OP Ima Gana Killya

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
eviltedi wrote:
J Teeps wrote:
stukes09 wrote:
I like the req pack system. It gives you something to work towards. It's exciting to open up random s*** and check out what you got. And you really don't need to spend any money. You get plenty from just playing and working your way up the ladder. And I love having an inventory of single use weapons to manage and choose from. It's fun to curate.
I don't mind the REQ system at all.

The most important thing that 343 can do is to stay away from paid map packs. The population divide was brutal in nearly every past Halo game (pre-H5).

REQ > Paid Map Packs - The hate for the REQ packs gets a little overblown by arena players. It quite literally doesn't affect arena players in any way, shape, or form. And I personally have earned enough stuff to play a lot of WZ FF and never run out of vehicles. I only thing I can see the $ side of REQs hurting is competitive WZ players???
The req packs in Halo 5 affect everyone. It's one of the most invasive systems I have come across, you cannot ignore it either as everything is unlocked through the reqs and it's shoved down your throat the moment you boot up. Also it's rng nature means you're not guaranteed to get what you want leading to a grind. I'm very happy that 343i have stated they're not returning, good riddance imo.
Where did they state that?
I think it's cool to unlock random stuff and then try it out and learn about it until you unlock the next random thing. It forces you to try a variety of tools, rather than just pick what your good at and never try anything else
Ok, I have to say I LOVE Halo. I bought an Xbox for Halo CE and Halo 2. I bought Halo 3 before buying a 360. I bought an Xbox One for MCC, and Halo 5. I have played the series since 2004. It is by far my favorite series period and in my opinion, Req packs RUIN the experience of Halo 5. I don't find them enjoyable to open, I don't find the rewards enjoyable, I hate using unlocked weapons in games, and I just have a general distaste for MT's in modern games period.
Please, please, please do not include anyting like Req Packs in Halo Infinite. Not now, nor ever. I have a restored faith in 343 after Halo Wars 2. I thought it was a good game and it proved RTS games are viable on console. I can't tell you how many times I've watched the 2018 and 2019 E3 trailers for Halo Infinite. I almost cried when I watched the 2018 Halo Infinite trailer the first time because it hit every single Halo nerve in my body. When I need a pick-me-up at work, I watch the annoucement trailer for Halo Infinite.

The 2019 trailer is the same way; I loved it. That being said, I have no doubt Halo Infinite will be the greatest Halo game 343 has made yet and possibly, if the cards are played correctly, the best Halo game period. One of those cards however means, no Requisition Packs.
1000% agree
eviltedi wrote:
J Teeps wrote:
stukes09 wrote:
I like the req pack system. It gives you something to work towards. It's exciting to open up random s*** and check out what you got. And you really don't need to spend any money. You get plenty from just playing and working your way up the ladder. And I love having an inventory of single use weapons to manage and choose from. It's fun to curate.

The most important thing that 343 can do is to stay away from paid map packs. The population divide was brutal in nearly every past Halo game (pre-H5).

REQ > Paid Map Packs - The hate for the REQ packs gets a little overblown by arena players. It quite literally doesn't affect arena players in any way, shape, or form. And I personally have earned enough stuff to play a lot of WZ FF and never run out of vehicles. I only thing I can see the $ side of REQs hurting is competitive WZ players???
The req packs in Halo 5 affect everyone. It's one of the most invasive systems I have come across, you cannot ignore it either as everything is unlocked through the reqs and it's shoved down your throat the moment you boot up. Also it's rng nature means you're not guaranteed to get what you want leading to a grind. I'm very happy that 343i have stated they're not returning, good riddance imo.
How do REQs affect arena players?

Unless I missed a pack that changes gameplay for arena (very well could have, I took a break for a while). I was under the impression that it is 100% cosmetic.
Well they might not be loot boxes but surprise mechanics.
That's electronic arts, unless they say that Req Packs are not loot Boxes (which they are).

