Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] destructible environments confirmed by Franky mayb

OP xAXIOS

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Here is the original tweet by sneaky Frank.

For those who don’t have Twitter here’s the original tweet
Quote:
Nothing more exciting than seeing the string, "Destructible Fruit" in a progress email. No peach is safe now.
this is all speculation nothing confirmed. Thoughts??

Edit 1: thanks for all the replies, just wanted to shout out 343 for Innovating not imitating. Halo has always been the innovator not the imitator, seems like Halo is going back to the roots.
Yes! I was hoping for a Kinect Fruit Ninja level!

For realsies, though. I am hoping for some realtime bullet and plasma damage in the environment .

Imagine throwing a peach in combat at an enemy and they freak out thinking they have a sticky on them. All their squad makes fun of them, they develop a case of Ligma and their moral and life are ruined.

Congrats! Halsey stealing kids and giving their families a dying clone that eventually breaks their hearts and bankrupts them is no longer the worst person in the Galaxy. You are.
It would be cool if you could Melee some tall trees a couple times and they would fall down on enemies.
SBTTLS wrote:
Yes! I was hoping for a Kinect Fruit Ninja level!

For realsies, though. I am hoping for some realtime bullet and plasma damage in the environment .

Imagine throwing a peach in combat at an enemy and they freak out thinking they have a sticky on them. All their squad makes fun of them, they develop a case of Ligma and their moral and life are ruined.

Congrats! Halsey stealing kids and giving their families a dying clone that eventually breaks their hearts and bankrupts them is no longer the worst person in the Galaxy. You are.

Forget who won the Locke v John battle, who’s better at fruit ninja?? Winner gets the orange justice emote lmao.

Destructible environments were kinda teased in Halo 5 when you have to spartan charge through those wall thingys. Would be nice to be able to take down small walls and stuff now.
Please come to forge as well.
Halo 5: Guardians - "Hunt the Truth"
Halo 6: Infinite - "Hunt the Fruit"
XD
Destructible fruit, huh?

Next they’ll be putting in punchable trees.

Spoiler:
Show
Please come to forge as well.
Yes !!! I would be so disappointed if it didn’t.
Halo 2A MM maps had destructible parts, falling ice, breaking glass in floors. I hope we get not just destructible but moving/changing parts like the gate in Halo 5 MM you can trigger from the controls on the bridge. Be even better if your squad needed to have someone wearing "Engineer" armour before they could open doors, "Wetwork" for sneaking in to bombs, "Operator" to get the best from vehicles etc.
Probably just the codename for their latest goal point.
This will be awesome if this is real! The new engine is really hauling!
I think destructible environments would be great. Imagine if there were a mechanic in the game where a tree for example would fall in a direction depending on where you shoot the tree. You shoot a tree on its left, it fells to the left, and you now have a little cover or something to clamber up onto to get the height advantage on the enemy.
Imagine battlefield level destruction in Halo! That may be too much actually, but it would be cool if you could create new paths on the map via destruction.
StillEuan wrote:
Halo 2A MM maps had destructible parts, falling ice, breaking glass in floors. I hope we get not just destructible but moving/changing parts like the gate in Halo 5 MM you can trigger from the controls on the bridge. Be even better if your squad needed to have someone wearing "Engineer" armour before they could open doors, "Wetwork" for sneaking in to bombs, "Operator" to get the best from vehicles etc.
Even halo 4 DLC has a awesome destructable environment. I forgot which map but you could shoot the button and it would send a electric current on a area depleting everyone’s sheild on that platform.
xAXIOS wrote:
StillEuan wrote:
Even halo 4 DLC has a awesome destructable environment. I forgot which map but you could shoot the button and it would send a electric current on a area depleting everyone’s sheild on that platform.
And we need to be able to operate forklift trucks, cranes etc
I mean, we already had limited destruction in Warzone with being able to break through a wall or barrier so it wouldn't surprise me if they upped it up a notch and expanded on that to more things.
destructible environment is a bit of a stretch at this point, you've always been able to destroy small barriers and things like this and I'd really hate to see fruit become the next cacti debacle
I have waited so long to see some destructible environment or at least more interactive environment, making things feel more alive with dynamic climate and all that stuff. I think if 343 showed how cool the slipspace engine is then it is likely it is possible to do that.
With my horrible driving skills it would be nice when I crash into a tree it might fall down!
I wouldn't mind rolling over an entire forest in a wraith.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2