Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Didact or Warden Eternal?

OP WWelchIII

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Whos the better villian? I' much rather have the didact back than the Warden Eternal! Even though blue team disposed of him in that one comic! 343i made a great deal with Atriox hes a better villian than Jun Madam!

*Edit:
Who's the better Forerunner Boss, Didact or Warden? Yes Atriox is the better Covienant Villian over Jun Madam. This Post wasn't made for the covenant it was made about the Forerunners.
The Warden Eternal isn't even really a character. He shows up with no prior establishment anywhere else and what little we know about him is nebulous at best. He's an obstacle and Cortana's lackey because...reasons (in actuallity she subverts/enslaves him in Dominion Splinter [Tales from Slipspace comic] not made clear in-game. Though the execution wasn't the best, you at least knew where the Didact stood and he could have been improved in a subsequent game.
The Warden Eternal isn't even really a character. He shows up with no prior establishment anywhere else and what little we know about him is nebulous at best. He's an obstacle and Cortana's lackey because...reasons (in actuallity she subverts/enslaves him in Dominion Splinter [Tales from Slipspace comic] not made clear in-game. Though the execution wasn't the best, you at least knew where the Didact stood and he could have been improved in a subsequent game.
Agreed I thought that the didact could of been a great deal they need him back! Keep the Warden Eternal now because hes cannon but he' no where on the same level of awesome as what the didact was!
Neither, 343 needs to move onto another villain, a much better one
If only it were that easy to just "make a better one."

Besides, making something and then dumping it when it isn't immediately popular has been a problem for 343 Industries. You waste the potential of what you put out when you just get rid of it rather than refine and fix it.
WWelchIII wrote:
Whos the better villian? I' much rather have the didact back than the Warden Eternal! Even though blue team disposed of him in that one comic! 343i made a great deal with Atriox hes a better villian than Jun Madam!
Neither for me. Bring Halo back with alien enemies with Atriox and the Banished.
Anyone other than warden. The reused half yoinked fights with him truly embody what was at in w h5.
I liked Didact, too bad all we got from him was an introduction cutscene and a quick time event "boss battle"...
Atriox
kjbart wrote:
WWelchIII wrote:
Neither for me. Bring Halo back with alien enemies with Atriox and the Banished.
Well we will have Atriox for the remains of the Covenant too fight I believe! I was talking more of a leader villian of the Promethians I much rather have the Didact return and the Didact and Cortana control the Warden Eternal as of a mini boss fight! And the flood bosses would be a Gravemind/Keymind!
Both, with the Didact and Cortana possibly trying to bring the Warden to their respective sides due to his combat efficiency, and give the Warden his own motives. Why he wants to defend Cortana or aid the Didact. Gameplay wise, have the Warden appear from time to time, but make him have all these different forms that he switches to in the middle of battle, like the Soul of Cinder in Dark Souls 3.
If only it were that easy to just "make a better one."

Besides, making something and then dumping it when it isn't immediately popular has been a problem for 343 Industries. You waste the potential of what you put out when you just get rid of it rather than refine and fix it.
I agree that's what happend too Thorn from Spartan Ops he was to be on Team Osiris but from the back lash from Halo 4 Thorn was replaced by Buck from ODST! Don't get me wrong what they did bringing buck back was a smart choice. But too thrown away a character and leave his know abouts unknown ticks people off! At least finish what's started don't throw away something that's not done being told!
WWelchIII wrote:
I agree that's what happend too Thorn from Spartan Ops he was to be on Team Osiris but from the back lash from Halo 4 Thorn was replaced by Buck from ODST! Don't get me wrong what they did bringing buck back was a smart choice. But too thrown away a character and leave his know abouts unknown ticks people off! At least finish what's started don't throw away something that's not done being told!
To be fair I believe its mentioned in the one of the sprint epsiodes he was replaced due to scheduling conflicts with the voice actor for thorne not because of his popularity. Which was reassuring to me because I really like thorne.

I strongly agree with A Sangheili's post above, they should both be incorporated. The didact and the warden both have alot of potentially and I found the warden to be intriguing mysterious. They hint at the wardens backstory in halo 5 but never actually devulge much, which is something I hope is covered in the next game. And also brought up in A Sangheili's post he can also have various bodies which gives you quite a few creative possibilities. For the didact I feel like hes yet to be depicted as the amazing warrior and brilliant strategist hes supposed to be, I find his story very compelling I just think they need to cut down on the monologues and show just how badass he can be in game.
Greg Bear's Ur-Didact, before 343 wasted his potential and retconned two of his defining characteristics: 1. would never use a Halo, 2. can't be composed. Even Keith Szarabajka's fantastic voice acting couldn't save him from the 343 writing team. At least he had a few good lines, I suppose.
I though the Didact was brilliant personally. He's more powerful than the Chief and his dialog is very well written and fantastically voiced. He worked very well but I'm guessing people reacted badly to him and that makes it unlikely we'll see him back. A shame. Atriox of course is also very good
The Didact was awesome,even with the little screen time he had in H4.
Don't care that much for the Warden Eternal tbh.
They ruined the Didact with Halo 4, so I'd greatly prefer Atriox and the banished over any of the above.
Here's the thing, Warden will most likely have a fate like the didact and Jul (Still mad at jul death). But in terms of who was a better forerunner (and promethan) l would have to say the Didact. Because you can feel bad for him because he turn evil due to the logic pleage and he could be redemed in the future (if 343i use him which is unlikely).
I honestly don't think many cared for the Warden much.
WWelchIII wrote:
I honestly don't think many cared for the Warden much.
I did. TBH, he struck me as a misguided child, and I felt sorry for him at some points.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2