Also I would rather have map packs, with a system to let players join games on maps they haven't bought they just can't host custom games or edit them on forge. You can have systems where those that don't have the map packs does not exclude friends (unless none of them have it. But the map packs didn't divide the community as much as the Warzone/Blitz Req packs have.
343, please don't do this to us again by adding them again. It's just annoying.
J Teeps wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
J Teeps wrote:
stukes09 wrote:

How do REQs affect arena players?

Unless I missed a pack that changes gameplay for arena (very well could have, I took a break for a while). I was under the impression that it is 100% cosmetic.
I just explained how they affect everyone. It does not matter if you're an arena player, warzone or campaign player. Everything is unlocked with reqs, armour, boosters (for arena too), weapons et al. Req packs turned Halo 5 into an rng grind, and I don't support that.

stukes09 wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
J Teeps wrote:
stukes09 wrote:

Where did they state that?
They stated that there will not be paid loot crates either with cash or in game currency in Halo Infinite. Granted there could be free ones but that would be pointless imo.
stukes09 wrote:
I think it's cool to unlock random stuff and then try it out and learn about it until you unlock the next random thing. It forces you to try a variety of tools, rather than just pick what your good at and never try anything else
But it isn't fun unlocking completely random things. I saved up about 20 Gold req packs just to see if I would get anything enjoyable. I unlocked a few new things, but nothing exciting. Even the promotion packs don't get you anything worth valuable. There is literally not difference between openeing a Warzone Victory Pack, a Gold Req Pack, a Silver Req pack, a Promotion Pack, any of it! You get the same stuff every pack. I still open packs that give me stuff that I HAVE ALREADY UNLOCKED! You know how much I hate opening a pack and see a "new" AR only to realize it was one I already had? Weapon skins are always rare because of the amount of other things inside req packs. I rarely seem to get any flying vehicles. I rarely seem to get anything other than the same weapon and vehicles I get with every pack. This is in no way fun or enjoyable and it diminishes the game.
stukes09 wrote:
But it isn't fun unlocking completely random things. I saved up about 20 Gold req packs just to see if I would get anything enjoyable. I unlocked a few new things, but nothing exciting. Even the promotion packs don't get you anything worth valuable. There is literally not difference between openeing a Warzone Victory Pack, a Gold Req Pack, a Silver Req pack, a Promotion Pack, any of it! You get the same stuff every pack. I still open packs that give me stuff that I HAVE ALREADY UNLOCKED! You know how much I hate opening a pack and see a "new" AR only to realize it was one I already had? Weapon skins are always rare because of the amount of other things inside req packs. I rarely seem to get any flying vehicles. I rarely seem to get anything other than the same weapon and vehicles I get with every pack. This is in no way fun or enjoyable and it diminishes the game.
its fun to me. You never unlock the same thing twice, i don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you got an assault rifle with a different attachment and you dont understand what is different abotu it.

As for always "getting the same stuff", I also don't know what youre talking about. I get stuff from all over the weapon and vehicle and boost sandbox. Constant variety.
stukes09 wrote:
stukes09 wrote:
its fun to me. You never unlock the same thing twice, i don't know what you're talking about.
He's talking about duplicates, and everyone will get duplicates to one degree or another, that's how rng loot crates tempt players to use money so they don't have to grind again. It's a terrible system and I'm happy they're going. If 343i keep their word.
I have *never* had duplicate armour, helmet, emblem, or loadout items (weapons, armour mods), or any REQ certifications (so called permanent items)
So what 'duplicates' are you all getting? Have you got all possible REQs and get them duplicated?

I do get a decent range of power weapons, vehicles and boosts and also at least two (non-duplicate) permanent unlocks (i get only Gold packs).

I don't mind REQs as i don't have to pay for them, i'd rather that than have DLCs that i do have to pay for.
vengeant wrote:
I have *never* had duplicate armour, helmet, emblem, or loadout items (weapons, armour mods), or any REQ certifications (so called permanent items)
So what 'duplicates' are you all getting? Have you got all possible REQs and get them duplicated?

