4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 26
Axiios wrote:
Axiios wrote:
The game can now have public flights, ray tracing should be in at launch (no reason in Hell it shouldn't be now) & they can take the feedback we've given them & learn from it.
It may make sense to temper these expectations. I doubt the delay is to add more things like flights and features before launch, I imagine 343 is just needing more time to get the base game they want to deliver out.

Basically what I'm recommending is try to expect the same product and features as was planned for release in Holiday 2020.
To clarify: Are you saying that we should temper our expectations towards 2 things that they've already promised would be present in the game?

Ray tracing & Public Flighting...?

I just want to understand how I should be tempering expectations around things that were spoken as such things to be expected.
At this point, I think 343i should just change their name to "Temper Expectations".
Ken2379 wrote:
Pushed to 2021To be honest I didn’t think it would get delayed, they seemed pretty adamant on the launch date release.
I'm surprised too, this is very disheartening.

Starting to think XSX and PS5 may end up being delayed into 2021 now too. Unless Xbox can announce something half decent for launch, it looks like PS5 will have a superior start and I'll have to side with Sony on this one.
If Sony was smart they would release the ps5 this year, while Microsoft is not in a good spot. More people will probably buy the ps5 now and even if halo infinite launched this year in the condition its in. Hopefully infinite is fixed and the multiplayer is classic.
At first I was pretty much " Whaaaaaat!? Noooo, really? "

But logic, reason and perpective saved my thoughts.
Im actually pretty happy. Sure will not be at launch with the XBS as other Halo titles for their respective Xboxes, which in itself is unique, but then again Halo Infinite WILL ( my gut feeling ) be the most unique Halo game ever released.

So its really great to hear 343, take care of each other, care for your employees, improve and keep good communication between not only leaders and employees but us, the fans as well. We are all one helluva family in a way, so to speak.
Rushing out the game is NOT indeed the way to go for long term trust, profit, quality, equality and so on.

So, please take your time folks. Polish as much as possible and cram in any amazing goodeis you might have otherwise put on hold. Because I can wait to early 2021 at least ;)

This was the wisest decicion, if not unexpected.
Keep it up!

Rock on and take care 343
Well on the good side it will give more time to see if the new Xbox series X is worth getting.
Axiios wrote:
Axiios wrote:
The game can now have public flights, ray tracing should be in at launch (no reason in Hell it shouldn't be now) & they can take the feedback we've given them & learn from it.
It may make sense to temper these expectations. I doubt the delay is to add more things like flights and features before launch, I imagine 343 is just needing more time to get the base game they want to deliver out.

Basically what I'm recommending is try to expect the same product and features as was planned for release in Holiday 2020.
To clarify: Are you saying that we should temper our expectations towards 2 things that they've already promised would be present in the game?

I just want to understand how I should be tempering expectations around things that were spoken as such things to be expected.
Ray tracing and public flighting were not going to be in the game at or before launch.
I'm not trying to say anything controversial, just that 343i may not have delayed the launch to add these features but improve upon what they were planning to launch with.

You can set whatever expectations you'd like or think are appropriate for Infinite's launch. I personally tend to err on the side of setting expectations low so that experiences have the opportunity to rise above my expectations and I'll enjoy them.
This sucks cause I was really looking forward to it this year...but I understand why it had to be done. We can’t have another Halo 5 launch. Its just gonna take some time for me to accept this, but I know it’s for the best.

What I’m not thrilled about is how we weren’t gonna get a beta. I’m not convinced COVID played any significant role in this. If the Halo 5 beta was almost 10 months before its actual release, and COVID only started shutting things down in March, aka 6-8 months before release, then exactly what shape was this game in BEFORE the pandemic?

5 years. And yeah, I know some of that was because of Halo Wars 2, and some of it was because of the Slip Space Engine, but come on. All that time between mainline entries and they didn’t even have a beta ready?

We need a beta, and we need it to happen absolutely no less than 6 months before release. If they can’t provide that, then it only confirms the development of this game has truly been the most troubled mess a pessimist could dream of.
Honestly the decision makes perfect sense to me. I'm sure things were slowed down by the current real world situation and people's safety will always be more important than any video game.
Glad they are delaying but worried for the franchise. Covid wasn't impacting business until 2020. What have they been doing for 5 years? How much were they planning to get done in the last 6 months before release, like 50% of the game? Anyway it's a bad sign for the new console. Seeing no reason at all to buy one.
Right I mean if it is released for the one as well might as well not. I had a full hard drive and I got a cheap xbox used. For 5.5 years this open world better be sick.
Axiios wrote:
Axiios wrote:

Ray Tracing and Public Flighting were not going to be in the game at or before launch.
I'm not trying to say anything controversial, just that 343i may not have delayed the launch to add these features but improve upon what they were planning to launch with.

You can set whatever expectations you'd like or think are appropriate for Infinite's launch. I personally tend to err on the side of setting expectations low so that experiences have the opportunity to rise above my expectations and I'll enjoy them.
I feel that you're choosing the narrative that best fits your opinion here.

Ray Tracing is a standard next gen feature that is being touted by XSX as the next leap in visual fidelity. (it should be there at launch not post launch)
We should not have to temper our exceptions for such a feature.

343 is quoted as saying that there would be Public Beta/Flighting for all Halo games (regardless of COVID 19) we should still anticipate a Beta or public flighting of some sort.

