2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 26
I hope the delay is for a full year. If it's only a few weeks, it could be that they're trying to get the rest of the game on par with what we saw in the demo. Not enough time to overhaul significant elements of the game. The Series X will be waiting and there will be plenty of AAA games to play until then.
It must be Series X only, not cross-gen junk. It simply must not release on Xbox One for the good of the game.
I agree. Cross Gen is going to hold the game back. I really hope they rethink that position.
Matt71 wrote:
It must be Series X only, not cross-gen junk. It simply must not release on Xbox One for the good of the game.
I agree. Cross Gen is going to hold the game back. I really hope they rethink that position.
I like the fact that it is cross gen the games systems are becoming as bad as cell phones there making a new one every year now I can't afford a new Xbox every year I don't have that kind of money I know some people do but I am not one of them
Please no later then may 2021 I don't think I could wait another year for it. It's been 5 years already
Please no later then may 2021 I don't think I could wait another year for it. It's been 5 years already
From a Developers perspective. Giving them 6 months to complete this game sounds good to me. *thumbs up*
This is a really good descision but not a surprising one after that disappointing demo and the fact that 343 can’t afford another 2014 MCC colossal failure of a launch. What I can’t understand is why they were so adamant of the holiday 2020 launch just a few weeks ago. Obviously the backlash from the demo was the nail in the coffin.

I feel for the staff, having to deal with COVID but we all know the delay goes deeper than that. 343 had 5 years and a supposed $500 million dollar budget and the demo looked nothing like a next gen game. It’s obvious that there were issues given the number of people who left throughout development of the game and the lack of gameplay leading up to the initial release date.

Now they have the extra time I think they should listen to the fans and add back the classic tried and true weapons that make Halo, Halo. I’m not sure why they removed them in the first place but personally I thought the new weapons just made the game look like any other FPS on the market. Similarly with the grapple hook and clamber, it just doesn’t belong. I can’t see sprint being taken out this far into game development but the hook and clamber being removed would be nice. It’s been shown from previous titles the further Halo strays from its core the games’ lifespan dwindles.

What 343 needs to provide us in the meantime is a beta and trailers/gameplay to keep the hype alive (this has been sorely lacking) through the rest of 2020 and until launch in 2021. We still haven’t seen any multiplayer gameplay and the game was set to release only a few months from now adding to the speculation that something went wrong during development.

343s track record hasn’t been good so Infinite really does need to exceed expectations. Capitalise on the new gen hardware, leave Xbox One in the past. Cross gen is a hinderance just make the game the best it can be for next gen and the game will be better off. I wish nothing but the best and I hope they can deliver as this game will make or break the franchise.
Frankly I'm just around to see if they ruined the mp as well with sprint, advanced mobility, battle-passes and a platea of microtransactions. AAs like the grappling hook can be fine as long as those are used like power weapons with limited usage. Mix them with actual equipment and sprint though and you get yet another H4/5 mess. You know? The kind of mess people kept warning them about for years.

But hey! Got to make the game their own, Bungie is no more! Right 343i? Because that's how it works when you take over an existing and ongoing ip, you change everything to appeal to everybody but the fans. Should be their slogan!

Yeah, take an additional year and try to salvage what you can. That was a smart decision, but I doubt the game will be anything special. For sure not the jumping on platform for a ten years plan!
Glad they delayed it, I feel best case scenario would be for them to commit to making this an Xsx exclusive. As unlikely as that is.

Release this in Nov 2021 and focus on making the game, the campaign especially, a true next gen experience. At the very least they need to demonstrate to everyone a clear, leap between the versions. Admittedly a wait this long would be a killer

Initial XSX sales are likely to be impacted by this delay, is infinite is a true next gen Halo experience, they could recoup some of that lost revenue. If they must keep the xbox one version, I just hope they can create a clear difference to make the worth wait it... I believe it will be, but my only concern is Xbox one, still impacting decision making around the game, with that jump in power - how could it not?
I’m glad it was delayed. Halo is Microsoft’s baby and it deserves to be released in a complete state. I think this will be better for the series overall.
Well... Halo 5 wasn't a complete state lol
I’m glad it was delayed. Halo is Microsoft’s baby and it deserves to be released in a complete state. I think this will be better for the series overall.
Well... Halo 5 wasn't a complete state lol
I’m aware. Halo 5 and MCC had horrible launches and I don’t want Infinite to follow that trend
This is really bad news for the launch of the Xbox Series X and a serious blow in general for Xbox. It's not a good way to launch a new console, when your AAA launch title that's meant to move product off the store shelves gets delayed to the next year. Just imagine if The Coca Cola Company said that Coca Cola would be delayed for a year!

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, but it truly fascinates me how the internet behaves. Forbes ran an article last month saying that the graphics weren't great. And now, Microsoft delays the game because of COVID, which I'm sure is not the only reason, if I had to guess. So you'd think Forbes would be happy! But yesterday they ran an article, written by the same guy, claiming that this is bad news for the Xbox Series X. So If you're trying to please the internet, you'll never win.

