3. 22
  4. 23
  5. 24
  6. 25
  7. ...
  8. 26
GP Carry wrote:
ydd33491 wrote:
I believe halo infinite should release along side the xbox series x, even tho there are some issues I think along as the gameplay mechanics are strong and finished it will be a great game. Graphics aren't everything its not what makes or breaks a game it's the gameplay and story.
The graphic issue is likely one on of many challenges they are currently facing regarding development. It's anyone's guess what myriad of other issues they are dealing with right now. We're far past this game getting released at the XSX launch or not. At this point, I think the bigger question is going to be when will it be released in 2021?

I am sure right now they are under immense pressure to get it finished as quick as possible. If I had to guess, I think they're probably targeting a Q2 2021 release date. That will likely slip into Q3. All of a sudden, we will be coming up on the 20th anniversary of Xbox and Halo CE in November 2021. I wouldn't be surprised if they use that as an excuse for more time and release the game on the 20th anniversary. If it plays out like that, we're essentially looking at a ~1 year delay in total, which doesn't seem unreasonable to me.
And I completely agree but even for xbox series x sake they can't wait that long alot of people already said they won't purchase xbox this year due to delay of halo and other titles. They bit off more then they can chew and on that note I think they should drop the xbox one s and x version of halo infinite wasting to much time and resources on a console that will be outdated in a year or 2
ydd33491 wrote:
GP Carry wrote:
ydd33491 wrote:
I believe halo infinite should release along side the xbox series x, even tho there are some issues I think along as the gameplay mechanics are strong and finished it will be a great game. Graphics aren't everything its not what makes or breaks a game it's the gameplay and story.
The graphic issue is likely one on of many challenges they are currently facing regarding development. It's anyone's guess what myriad of other issues they are dealing with right now. We're far past this game getting released at the XSX launch or not. At this point, I think the bigger question is going to be when will it be released in 2021?

I am sure right now they are under immense pressure to get it finished as quick as possible. If I had to guess, I think they're probably targeting a Q2 2021 release date. That will likely slip into Q3. All of a sudden, we will be coming up on the 20th anniversary of Xbox and Halo CE in November 2021. I wouldn't be surprised if they use that as an excuse for more time and release the game on the 20th anniversary. If it plays out like that, we're essentially looking at a ~1 year delay in total, which doesn't seem unreasonable to me.
And I completely agree but even for xbox series x sake they can't wait that long alot of people already said they won't purchase xbox this year due to delay of halo and other titles. They bit off more then they can chew and on that note I think they should drop the xbox one s and x version of halo infinite wasting to much time and resources on a console that will be outdated in a year or 2
As many have pointed out, the only console to launch with a Halo game was the OG Xbox in 2001. The 360 had an amazing life cycle despite having to wait 2 years for a Halo title, and well the Xbox One had a life cycle, but that was probably due to a lot more reasons than not having H5 on launch. The Series X can wait 1 year.
ydd33491 wrote:
GP Carry wrote:
ydd33491 wrote:

As many have pointed out, the only console to launch with a Halo game was the OG Xbox in 2001. The 360 had an amazing life cycle despite having to wait 2 years for a Halo title, and well the Xbox One had a life cycle, but that was probably due to a lot more reasons than not having H5 on launch. The Serie
ydd33491 wrote:
GP Carry wrote:
ydd33491 wrote:

I would just like them to announce xbox series x release date and maybe halo infinite its getting to close to the end of 2020 , maybe both playstation and xbox are playing chicken to see who's got what price so maybe the other can beat it
s X can wait
Is the game gonna get a Beta at least ?? Damn you covid 19 !!!
Is the game gonna get a Beta at least ?? Damn you covid 19
Covid has been around for 5 months. 5 months didnt make the demo look bad when they have 4 - 5 years to work on it.
Is the game gonna get a Beta at least ?? Damn you covid 19 !!!
We’re more likely to see a beta now that the game has been delayed. As for when? That depends when they plan to release the game. If they want to launch in fall 2021 we could see a beta in the summer. If they launch in summer we might not see one at all.
Is the game gonna get a Beta at least ?? Damn you covid 19
Covid has been around for 5 months. 5 months didnt make the demo look bad when they have 4 - 5 years to work on it.
Yeah but a chunk of that time was spent making the SlipSpace engine, storyboarding etc. It’s not just straight from the get go making a game.

