then.

I just hope beta at least happens this year
This is a good thing. The game just didn’t look ready for release. Like Miyamoto said, “A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.”
i think they have to beta test at this point.... they need community input
I'm happy they delayed Infinite. I hope the people at 343 stay safe and healthy.
Me too. Healt is more important than work.
Also Halo infinite will become greater with more time for the development.
It must be Series X only, not cross-gen junk. It simply must not release on Xbox One for the good of the game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 26