Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Different Assault Rifle

OP ExcusableSword

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
WillyMcFly wrote:
In one of the pictures of the Master Chief found in the Halo Infinite overview, he can be seen in a control room with an Ma5 on his back that has the design used in Halo Reach
Maybe the pelican escaped reach and was lost in space for years. That could be why there is a old AR.
What about food? You're basically saying that this guy was lost in space for about 7 years in a Pelican.
What if he was in a cyro pod?
Where do you even see a cryo pod in there?
It could have been ejected a long time ago seeing as how he isn't in it or using it.
And the power? And the fact that he grew a beard?
What does that have to do with anything? He could have had a beard before hand.
WillyMcFly wrote:
In one of the pictures of the Master Chief found in the Halo Infinite overview, he can be seen in a control room with an Ma5 on his back that has the design used in Halo Reach
Maybe the pelican escaped reach and was lost in space for years. That could be why there is a old AR.
What about food? You're basically saying that this guy was lost in space for about 7 years in a Pelican.
It could have been ejected a long time ago seeing as how he isn't in it or using it.
The trailer started with him not having a beard...
WillyMcFly wrote:
The trailer started with him not having a beard...
Wait what? Never noticed that. Then again I'm not the kind of person to watch the same trailer more than three times no matter how good it is.
You know, at first I was worried when I saw it because I loved the smooth look of the Halo 3 Assault Rifle (Probably my favorite weapon in the whole series), but, despite having the Halo Reach Assault Rifle, they managed to make it look smoother (at least from what I've seen so far).
I think due to infinite taking place a few years after halo 5, unsc is reverting to some older tech due to lack of supply, just a theory for the design change in it
That wouldn't explain Chief's armor, though, which is a confirmed product of Gen-III. If they're reverting to old tech, Gen-III would be pretty much impossible.
Not in the sense of his armor, the armor would be upgraded to resist possible AI intrusion, as for the weapons, possibly a low supply due to cortana taking over manufacturing planets
The armor being a product of GEN-III basically says that the UNSC can still produce high-quality gear and upgrade it. The armor itself was, and I quote from Halopedia here:
Quote:
On February 10, 2559, four months after the rise of Cortana and the Created, the Materials Group manufactured the [GEN3] armor.[1]
Given how Cortana took over Earth in pretty much a matter of hours, four months are more than enough to cease all manufacturing planets. Let's not forget that she also has aid from numerous other Smart AIs (hundreds as told by Halo 5), further making this conquest easier.
How do you propose the unsc acquiring new weapons?
I don't know, however they can.
I will admit I may have shot myself on the foot there, but my point this stands: if they can produce GEN-III armor, which is infinitely more expensive than any weapon, they certainly can produce these weapons.
4 months is a lot of time to go undetected by cortana but even she doesn't know somethings. It seemed to be a near immediate response if they developed a whole new gen within 4 months. But the armor is expensive and could've taken resource from weapons manufacturers due to scarce resource
WerepyreND wrote:
If it ends up looking something like the Reach AR it will be because they wanted it to look like the Reach AR. There doesn't need to be a lore explanation for every art style change.

Even if we take a lore angle, I feel like folks often forget that Reach was only a prequel to CE by matter of months. Just about everything we saw in Reach would be in use throughout the UNSC. Its not as if every weapon/vehicle in Reach was old or outdated just because it took place before CE. In fact it is likely that Reach would actually have a lot of newer, more effective tech given it was more important militarily than Earth if not as politically important.

Personally though, I kind of hope they keep the Reach inspired design and give it the Halo 5 paint job, like this.
Yeah, the MA37 was still in use by the Army in 2552, almost 150 plus years after it came out. I dont see a reason why it wouldn't still be in use less than a decade later. If it ain't broke after all...
Maybe they needed more guns and someone broke open an old storehouse of rifles from before the Covenant war. Its not like the MA37 was a BAD AR.
Plus, thats just how the UNSC is. They make a weapon system that works and keep with it for CENTURIES often. The M6 line is ANCIENT.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
I think due to infinite taking place a few years after halo 5, unsc is reverting to some older tech due to lack of supply, just a theory for the design change in it
That wouldn't explain Chief's armor, though, which is a confirmed product of Gen-III. If they're reverting to old tech, Gen-III would be pretty much impossible.
Not in the sense of his armor, the armor would be upgraded to resist possible AI intrusion, as for the weapons, possibly a low supply due to cortana taking over manufacturing planets
The armor being a product of GEN-III basically says that the UNSC can still produce high-quality gear and upgrade it. The armor itself was, and I quote from Halopedia here:
Quote:
On February 10, 2559, four months after the rise of Cortana and the Created, the Materials Group manufactured the [GEN3] armor.[1]
Given how Cortana took over Earth in pretty much a matter of hours, four months are more than enough to cease all manufacturing planets. Let's not forget that she also has aid from numerous other Smart AIs (hundreds as told by Halo 5), further making this conquest easier.
How do you propose the unsc acquiring new weapons?
I don't know, however they can.
I will admit I may have shot myself on the foot there, but my point this stands: if they can produce GEN-III armor, which is infinitely more expensive than any weapon, they certainly can produce these weapons.
4 months is a lot of time to go undetected by cortana but even she doesn't know somethings. It seemed to be a near immediate response if they developed a whole new gen within 4 months. But the armor is expensive and could've taken resource from weapons manufacturers due to scarce resource
The aid of hundreds of other AIs means that nowhere which the UNSC had control will be safe. Even the Midnight Facility.
I'd reckon that the Infinity is their factory, or became their factory after Cortana's takeover. After all, the ship is nearly self-sufficient, so it'd make sense if it could manufacture the high-quality weapons and gear as well as the development of the GEN-III platform.
Either way, Cortana could still find use for the UNSC gear left behind, as pretty much every company could be using the latest iterations of UNSC gear, as evidenced by Halo 5, with Liang Dortmund, a mining company dedicated to undo glassing and terraform planets, has M820s, MA5Ds, M6H2s, M57s... you get the picture. If even a mining company has access to this type of equipment, then we could definitely see them in Infinite.
I didn't even notice that. Good eye.
This is one of the few pieces of evidence that the pelican from which this assault rifle came from is from the Spirit of Fire, which is from halo wars 1-2.
This is one of the few pieces of evidence that the pelican from which this assault rifle came from is from the Spirit of Fire, which is from halo wars 1-2.
Not at all. Realistically, he'd be dead way before the opening. Just because there«s new equipment doesn't mean that old equipment is immediately thrown out.
Lastly, according to Halopedia (likely because the info's from the opening itself), the Pelican had the following line written in it's computer in relation to the Halo ring:
Quote:
Local Ref Zeta
This means that the Pelican recognizes which ring it was (as it was visited by the UNSC in 2555, which would be impossible for Pelicans in the Spirit, as they were only informed of the Halos mid campaign.
Not at all. Realistically, he'd be dead way before the opening. Just because there«s new equipment doesn't mean that old equipment is immediately thrown out.
Lastly, according to Halopedia (likely because the info's from the opening itself), the Pelican had the following line written in it's computer in relation to the Halo ring:
Quote:
Local Ref Zeta
This means that the Pelican recognizes which ring it was (as it was visited by the UNSC in 2555, which would be impossible for Pelicans in the Spirit, as they were only informed of the Halos mid campaign.
My bad. Haven't caught up on the info.
Well, he could be from Spirit of Fires crew due to the old UNSC Logo and MA37 model you see the marines using in Halo Wars 2.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2