Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Do Not Have Req Packs

OP Ima Gana Killya

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Ok, I have to say I LOVE Halo. I bought an Xbox for Halo CE and Halo 2. I bought Halo 3 before buying a 360. I bought an Xbox One for MCC, and Halo 5. I have played the series since 2004. It is by far my favorite series period and in my opinion, Req packs RUIN the experience of Halo 5. I don't find them enjoyable to open, I don't find the rewards enjoyable, I hate using unlocked weapons in games, and I just have a general distaste for MT's in modern games period.

Please, please, please do not include anyting like Req Packs in Halo Infinite. Not now, nor ever. I have a restored faith in 343 after Halo Wars 2. I thought it was a good game and it proved RTS games are viable on console. I can't tell you how many times I've watched the 2018 and 2019 E3 trailers for Halo Infinite. I almost cried when I watched the 2018 Halo Infinite trailer the first time because it hit every single Halo nerve in my body. When I need a pick-me-up at work, I watch the annoucement trailer for Halo Infinite.

The 2019 trailer is the same way; I loved it. That being said, I have no doubt Halo Infinite will be the greatest Halo game 343 has made yet and possibly, if the cards are played correctly, the best Halo game period. One of those cards however means, no Requisition Packs.
I hear you buddy, but I think it's too much of a cash cow for them to change it. I am not a fan of it either. I would rather them just have a store for the armor if they must have it.
I hear you buddy, but I think it's too much of a cash cow for them to change it. I am not a fan of it either. I would rather them just have a store for the armor if they must have it.
They have said they are not going to do that, but then again that is a standard industry practice, just take a look at the remaster of Crash Team Racing.
Personally hate Req packs too! I’d much rather have it the old way work at a goal too unlock a armor set or unlock it through rank! And as far as firefight goes with reqs just look how awesome reach’s Was and make it similar there is no need to change what people like!
Personally, i hated req packs. Not a fam of loot boxes and microtransactions. It ruined the game a bit and blitz in Halo wars 2 aas awful as well, but it's been confirmed that it won't have loot boxes. Personally i dont want season pass and pre order bonus like what cyberpunk is doing avoiding which is good.
Agreed. I want to be able to work towards unlocking something I actually want rather than opening a pack and hoping I get it which could take one pack or 1000.
In my opinion, REQ packs can stay but as long as they are earned (doing daily challenges, for example). The microtransaction side can stay out of it.
x N7 117 x wrote:
In my opinion, REQ packs can stay but as long as they are earned (doing daily challenges, for example). The microtransaction side can stay out of it.
The main thing I hate about REQ packs is the randomness of them. Even if they are earned, as they currently exist, you have no value in what you get if you earn them and THEN have to hope you get lucky and get what you want. What if you complete a difficult challenge only to get basic items or duplicate items.
Basically

REQ Packs - "What difference does it make, I can no longer command enjoyment, lead players to continue playing."

343 - "Not as you are, but become a skill based system with meaningful, non-duplicating, unique rewards, and you will be set loose upon this game with our blessing."
They have said they are not going to do that, but then again that is a standard industry practice, just take a look at the remaster of Crash Team Racing.
I have not been keeping up with all the news for Infinite, but that's great to hear. Here is hoping they don't back peddle on it.
I agree. They have said no paid loot boxes, either with cash or in game currency. Also, I don't trust them not to add something after launch. That's why I'm not pre ordering these days. I'll wait until after launch when we hopefully know everything.
Well they might not be loot boxes but surprise mechanics.
They aleady said no microtransactions tho
No they didn't. They said no paid loot boxes or req packs. They did not rule out anything else.
eviltedi wrote:
No they didn't. They said no paid loot boxes or req packs. They did not rule out anything else.
Sorry, I was reffering to the paid reqs and stuff, personally im ok as long as microtransactions dont affect gameplay directly, like the req packs do right now
I’d rather Warzone go tbh, as long as everything you can get from Microtransactions can be unlocked normally too. But yes of course if both could go that would be amazing! haha
I like the req pack system. It gives you something to work towards. It's exciting to open up random -Yoink- and check out what you got. And you really don't need to spend any money. You get plenty from just playing and working your way up the ladder. And I love having an inventory of single use weapons to manage and choose from. It's fun to curate.
stukes09 wrote:
I like the req pack system. It gives you something to work towards. It's exciting to open up random s*** and check out what you got. And you really don't need to spend any money. You get plenty from just playing and working your way up the ladder. And I love having an inventory of single use weapons to manage and choose from. It's fun to curate.
I don't mind the REQ system at all.

The most important thing that 343 can do is to stay away from paid map packs. The population divide was brutal in nearly every past Halo game (pre-H5).

REQ > Paid Map Packs - The hate for the REQ packs gets a little overblown by arena players. It quite literally doesn't affect arena players in any way, shape, or form. And I personally have earned enough stuff to play a lot of WZ FF and never run out of vehicles. I only thing I can see the $ side of REQs hurting is competitive WZ players???
J Teeps wrote:
stukes09 wrote:
I like the req pack system. It gives you something to work towards. It's exciting to open up random s*** and check out what you got. And you really don't need to spend any money. You get plenty from just playing and working your way up the ladder. And I love having an inventory of single use weapons to manage and choose from. It's fun to curate.

The most important thing that 343 can do is to stay away from paid map packs. The population divide was brutal in nearly every past Halo game (pre-H5).

REQ > Paid Map Packs - The hate for the REQ packs gets a little overblown by arena players. It quite literally doesn't affect arena players in any way, shape, or form. And I personally have earned enough stuff to play a lot of WZ FF and never run out of vehicles. I only thing I can see the $ side of REQs hurting is competitive WZ players???
The req packs in Halo 5 affect everyone. It's one of the most invasive systems I have come across, you cannot ignore it either as everything is unlocked through the reqs and it's shoved down your throat the moment you boot up. Also it's rng nature means you're not guaranteed to get what you want leading to a grind. I'm very happy that 343i have stated they're not returning, good riddance imo.
J Teeps wrote:
stukes09 wrote:

I couldn't disagree more with that. The REQ system is not enjoyable because everything you get is completely random. The Act Man has a really good video on youtube about how REQ's could be better, but as they are they are meaningless money grabs. If paid map packs allows us to do away with this horrible system, then I'd rather pay for the map packs. At least then I can decide whether or not I want them instead of having a useless grind that feels hollow.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2