I know that COVID is huge a concern that's making it harder for everyone. But Microsoft and their developers must've really thought that the game was too far behind where it needed to be. This is going to raise a lot of questions about the franchise and I predict will have an impact on sales of the new console. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people pass on the Xbox Series X this holiday as a result.
This is not based on anything but my own feelings but, I doubt this delay had as much to do with graphics and specs for the Series X than it does with 343 still not knowing what exactly the type of game/story they are making. On the flip side of course, I now have more time to finish the rest of the books and get my brother to play through Halo Wars 2 together.
Thank god they are delaying as it looked like it belonged from the original xbox days.
Enrico 117 wrote:
Let's be honest, who didn't come out of the trailer disappointed in some capacity? I think for each one of us there's at least one thing or another that we didn't like, even 343 thought there were some things they didn't like, and watching the comments I saw a lot of people who didn't enjoy the trailer at all. To make a decent part of the audience completely happy, at least one year of fixes is needed. Even more than a year, if you want to make a game that appeals to half of the people who watched the trailer imo. One of the biggest complaints of Halo 5 was it came out incomplete, so I can't help but facepalm my self when I think 343 was about to make the same mistake with Halo Infinite. I guess I shouldn't be surprised about it. While I'm at it, here I warn everybody else too: don't be surprised if Halo Infinite launches incomplete even a year from now.
This kind of attitude is why most developers don't listen to fans. Its one thing to be critical when you want change, its another thing to spit on the developer regardless of what they do, even when they make a good choice, that benefits their game.
I expect the new release date to be around december 2021. The game needs to receive a massive technical upgrade now, and I'd like to see it only on series x, with a ray tracing option, stable 60fps, no pop-in and a more dynamic world.
Very happy it's being delayed.
I'll wait more than a year for a full game.
connerjw wrote:
Idk about you but I don’t make $500 purchases based on a single $60 videogame. Halo at launch or not I’m dying for the upgrade to better hardware. I think this is the right move in the long run for both the Xbox and Halo. I’d rather have the Xbox launch with no exclusives than a single unfinished and maybe bad game.
It’s a factor for people like myself who are considering a new Xbox vs ps5 vs build a new pc vs just keep playing on the pc I have. Without halo the Xbox offers me nothing that I can’t get on the ps5 or pc.
connerjw wrote:
Idk about you but I don’t make $500 purchases based on a single $60 videogame. Halo at launch or not I’m dying for the upgrade to better hardware. I think this is the right move in the long run for both the Xbox and Halo. I’d rather have the Xbox launch with no exclusives than a single unfinished and maybe bad game.
It’s a factor for people like myself who are considering a new Xbox vs ps5 vs build a new pc vs just keep playing on the pc I have. Without halo the Xbox offers me nothing that I can’t get on the ps5 or pc.
Completely agree. If halo infinite is even average, there's no way I'm getting an Xbox series x, I'm finally switching to PlayStation. For me, it's the last straw, and I've been with halo since before it actually came to the original Xbox. Halo has been the reason to get an xbox
This is excellent news. It must be hard on the devs to work in these conditions, totally understand their decision. Also, it’s clear that the game is quite unfinished, especially in the graphics department. With this delay and even more dev time, they can make the graphics look even better, giving us a stunning looking game. With this delay, I think 343 and MS should seriously consider making this game next-gen and PC exclusive, and drop the Xbone support. This game shouldn’t be held back by older tech, limits the devs. Honestly, this would be way better than trying to have it on all platforms.
Frankly I'm just around to see if they ruined the mp as well with sprint, advanced mobility, battle-passes and a platea of microtransactions. AAs like the grappling hook can be fine as long as those are used like power weapons with limited usage. Mix them with actual equipment and sprint though and you get yet another H4/5 mess. You know? The kind of mess people kept warning them about for years.

But hey! Got to make the game their own, Bungie is no more! Right 343i? Because that's how it works when you take over an existing and ongoing ip, you change everything to appeal to everybody but the fans. Should be their slogan!

Yeah, take an additional year and try to salvage what you can. That was a smart decision, but I doubt the game will be anything special. For sure not the jumping on platform for a ten years plan!
Exactly this. The only reason I’m bothered about the delay is that I’ll probably have to wait longer on the multiplayer reveal to see if they butchered that too with sprint and idiotic map design as a result.

The mtx I’m already convinced are going to be hell as they’re making it f2p and are posting vacancies for soulsucking vampires that are experts in that field.

I gotta applaud the decision to delay regardless though. I was absolutely convinced they were going to launch it broken and incomplete and let you ‘play’ (test) it with your money in their pocket. Seems that’s not going to happen and that’s praiseworthy.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 26