I agree that 5 months didn’t make the game go bad but saying they had a whole 4-5 years making the game isn’t entirely accurate.

October this year would be the 5 year anniversary of Halo 5. So they’ve had about 4 years in studio and about 6 months of at home work time working on Infinite.
Open world games then to cut back on visuals due to how much stuff is being rendered.
fog usually plays a part in hiding low detail at distances.

retail games hardly ever look exactly like what was in a demo. most of time they are just shown to show what the engine can do and drive up the hype.
(remember watch dogs, far cry 3 / 4 and countless other games)
sometimes the graphics look worse on release, sometimes better and not very often do they look like a demo.

they said the demo was several hours into the campaign, this does not sound like a game that's no where near finished, they are most likely just behind on the finishing touches because of working from home and were forced to show off the game without the bells and whistles and this then backfired. So they decided to delay the launch so they have some extra time to finish it off.
-Yoink- NO! That would be the absolute worst thing that could happen other than cancelling all together. Let's face it with no major launch title the series x will fail at launch. Dropping the xbox one version would mean halo infinite fails as well. as for delaying to 2022, that would just lose all the hype this game has. Yes, the demo wasn't the best visually, but gameplay looked pretty damn good. Imo the game should release this fall but a delay to next year is understandable. Yes, a 2022 release may mean more polish, but only for the few fans who won't move on to other franchises by then. It has been 5, going on 6 years since a mainline halo title, the community is dwindling fast. Delaying to 2022 would be suicide for halo. They should just release the game when its debugged and solid, and update as necessary. Most of us will enjoy it and be happy with what we get.
I don't understand this idea that the Halo fanbase will shrivel and die if it takes too long for the next Halo game to come out. Imagine it's the year 2022 and Halo Infinite just gets released, are there really people who would say "oh boy Halo Infinite is finally out, but I won't get it because it took too long"?

Animal Crossing New Horizons (2020) got released 7 years after New Leaf (2013) but it's doing fine, the Animal Crossing fanbase certainly didn't wither away during those 7 years. I could think of many other examples, too. Because I'm pretty sure people don't normally decide to stop being fans of video game franchises they like, just because there isn't a new game in it for a while. Here's another one: the last F-Zero game was released in 2003 (or 2004 if you count that Japan-only GBA game that nobody cared about), but I adored that game and I would buy a new F-Zero game in a heartbeat, and I know there are many others who feel that way.

Oh, and the Xbox Series X will fail at launch without Halo? So what? That's Microsoft's problem.
Not saying it will die put completely, just more so. It is already dying out, and the longer they wait the worse it will be. Plus building hype for a release date, only to delay is NEVER a good thing. And I dont really care about the series x launch, yes that's Microsoft's problem, but I dont want the xbox one version to get dropped either. I dont know about yall, but I sure as -Yoink- dont want to see $500 of my money go down the drain for slightly better graphics.
Halo Infinite already lost all the hype it built, Series X is going to fail anyway, old fans are already too few. Releasing it like it did won't fix any of those problems, another bad Halo game, after how much it supposedly costed, might be the last straw for the franchises altogether. What I saw in the demo wasn't just graphically awful, the gameplay was bad too. I can't understand how people are ok with a 20 years old gameplay style, I loved it too, but it's time to move on. People are leaving Halo exactly because they're bored playing the same thing for 20 years, making Halo feel like Halo 3 will result in gaining zero new fans and old fans will keep leaving. 343 needs to innovate Halo, not just add one or two useless gimmiks to Halo 3 while dumbing down the good stuff too.
Enrico 117 wrote:
-Yoink- NO! That would be the absolute worst thing that could happen other than cancelling all together. Let's face it with no major launch title the series x will fail at launch. Dropping the xbox one version would mean halo infinite fails as well. as for delaying to 2022, that would just lose all the hype this game has. Yes, the demo wasn't the best visually, but gameplay looked pretty damn good. Imo the game should release this fall but a delay to next year is understandable. Yes, a 2022 release may mean more polish, but only for the few fans who won't move on to other franchises by then. It has been 5, going on 6 years since a mainline halo title, the community is dwindling fast. Delaying to 2022 would be suicide for halo. They should just release the game when its debugged and solid, and update as necessary. Most of us will enjoy it and be happy with what we get.
I don't understand this idea that the Halo fanbase will shrivel and die if it takes too long for the next Halo game to come out. Imagine it's the year 2022 and Halo Infinite just gets released, are there really people who would say "oh boy Halo Infinite is finally out, but I won't get it because it took too long"?

