3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 26
Pushed to 2021

To be honest I didn’t think it would get delayed, they seemed pretty adamant on the launch date release. Hoping the team stays healthy and safe.

Keep it clean, constructive, and thoughtful of all parties involved. If you're coming into this topic heated take a deep breath before posting! Thank you all :)
I feel really bad for the Xbox, since if it releases without Halo, PS5 will get a lot more console sales. But aside from that, I'm extremely happy and excited for Halo
I'm honestly more excited about the game now. I was deeply disappointed by the trailer and think the delay is great news.

I am also happy that 343 employees don't have to endure a major crunch to push the game for Holiday 2020.

Also, maybe there is still the chance of a public beta!

(Happy Elite Noises)
Does this mean we are not getting the multiplayer reveal anytime soon? :(
Personally I hope that this delay time is filled with more marketing and more teasers, including MP gameplay.
This. If it did launch on time we had what? 2-3 months before release without even seeing multiplayer yet? How in gods name could a beta be beneficial at that point. This ultimately is for the better but damn is it dissapointing.
I'm kind of jaded on the franchise, so this doesn't really affect me much emotionally. Hopefully Infinite's gameplay becomes more modular as a result of the delay. Having sprint as a base mechanic instead of an ability pick up, and a lack of a secondary ability pickup (which thrusters in H5 could be classified as) worries me for Custom Games. I'd argue Reach and H2A have the best Customs as a result of their modularity, and hope that Infinite will follow suit.
As much as I hate saying it, I'm kind of glad they delayed it. That way when they do finally get to release it it won't be a broken mess like some other games. Halo is the best of the best and only deserves the best treatment. Unfortunately, we will have to wait a little longer, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the long run.
Dillman502 wrote:
Honestly, the delay has made me (slightly) more excited. All the PR surrounding this game gave me Halo 5 flashbacks, particularly the way they dodged questions about the game shipping feature complete. Hoping the extra time means they'll release with a full suite of experiences with at least as much variety as Reach had, at launch.
I really hope this is the case. What they displayed at the showcase killed any excitement I had for the game. Probably watched the demo 10 times if not more and each time my heart sank a little bit more. Finally I just resigned myself to the fact that Halo Infinite probably wasn't going to be for me.

The delay is good, but I still have deep reservations about this game and whether or not this team can pull it together. Their track record simply isn't very good. I'll have to see something I find genuinely exciting and breath taking before I get aboard the hype train again.
I'm proud of you, 343.

You were able to not only recognise the game is not ready for release this year, but accept it, and further were able to withstand undoubtedly immense pushback from Microsoft re: releasing at launch. This is the kind of maturity I have been expecting from you and I'm happy that you have reached this stage in your Studio's development.

Take the time you need to ensure a strong foundation and smooth launch for a platform that needs to last 10 years for your plans.
I think a lot of us saw it coming based on what was shown, (or not shown for that matter), at the Showcase. I'm glad they've made the decision to delay the game - more time to let the game "cook" will hopefully result in a better experience!
Probably for the best. It’s just like Bioshock: Infinite, they delayed that game and made it great by the time it finally released.
Axiios wrote:
Much respect to MS & 343 for delaying this game.

You can't sit here & tell me that this game was going to launch in a good state had they opted to launch this holiday. The people who were pleased with the visuals or didn't have a level of genuine concern, simply were not being objective in their assessments. This is a good call.

The visuals (NOT THE ART STYLE) were the tell tale sign, & I am so glad that much of the community & gaming industry criticized what was presented.

Halo as a franchise deserves the best & if delaying the game is what it take to achieve that, so be it.
I agree with you on all points!
Axiios wrote:

You can't sit here & tell me that this game was going to launch in a good state had they opted to launch this holiday. The people who were pleased with the visuals or didn't have a level of genuine concern, simply were not being objective in their assessments. This is a good call.

The visuals (NOT THE ART STYLE) were the tell tale sign, & I am so glad that much of the community & gaming industry criticized what was presented.

Halo as a franchise deserves the best & if delaying the game is what it take to achieve that, so be it.
Agreed except....how blind are they that they couldn't see this in the first place? If what you are saying is correct, and their decision was reactionary... their QA manager needs to be fired. Or they need to turn their monitors up from the 2% brightness resolution so they can actually see like the rest of the world. This is what blows my mind... how did it pass through everyone at 343, but when the community sees it suddenly the light bulb goes off??
I'm glad they're taking the time they need to finish the game, hopefully without forcing developers into crunch. I'm more than happy to wait longer in order to get a more polished game on release. I'm tempering my expectations though, who knows if this means there will be a public flight prior to release, or if this means the game will be "more" complete than it would have been if it were to be released this holiday season.
Since the game got delayed it shows that they've learned that rushing things out never works at first, case in point: Halo 2 Anniversary on MCC PC and also MCC 2014.

As a wise Japanese man said years ago...
Quote:
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." ~ Shigeru Miyamoto.
And my response to that quote; Amen...

I'm actually glad that they are choosing to take their time and fixing it up for the better because of the pandemic among other things that people keep noting about the 8-minute gameplay presentation and also are suggesting things like crazy.

Waiting isn't fun, but patience has its rewards like Zelda BOTW 2 and now Halo Infinite will later on.
Quote:
“Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.” ~ Anonymous.
I am 100% good with the delay. Too many games release too early. Plus I'll have more time to reach SR152.
Honestly this is a great move! With their current track record this is a smart move. We wouldn't want that 10 year plan ruined after the first month.
After learning the demo was 2 weeks old, I thought a delay was a definite possibility, but didn’t think it would happen. But I’m glad they are not rushing it out this fall.

I’m actually relieved, I was afraid Microsoft would force them to release a half-finished product. Now we can look forward to a quality game in 2021.

that said, the Series X has no heavy hitting launch titles now. Guess I can save my money and buy it in 2021 with Infinite.
Can't blame them. I am currently in a work at home situation and it is a bit difficult to get work done on a more deadline approach. I have seen challenges like internet/network being slow, not having the right equipment, not being able to reach someone on a timely manner cause they may be out. Not only that, people deserve vacation time. While I am a bit disappointed, this could be good. They definitely need to use this delay to really push for a much stronger game. I was not for it at first after the gameplay demo, but the fact they haven't been dropping any other big exciting news after the demo was concerning.
Axiios wrote:

Agreed except....how blind are they that they couldn't see this in the first place? If what you are saying is correct, and their decision was reactionary... their QA manager needs to be fired. Or they need to turn their monitors up from the 2% brightness resolution so they can actually see like the rest of the world. This is what blows my mind... how did it pass through everyone at 343, but when the community sees it suddenly the light bulb goes off??
To your point...I'm not sure how they reached the decision to say "This looks great, let's show this as our reveal to the world."

I understand the challenges of Covid & 343 has my sympathy & empathy as well as my respect for navigating through these challenging times.

However, I feel that the game was in development trouble long before Covid, & that was simply the straw that broke the camel's back (what a weird idiom lol)

The game can now have public flights, ray tracing should be in at launch (no reason in Hell it shouldn't be now) & they can take the feedback we've given them & learn from it.
Axiios wrote:

These are all excellent questions!

In previous posts I've mentioned that there are issues at 343i beyond the ones created by the global pandemic.
This is a good thing. The game just didn’t look ready for release. Like Miyamoto said, “A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.”
I’m more disappointed can’t believe they would do this
I’m definitely not buying the new system this year There lucky the multiplayer is free cause I’m not giving them a dime after this garbage
loyal fan since the beginning and they keep finding new ways to screw it up
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 26