Gamers need to stop living in this space of tempered expectations. I hate that term. Halo should always over deliver on the hype never overpromise & underdeliver.
2020 really has got to stop with this kinda stuff 😂

I am glad that 343i is taking the time they need so we don’t get a bad infinite launch because consumers already just have a bad taste left over even from MCC still.

I wonder what the delay is going to be used for tho and how long it will be. If it’s going to be early 2021 the delay might just be increasing fidelity and lighting and optimizing the game. But if it’s later into 2021 I’m wondering if the game is further from being finished than we think and I wonder if it’s going to allow a beta now on a wide scale before release.
Great decision made here, I'm not complaining at all.

Considering what's unfolded this year, this is one of the best outcomes for the game and for the developers. Well done to everyone to made this decision, I'm looking forward to a great game, and not an unfinished one :)
Axiios wrote:
Axiios wrote:
Axiios wrote:

Ray Tracing and Public Flighting were not going to be in the game at or before launch.

Ray Tracing is a standard next gen feature that is being touted by XSX as the next leap in visual fidelity. (it should be there at launch not post launch)

343 is quoted as saying that there would be Public Beta/Flighting for all Halo games (regardless of COVID 19) we should still anticipate a Beta or public flighting of some sort.

Gamers need to stop living in this space of tempered expectations. I hate that term. Halo should always over deliver on the hype never overpromise & underdeliver.
I don't really have a narrative here! I'm offering my thoughts and guidance. Your thoughts and opinions are yours and I fully respect them.
Great decision made here, I'm not complaining at all.

Considering what's unfolded this year, this is one of the best outcomes for the game and for the developers. Well done to everyone to made this decision, I'm looking forward to a great game, and not an unfinished one :)
Yeah I definitely respect the delay, I'm glad they came down on the side of caution to make sure the finished product is more polished.
this is sadly the best decision i heard about Halo since H3... i hope they get their -Yoink- together and actually listened to the feedback beside polishing graphics which im the least concerned about im all about gameplay....
Honestly I can't say I'm surprised at all. That demo looked far from next gen and I think with all the feedback they've been getting from it which has been, let's be honest, mostly negative, I think they realize it too. Also I think the fact that 343 can admit that the game isn't ready is a good thing and something that they should be commended for as admitting that is not an easy thing to do. The last thing they need is another MCC fiasco...

I wonder if this means we will get an actual multiplayer beta now... 🤔 Maybe this winter... Hmm.... I hope so.
Axiios wrote:
Axiios wrote:
Axiios wrote:

I don't really have a narrative here! I'm offering my thoughts and guidance. Your thoughts and opinions are yours and I fully respect them.
I understand, but you're posting links in here as if it verifies your claims as truth.

Both of which are products of the game being rushed & not having enough time for 343 to deliver on what was OBVIOUSLY expected of them.

I could easily find the quote of 343 saying "Every Halo game will have public flighting" I could also find the quote of Phil Spenser talking about every game being "Optimized for series X"

You source your statements & I can source mine, but it doesn't change the reality that the Halo community shouldn't have to lower our standards for this beloved franchise.
knick93 wrote:
Ken2379 wrote:
Pushed to 2021To be honest I didn’t think it would get delayed, they seemed pretty adamant on the launch date release.
I'm surprised too, this is very disheartening.

Starting to think XSX and PS5 may end up being delayed into 2021 now too. Unless Xbox can announce something half decent for launch, it looks like PS5 will have a superior start and I'll have to side with Sony on this one.
If Sony was smart they would release the ps5 this year, while Microsoft is not in a good spot. More people will probably buy the ps5 now and even if halo infinite launched this year in the condition its in. Hopefully infinite is fixed and the multiplayer is classic.
That's assuming people are in the position to drop 500-600 on a console plus another 60 or so for games. Given the current situation and how things are likely to worsen between then and now, I'd suspect sales would be weak anyway. But sure, I'm not a market strategist.
ApacheWR wrote:
Man, this is great for the game.
But this will absolutely -Yoink- the new Xbox. There was already little reason to buy it. Halo available on the Xbox one and PC. All other exclusives coming to PC etc etc
Now the Series X (and S) have little to no reason to be purchased.
I’m an Xbox guy through and through. But damn. They just lost this gen too.
They've lost holiday 2020. Maybe not the generation, if they can recover from this, but all Sony has to do is show a flashy 1st party game (that looks next gen) and they'll clean up.

Its sad because they did it to themselves. Personally, I'm hoping for a Cyberpunk like approach where they polish the living hell out of Infinite until its an actual must play title. But yeah, for this holiday at least, Xbox is kind of screwed.
Gotta put it bluntly. The start of this decade have been wild, chaotic, severe, gut punching and back kicking and so on.
Some say that the virus is no excuse, then again that really depends and can we be so sure unless we ourself who havent been any kind of game dev, step into those shoes?
Im not, but I am understanding of the situation. Again, I shouldnt say much, living in a corner of the north which is like breeze free of viruses because people take responsibility.
The more I think about it, the more surprised I am that they didn’t announce the delay sooner.
Axiios wrote:
Axiios wrote:
Axiios wrote:

They said there would be public flighting years before COVID-19, there is no "regardless of COVID-19" seeing as COVID has single handedly shaken the world.

As far as "overpromise and underdeliver" the problem is gamers nine times out of ten are the people who over generate hype because of their unrealistic expectations. Hence they need to temper expectations rather than try to hold a game to a standard that it never set for itself.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 26