Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Different HUDs

OP Derrick0222

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
They're should be different HUDs based on what helmet your Spartan is wearing
I like the idea, but a potential problem could come from having a helmet that you like having a HUD that you don’t.

A solution could be to have the HUD as it’s on customisable option. You could unlock new ‘themes’ that chan the colour, design and layout of the HID’s items.
I like the idea, but a potential problem could come from having a helmet that you like having a HUD that you don’t.

A solution could be to have the HUD as it’s on customisable option. You could unlock new ‘themes’ that chan the colour, design and layout of the HID’s items.
Custom HUD set ups would be the way to go. You could move stuff wherever you want.

Custom HUD set ups would be the way to go. You could move stuff wherever you want.
Yeah I agree, having a fully customizable HUD would be the way to go since it would be entirely based on the Player's Preferences & would feel a lot more Personal.

They could have some Preset ones based on Older Halos & Particular Styles like say if someone preferred the one from ODST or Halo 2 but then being able to Customize it even further with the exact positioning of where the Shield Bar, Radar, Weapon Loadout, Grenades, and even the Color of the HUD would be Amazing.
While it would be cool from a style-perspective to have different HUDs, it would actually make more sense for a military to have a standardized system across all Spartan units. Granted you have highly specialized helmets that may require specialized HUDs, but most of them would do fine with the standard layout.

From a developer perspective, that would be a lot of work for something that would ultimately just be cosmetic.
HUDs should be customisable for the vision impaired (including people with colourblindness, narrow vision, shortsightedness, etc.) Video games are the perfect medium for accessability. Many films already do an okay job, but with the interactive nature of gaming, video games could do so much more for people with extra needs. Why not allow everyone to enjoy our favourite games? Build as many accessibility options as possible during development. Include them in marketing, and voila! You have a game that actually demonstrates it cares about the people playing. Specifically regarding the HUD; the size, colour, transparency and position of every element should be fully adjustable. It's as simple as that.
While it would be cool from a style-perspective to have different HUDs, it would actually make more sense for a military to have a standardized system across all Spartan units. Granted you have highly specialized helmets that may require specialized HUDs, but most of them would do fine with the standard layout.

From a developer perspective, that would be a lot of work for something that would ultimately just be cosmetic.
how is this any different than weapon skins?
there had better be a classic style HUD for those of us who actually play Halo and want our grenades and ammo on the top right
Meh? On one level, this kind of thing is cool/fun and adds another level to the customization. On the other hand, it feels like a pretty niche and minimal element of the game to be devoting dev resources to, and you know for a fact ahead of time that competitive purists will hate the idea just because it fundamentally alters how each player interacts with the game. I also dislike the element of it being on a helmet by helmet basis; as Astrogenesis pointed out, that seems like a recipe for thinking you like how a helmet looks only to hate it during gameplay based on its attached HUD.

I can see 343i going for something like Fallout HUD color options, and that'd be a fun way to shake things up a bit from the vanilla baby-blue HUD.

how is this any different than weapon skins?
Well I don't particularly like weapon skins either. Halo's roots are in military science fiction. Adding in fun colors and designs feels like it goes against the spartan (spartan defined as simple and rugged) aesthetic of a military outfit.
I would love having either HUDs tied to specific helmets or even custom HUDs, something I wanted since halo 3. personally, I would say custom HUDs would be a better idea, as some may not like the HUD design that comes with their favorite helmets, and there are people who prefer the plain HUD without the visor lines and would prefer a plain option.

maybe even the option to change the color of the HUD, either by timing it to your visor color or by HUD color selection

A designable HUD would be cool
I remember wanting this for mp helmets when Halo 4 came out, when they had designed chiefs hud to really match the shape of his visor.
Then we got it for campaign in Halo 5 which was great imo. Though still not in mp. They should absolutely have huds adapted to helmets and visor shapes in Infinite, would be awesome.
That would be a nice little detail
While the idea is cool, there is the problem with having a really cool helmet, that has a really crappy HUD. I think that this should be something in options and not be restricted to what helmet you're wearing

they don’t have to go all out, it could just be a few custom options and their you go.

they don’t have to go all out, it could just be a few custom options and their you go.
I'm willing to compromise. If we had like three options each for weapon skins and HUDs, I'd be totally fine with that. So long as they don't break from the original aesthetic of Halo as a military-focused sci-fi shooter. I love the unicorn motif at 343 (and the history behind it)... I don't love seeing seven foot tall murder gods waltzing around with unicorns painted on their guns. It breaks the immersion for me, and I feel like the lack of excitement for 343 era games as compared to previous installments that embraced a more serious aesthetic suggests that I'm not alone in that sentiment.
Well I mean it is a HUD, even if it was Customized or Customizable for the most part you wouldn't be seeing OTHER Player's HUDs since that's their perspective & you would only see it if you were watching them play from their Perspective so I don't see them being as much of a problem if you don't want to see what other Players did to theirs.

I'm willing to compromise. If we had like three options each for weapon skins and HUDs, I'd be totally fine with that. So long as they don't break from the original aesthetic of Halo as a military-focused sci-fi shooter. I love the unicorn motif at 343 (and the history behind it)... I don't love seeing seven foot tall murder gods waltzing around with unicorns painted on their guns. It breaks the immersion for me, and I feel like the lack of excitement for 343 era games as compared to previous installments that embraced a more serious aesthetic suggests that I'm not alone in that sentiment.
But skins aren’t in the campaign...
The HUD as an optional
personalization along site with the helmets would be the ideal
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2