Animal Crossing New Horizons (2020) got released 7 years after New Leaf (2013) but it's doing fine, the Animal Crossing fanbase certainly didn't wither away during those 7 years. I could think of many other examples, too. Because I'm pretty sure people don't normally decide to stop being fans of video game franchises they like, just because there isn't a new game in it for a while. Here's another one: the last F-Zero game was released in 2003 (or 2004 if you count that Japan-only GBA game that nobody cared about), but I adored that game and I would buy a new F-Zero game in a heartbeat, and I know there are many others who feel that way.

Oh, and the Xbox Series X will fail at launch without Halo? So what? That's Microsoft's problem.
Not saying it will die put completely, just more so. It is already dying out, and the longer they wait the worse it will be. Plus building hype for a release date, only to delay is NEVER a good thing. And I dont really care about the series x launch, yes that's Microsoft's problem, but I dont want the xbox one version to get dropped either. I dont know about yall, but I sure as -Yoink- dont want to see $500 of my money go down the drain for slightly better graphics.
Halo Infinite already lost all the hype it built, Series X is going to fail anyway, old fans are already too few. Releasing it like it did won't fix any of those problems, another bad Halo game, after how much it supposedly costed, might be the last straw for the franchises altogether. What I saw in the demo wasn't just graphically awful, the gameplay was bad too. I can't understand how people are ok with a 20 years old gameplay style, I loved it too, but it's time to move on. People are leaving Halo exactly because they're bored playing the same thing for 20 years, making Halo feel like Halo 3 will result in gaining zero new fans and old fans will keep leaving. 343 needs to innovate Halo, not just add one or two useless gimmiks to Halo 3 while dumbing down the good stuff too.
Because it worked. I don't understand why gamers of the last few years obsess over graphics, loot & cosmetics. So the demo didn't look jaw dropping, that's not a bad thing. I for one am tired of the same old crap being done in shooters and games as a whole. Where gameplay is 2nd place and the rest is boring missions, even more boring side missions and a shed load of unlocking skils, weapons, outfits, gadgets and sodding crafting, not to mention "loot everywhere".

a bit of customisation is ok but it's over the top in all games now. filling a game with a zillion unlocks and useless missions makes a game long but for the wrong reasons. yet people lap that crap up like it makes games amazing.

it's why i thought doom eternal was garbage......too many unlocks and other crap. i just wanted to shoot demons like the way doom used to be, before it turned in to just another generic modern shooter. same goes for far cry, ghost recon, rainbow six, quake, wolfenstein etc...all ruined.

That stuff i don't get. /end rant..
This is a good thing. The game just didn’t look ready for release. Like Miyamoto said, “A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.”
Miyamoto said that in a time when updates via internet was not possible. These days you can rush out a crappy game and slowly update it to make it much better. Not a good business model, but still.....

yeah no. MS has had five years to do this. I’m amazed they screwed the pooch on this.
Drahicr The Nokia 3310 is also 20 years old, more or less, it still works great today, but everybody is using smartphones instead. It's because of innovation. For the same reason, you should be able to realize that: "because it worked" is a dumb answer to the question: "how are people ok with a 20 years old gameplay style?". As I said, I love the old Halo games, they work well, but it is not a reason to stop innovation and make Halo Infinite feel like a 20 years old game. It's not a valid justification in the slightest. It is the worst mistake 343 could do. The few remaining old fans will be happy for some days, until they realize they were bored of Halo Infinite before it even released, no new fan at all is going to buy a bad version of an old game they didn't like, Halo Infinite is gonna be dead after a few months. Old Halo fans are the worst thing that could ever happen to this franchise, you're slowly killing the franchise.
Enrico 117 wrote:
Drahicr The Nokia 3310 is also 20 years old, more or less, it still works great today, but everybody is using smartphones instead. It's because of innovation. For the same reason, you should be able to realize that: "because it worked" is a dumb answer to the question: "how are people ok with a 20 years old gameplay style?". As I said, I love the old Halo games, they work well, but it is not a reason to stop innovation and make Halo Infinite feel like a 20 years old game. It's not a valid justification in the slightest. It is the worst mistake 343 could do. The few remaining old fans will be happy for some days, until they realize they were bored of Halo Infinite before it even released, no new fan at all is going to buy a bad version of an old game they didn't like (halo 3), Halo Infinite is gonna be dead after a few months. Old Halo fans are the worst thing that could ever happen to this franchise, you're slowly killing the franchise.
Halo needs a classic atmosphere but a new gameplay. For exemple an halo with halo 5 gameplay and halo 3 mood would be perfect.
Enrico 117 wrote:
Drahicr The Nokia 3310 is also 20 years old, more or less, it still works great today, but everybody is using smartphones instead. It's because of innovation. For the same reason, you should be able to realize that: "because it worked" is a dumb answer to the question: "how are people ok with a 20 years old gameplay style?". As I said, I love the old Halo games, they work well, but it is not a reason to stop innovation and make Halo Infinite feel like a 20 years old game. It's not a valid justification in the slightest. It is the worst mistake 343 could do. The few remaining old fans will be happy for some days, until they realize they were bored of Halo Infinite before it even released, no new fan at all is going to buy a bad version of an old game they didn't like (halo 3), Halo Infinite is gonna be dead after a few months. Old Halo fans are the worst thing that could ever happen to this franchise, you're slowly killing the franchise.
Halo needs a classic atmosphere but a new gameplay. For exemple an halo with halo 5 gameplay and halo 3 mood would be perfect.
I would love that, as I personally play H5 more than H:MCC and I also like the mood of old Halo games.

