2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 26
If it is necessary then, it’s good decision.
i prefere a good polished but delayed game than a broken one
I ain't even mad, show me a game that hasn't benefited greatly from being delayed, sure it's disappointing but understanding this is necessary to release the game without compromise on it's promised quality, this is good news.
All I will say is it takes a lot of maturity and conviction to internally push for a delay like this. I am sure 343 was under a ton of pressure to keep the target launch date. They had a "come to jesus" moment, made a decision and stood by it despite all the pressure they probably were facing. For that alone, they have my respect (and this is coming from someone who has generally been critical of the Infinite content shared to date).

Separately, this is going to kill the Series X launch. I've bought every Xbox console at launch in the past (aside from skipping the One S). Given my lack of excitement towards other titles slated for release later this year, Infinite's delay is enough for me to wait a bit before buying a Series X. I was already hesitant about doing it given some the notorious problems with previous launch edition consoles (I was one of the many people who had issues down the road with my Scorpio edition Xbox).
Here we go again. Sony will sell now far more PS5. Smart move for Halo and Sony - Bad move for XSX Launch.
This is sort of good news and It was pretty obvious that 343i needed to delay Halo Infinite after the backlash with the Xbox 20/20 event. The game needs a full year or more of extra development time. 343i need to focus on making a fully complete game at launch that will work for physical release with no online only 'feature' restrictions. So I'm not remotely surprised that it's getting delayed.
Glad they are delaying but worried for the franchise. Covid wasn't impacting business until 2020. What have they been doing for 5 years? How much were they planning to get done in the last 6 months before release, like 50% of the game? Anyway it's a bad sign for the new console. Seeing no reason at all to buy one.
Right I mean if it is released for the one as well might as well not. I had a full hard drive and I got a cheap xbox used. For 5.5 years this open world better be sick.
5.5 years? Make it 6!

Seriously though, Who said it was just a few months? Hi for marketing reasons alone might as well come out in fall 2021 mate.
as long as it's not delayed till holiday 2021 as that would suck.
The timetable should have been three years. Then a delay wouldn't have been so bad.

Disagree if you like, but please note whether you actually play halo. Thanks
Ken2379 wrote:
Pushed to 2021To be honest I didn’t think it would get delayed, they seemed pretty adamant on the launch date release.
I'm surprised too, this is very disheartening.

Starting to think XSX and PS5 may end up being delayed into 2021 now too. Unless Xbox can announce something half decent for launch, it looks like PS5 will have a superior start and I'll have to side with Sony on this one.
And if you're not a fan of Spiderman, the XSX will have the better playing multiplatform games, which makes up about 99% of the games available.
CofC wrote:
The timetable should have been three years. Then a delay wouldn't have been so bad.

1. Actually play Halo.

2. 5 year time table is understandable if you're making a new game engine, those things don't pop up over night.
ApacheWR wrote:
Man, this is great for the game.
But this will absolutely -Yoink- the new Xbox. There was already little reason to buy it. Halo available on the Xbox one and PC. All other exclusives coming to PC etc etc
Now the Series X (and S) have little to no reason to be purchased.
I’m an Xbox guy through and through. But damn. They just lost this gen too.
They've lost holiday 2020. Maybe not the generation, if they can recover from this, but all Sony has to do is show a flashy 1st party game (that looks next gen) and they'll clean up.

Its sad because they did it to themselves. Personally, I'm hoping for a Cyberpunk like approach where they polish the living hell out of Infinite until its an actual must play title. But yeah, for this holiday at least, Xbox is kind of screwed.
I just can’t see how Xbox can possibly make up the ground. Ps4 players have little to no reason to jump ship unless the series X and Series S are seriously cheaper than both ps5 models (which the X defo wont be).

I cant see them ever clawing this back.
Correct decision, the game didnt look anywhere near ready for launch this year.

A delay to 2021 will likely be Q2 2021 at the earliest, an overhaul to the graphical engine will be done and is needed.

However, XSX has now lost Holiday 2020, its simply redundant at this point
I ain't mad, Cyberpunk 2077 will undoubtedly keep me busy until next year
going to be a very boring launch for xbox fans....lol.
CofC wrote:

1. Actually play Halo.

2. 5 year time table is understandable if you're making a new game engine, those things don't pop up over night.
Don't think this is just about the engine itself...there are design changes that need to be changed with the character modelling itself before going into the engine. The sad part is some of the designs don't look like it came from a AAA studio and I'm sure there's probably other things that we didn't see that will probably need to be looked into. I've been saying Infinite will need a delay for a while, I wouldn't be surprised if 343i later choose to delay the game till 2022.
ra9088 wrote:

A delay to 2021 will likely be Q2 2021 at the earliest, an overhaul to the graphical engine will be done and is needed.

Agreed. You don't pull a stunt like this just to buy an extra 1-3 months time. At the earliest this is going to be sometime in Q2. They're going to be under a ton of pressure to get it out as soon as possible once next gen consoles launch and MS starts seeing PS5 blowing Series X sales out of the water.

This news alone was enough for me to pass on buying a Series X at launch.
It's absurd that they had 5 years and they needed to still delay it to actually polish and finish it. That said....It absolutely needed it based on what we saw so far. And hey, maybe we'll still get to play it this holiday through a beta or public flight. So yeah, I'm generally positive about it all.
ra9088 wrote:

Couldn’t agree more.

0 reason other than snappier loading times than Xbox One to buy a Series X.

i’m gutted. MCC on PC will have to tie me over.
GP Carry wrote:
All I will say is it takes a lot of maturity and conviction to internally push for a delay like this. I am sure 343 was under a ton of pressure to keep the target launch date. They had a "come to jesus" moment, made a decision and stood by it despite all the pressure they probably were facing. For that alone, they have my respect (and this is coming from someone who has generally been critical of the Infinite content shared to date).

Separately, this is going to kill the Series X launch. I've bought every Xbox console at launch in the past (aside from skipping the One S). Given my lack of excitement towards other titles slated for release later this year, Infinite's delay is enough for me to wait a bit before buying a Series X. I was already hesitant about doing it given some the notorious problems with previous launch edition consoles (I was one of the many people who had issues down the road with my Scorpio edition Xbox).
Usually it’s the publisher which pushes a game back...
Just wanna play that free-to-play multiplayer on XB1. Will do Cyberpunk first then.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 26