Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Describe a game type that you want to see

OP FabesMan

So, if the flood turns out to be part of Halo Infinite's storyline then I have been thinking about how cool it would be to have a game type where spartans are sent on a mission to destroy a proto gravemind that the flood has constructed. Where it has mechanics like invasion from halo reach or it makes you and your squad have to hold down a position and fight through constant hordes of flood and the closer you get to the gravemind the stronger the flood becomes by sending different types of combat forms. Also failure to complete the mission results in the spartans getting infected by the flood which leads to even more consequences since the flood gain knowledge of the UNSC and so on. I don't know how to explain things properly I'm just a gamer who loves halo but this is basically the basis for a flood game type that I'd love to see not to mention I just miss the flood they have always been my favorite enemy to fight. P.S. just throwing this out there but since we are getting halo reach customization wouldn't it be cool if every player gets an AI and we are allowed to customize our own AI such as their color, voice, or what they wear.
FabesMan wrote:
So, if the flood turns out to be part of Halo Infinite's storyline then I have been thinking about how cool it would be to have a game type where spartans are sent on a mission to destroy a proto gravemind that the flood has constructed. Where it has mechanics like invasion from halo reach or it makes you and your squad have to hold down a position and fight through constant hordes of flood and the closer you get to the gravemind the stronger the flood becomes by sending different types of combat forms. Also failure to complete the mission results in the spartans getting infected by the flood which leads to even more consequences since the flood gain knowledge of the UNSC and so on. I don't know how to explain things properly I'm just a gamer who loves halo but this is basically the basis for a flood game type that I'd love to see not to mention I just miss the flood they have always been my favorite enemy to fight. P.S. just throwing this out there but since we are getting halo reach customization wouldn't it be cool if every player gets an AI and we are allowed to customize our own AI such as their color, voice, or what they wear.
They could combine this with Infection. Instead of the players just needing to survive, they have to defeat the Protogravemind. If the Spartans kill the Protogravemind, Spartans win, if all players are infected, Flood win.
Since you mentioned Flood, I simply want Flood rounds in Firefight. Until now, the only way to fight them has been in Campaign and, specific to HW, PvP. Thought your idea seems a lot more fun, OP. Overall, hoping to see enemies who are more fun to fight like they were in the older games.
Parkour. I know it sounds weird but I've always been a big fan of Trick/Jump montages. It was a great way to learn about various jumps that would help in matchmaking. Having a Parkour gametype would be a great way to teach players about various jumps while still competing against one another. I think the most idea gametype would be Race or some type of FFA where the only way you die is by falling off the map.
Okay so taking a few concepts from Invasion (UNSC vs Covenant) Dominion (fortifiable Bases) and Warzone (NPCs with better AI but not the Req system) this is my crazy concept that is nothing more than a pipe dream but a guy can hope.

So you got 8 v8 (at the very least) UNSC vs Covenant where players on the UNSC side are Spartan IIIs and Players on the Covenant side are Elites. The object of the game is to control enough LZ to either upgrade it to tier 4 which launches a super attack (nuke, glassing beam, super carrier landing) or control a significant majority of the LZs and upgraded to close the airspace (building 3 AA superguns that shoots down the opposing team frigate) or you can also classically control all LZs and mop up the rest of the pitiful resistance. NPCs would be in as well with Marines and ODST on the UNSC side and Grunts and Jackals/skirmishers on the Covenant side. You could put in some other mini bosses such as a Spartan 4s (higher shields to compensate) or Brutes (higher health to compensate) to fill in for dropped players, or even some mini bosses such as Hunters or Cyclopes (for UNSC). NPCs would provide a garrison as well as could be recruited by players to form a squad/fireteam/party to go serve as a decent distraction when attacking other bases.

LZs serve as spawn points but instead of just a spawn hive or base players and NPCs spawn inside Drop ships (Pelican for UNSC, Phantom for Covenant) which can also sweep the kill zone to discourage cheap spawn killing but they could also be shot down. A shot down dropship won't kill players but it will kill all NPCs and destroy all vehicles so getting shot down would be an inconvenience for one team and a secondary objective for the other. There would also be other air assets to engage such as Longsword and Seraph Bombers that could be called down as air support or if timed right even as an intercept a drop ship but if an LZ is upgraded enough the AA will provide safe zones from air assets. If you don't want to spawn in an LZ a drop pod can be occasionally selected (ODST pod for Spartans and elite Pds for Elites) to put in some tactical elements. Heck Helljumper ODST and SpecOps Grunts could also be recruited and called down via Drop Pod in an attack on an enemy LZ/base.

So Base progression and development would be the base tiers with 4 being the end goal or getting 3 bases to 3 being a secondary one. Tier 1 is the default LZ which is just a hill/territory at the time that drop ships head to deliver players both PCs and NPCs. Tier 2 is where some light vehicles and structures even some defensive structures and a garrison of NPCs are placed. Tier 3 gets that big AA gun that creates no fly zone as well as flying and heavy vehicles. Tier 4 basically starts the clock till victory in which the other team has to capture the base. When a base is captured it goes back to a tier 2 but will be upgrade to their type of tier 3 and 4 later.

The rest of the map has progression in other places. To keep the game from becoming a vehicle mess there will be a series of caves that are not a natural formation. Sort of like a jungle scene. These areas can be unlocked and will hold things like power ups, weapons caches, teleporters to serve as a short cut to other vital points on the map and other types of rewards but there will be a risk as opening them could activate Sentinels/Prometheans or unlock a hive of Flood. Flood and Forerunners would be on their own team so they will be a neutral party but it played right you can pitch sentinels/Prometheans vs flood or even better against the other team for those glorious 4 way fights.

Well that is my insane idea. Might not happen but it would be great if it could...
Y'know what I want to see? I want to see Spartan Ops make a comeback.
Ever since Halo: Reach I have wanted the Invasion gametype to have space battles but as Invasion is unlikely to return, I would settle for a Conquest mode just like the old Star Wars: Battlefront II.

One team starts off as Covenant on a Covenant Cruiser and the other team starts off as Spartans on a UNSC ship. One team has to defend certain objectives (both in and outside of their respective ships) while the other team has to try and destroy them (one point earned for every objective destroyed). If the attacking team destroys all of the objectives before the time limit ends then they win the round, however, should there still be objectives yet to be destroyed when the time limit ends, the defending team win the round.

Pelicans/Phantoms would act as troop transports (carrying a certain amount of players with one player flying), and, of course, there would be the usual Banshee's and Seraphs for the Covenant and Long/Short/Broadsword fighters for the UNSC.