Regarding the gameplay, there still are hardcore fans who just want the plain old H3. full stop. And I'm afraid H5 doesn't have as many fans. It looks like old fans are dead set on a few specific mechanics, while newer halo fans just want something fresh like the speed and abilities in Halo 5. Here's my opinion: H1, 2 & 3 are tactical, based on position and you could fire while running and jumping, H4 & 5 are more fast-paced. Those are the biggest differences in gameplay, those are the positive things each category of fan likes, usually. I like both kinds of gameplay even though for different reasons. If you play H5 without sprint, shoulder bash, and ground pound while keeping other abilities (thrust, clamber, slide, stabilizers), and increase the speed, you obtain a more tactical game and you keep the gun up while running, while increasing the pace. If you add all the abilities except sprint, shoulder bash, and ground pound, and increase the speed of H3 you obtain the same thing (just increase H3's maps size a bit). I love sprint, but if that's what it takes to make the old fans shut up then I'm ok with removing it, I don't really mind. That would be a good compromise in my mind, still tactical but faster. The alternative is not to find a compromise at all, but to make something different, something new and fresh that Halo desperately needs. Old fans are going away because they're bored, people who didn't like Halo before aren't going to play H:I because it's just like old Halos.

As for the mood, art style, and design, it's even more subjective, but somewhat less important. I think 343 should find a compromise there too, not just go full-on classic graphics and making it look dated to do a favor to the ever-shrinking hardcore fanbase. The graphics should appeal to new fans also, there are many ways to keep the classic Halo mood while making the graphics appealing, 343 completely failed at that.

Halo Infinite and 343 need a lot of time to fix that mess they showed in the demo.
I'm glad now that 343 decided to delay just look at the disaster that mass effect andromeda was. They had it in production for 5 years but it looked like a rushed game. After several patches it's a great game now but its not supported anymore. That was a big name brand and now I think 343 may have dodged a bullet with this decision
The fact that monster is still doing the marketing campaign makes me think it will probably be early 2021 release date. My guess is Q2
The fact that monster is still doing the marketing campaign makes me think it will probably be early 2021 release date. My guess is Q2
I wouldn't read too much into that. It only runs until New Years eve. It's the same as the toys, they already have stock out there that needs to be sold as recalling it would be a bigger issue, also asking retailers to not sell a product they paid for is unlikely. It was obviously to promote the launch of the game so it makes sense that they need to honour codes.
eviltedi wrote:
I wouldn't read too much into that. It only runs until New Years eve. It's the same as the toys, they already have stock out there that needs to be sold as recalling it would be a bigger issue, also asking retailers to not sell a product they paid for is unlikely. It was obviously to promote the launch of the game so it makes sense that they need to honour codes.
I agree its not much to go on, but i doubt they would do it more than a year before launch
Enrico 117 wrote:
Drahicr The Nokia 3310 is also 20 years old, more or less, it still works great today, but everybody is using smartphones instead. It's because of innovation. For the same reason, you should be able to realize that: "because it worked" is a dumb answer to the question: "how are people ok with a 20 years old gameplay style?". As I said, I love the old Halo games, they work well, but it is not a reason to stop innovation and make Halo Infinite feel like a 20 years old game. It's not a valid justification in the slightest. It is the worst mistake 343 could do. The few remaining old fans will be happy for some days, until they realize they were bored of Halo Infinite before it even released, no new fan at all is going to buy a bad version of an old game they didn't like, Halo Infinite is gonna be dead after a few months. Old Halo fans are the worst thing that could ever happen to this franchise, you're slowly killing the franchise.
There's nothing wrong with bringing old stuff back to a game series, whether it's gameplay style, weapons, visual style and so on. In no way at all did the 8 minute demo look like it resembled a 20 year old game (i.e it looked very much like something new). Instead it looked like a throwback to the first halo game but with modern touches. I see no problem with that. If you and others think that's "dumb" then you aren't really halo fans.

You can have both innovation and things that already exist at the same time, the demo proved that. People said it reminded them of halo 1 but most of the comments were from people who think everything should be ultra modern with "amazing" graphics. That my friend is "dumb". It's that's kind of thinking that makes the big name devs churn out copy paste games again and again, calling then "innovative" and "game changing".

Now if they turned out to be just rebooting the original game (which they are not) that would be also dumb, force awakens dumb, but since the demo showed us references to halo 5, the game is a sequel. It's a safe bet the game will offer players something new and dare i say it.....innovative...
Drahicr wrote:
Enrico 117 wrote:
Instead it looked like a throwback to the first halo game but with modern touches. I see no problem with that. If you and others think that's "dumb" then you aren't really halo fans.

How is a player not really a fan if their opinion of the game differs from yours ? I don't like much about the visuals of Halo Infinite at all as things stand, gameplay looked ok but the demo was underwhelming to say the least imo. I'm hopeful the delay gives them the time they need to change things.
Drahicr wrote:
Enrico 117 wrote:
There's nothing wrong with bringing old stuff back to a game series, whether it's gameplay style, weapons, visual style and so on. In no way at all did the 8 minute demo look like it resembled a 20 year old game (i.e it looked very much like something new). Instead it looked like a throwback to the first halo game but with modern touches. I see no problem with that. If you and others think that's "dumb" then you aren't really halo fans.

You can have both innovation and things that already exist at the same time, the demo proved that. People said it reminded them of halo 1 but most of the comments were from people who think everything should be ultra modern with "amazing" graphics. That my friend is "dumb". It's that's kind of thinking that makes the big name devs churn out copy paste games again and again, calling then "innovative" and "game changing".

Now if they turned out to be just rebooting the original game (which they are not) that would be also dumb, force awakens dumb, but since the demo showed us references to halo 5, the game is a sequel. It's a safe bet the game will offer players something new and dare i say it.....innovative...
I didn't realize you could read people's minds ("most of the comments were from people who think everything should be ultra modern with "amazing" graphics"). I didn't talk about graphics at all.

I surely hope the game turns out to be new and innovative, but we can only speak about what was shown. That demo was supposed to be representative of the final product, or something very close to that. I'm not talking about the graphics which, it is prooven, they look worse than Halo 3, but I'm talking about the gameplay. 20 years old games did the same stuff Halo Infinite does in 2020. It would be "modern" if they had a different spin on the only two new features coming to Halo: grappling hook and open world. If you take Halo CE, the grappling hook from the old Bionic Commando, and the open-world from GTA III, you would get a better game than Halo Infinite. The demo didn't even show hints of innovations, never mind proving that old and new can coexist.

The idea that asking for something innovative with better "amazing" graphics makes devs churn out copy paste games, makes me laugh. Asking for a game to be exactly as it was in 2006, instead, isn't "making devs churn out copy paste games", right?

Look, there's a balance between new and old, Halo Infinite's gameplay is a step backward from H5, it gets closer to Halo 3, don't even try to say the graphics are new or modern, the sounds are outdated, the music is a rehashing of the usual tunes, the AI isn't better than the AI in Halo CE, the physics are worse than in Halo 3, I don't even wanna talk about the grappling hook and the open-world, because it is the most basic and boring way I've ever seen those mechanics being implemented in a videogame. Fine, I'll take some of that old stuff gladly, but what, for the love of God, is new in Halo Infinite? Nothing, zero, nisba, nada, null. Absolute void innovation.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 22
  4. 23
  5. 24
  6. 25
  7. ...
  8. 26