I do get a decent range of power weapons, vehicles and boosts and also at least two (non-duplicate) permanent unlocks (i get only Gold packs).

I don't mind REQs as i don't have to pay for them, i'd rather that than have DLCs that i do have to pay for.
I had an AR with ACOG, then ended up "unlocking" an AR with ACOG in a Gold Req. Maybe it was different that the previous AR with ACOG, but the fact is, I couldn't tell you what made it special. I have no idea if it was unique in any way. When I went to my unlocked weapon REQ's, I couldn't pick out the one I had just unlocked. That is a fundamental problem with the current system. Instead of saying, "YEAH! I just got the AR with ACOG!", I said, "oh yay, I unlocked another AR with ACOG...."

Let me say, I'm glad you enjoy the grind of Halo 5 Req packs, but I believe you to be the minority on this issue. I also just want to ask, if REQ's were replaced by something else, would you miss them? Would it ruin the game for you to not contantly have to open REQ packs? Would you miss getting something that you already have 70 of, decide that you want to sell some of them for more REQ points to buy more REQ packs only to realize that you can only sell them 1 at a time and that the fastest way of doing this is through the computer? I would venture to guess, probably not.
Well they might not be loot boxes but surprise mechanics.
That was EA who said that. EA is dumb anyways.
I had an AR with ACOG, then ended up "unlocking" an AR with ACOG in a Gold Req. Maybe it was different that the previous AR with ACOG, but the fact is, I couldn't tell you what made it special. I have no idea if it was unique in any way. When I went to my unlocked weapon REQ's, I couldn't pick out the one I had just unlocked. That is a fundamental problem with the current system. Instead of saying, "YEAH! I just got the AR with ACOG!", I said, "oh yay, I unlocked another AR with ACOG...."
Ah right thanks for explaining ... and i agree, there's no indication of what you just got.

Let me say, I'm glad you enjoy the grind of Halo 5 Req packs, but I believe you to be the minority on this issue. I also just want to ask, if REQ's were replaced by something else, would you miss them? Would it ruin the game for you to not contantly have to open REQ packs? Would you miss getting something that you already have 70 of, decide that you want to sell some of them for more REQ points to buy more REQ packs only to realize that you can only sell them 1 at a time and that the fastest way of doing this is through the computer? I would venture to guess, probably not.
It would depend on what it was replaced with. All games i've played have had some sort of progression on weapons/'armour', but usually it's separated into the likes of barrel, sight etc. in various classes. Halo REQs are their equivalent, except (as you mention) a whole weapon suddenly appears as if it's something completely different.
In other games too, so called 'shortcuts' exist to get the weapons and bits sooner; equivalent of purchasing REQs (except you know what you're buying).

In Halo we get all the maps, which are very often provided as separate DLCs in other games ... and have to be paid for.
There *shall* be some sort of weapon/armour/etc progression in Infinite. Yes, the downside of REQs is their random nature but they're (optionally) free and i'd prefer the optionally free route. I'm not saying REQs are better or worse, i'm just saying i'd rather not have to fork out more if i want to extend play to further maps.

BTW I never build up more than 5-10 of any REQ and usually sell the ones i don't want as soon i get them.
As you say, they keep coming along so why hang on to them?
vengeant wrote:
Ah right thanks for explaining ... and i agree, there's no indication of what you just got.

It would depend on what it was replaced with. All games i've played have had some sort of progression on weapons/'armour', but usually it's separated into the likes of barrel, sight etc. in various classes. Halo REQs are their equivalent, except (as you mention) a whole weapon suddenly appears as if it's something completely different.
In other games too, so called 'shortcuts' exist to get the weapons and bits sooner; equivalent of purchasing REQs (except you know what you're buying).

In Halo we get all the maps, which are very often provided as separate DLCs in other games ... and have to be paid for.
There *shall* be some sort of weapon/armour/etc progression in Infinite. Yes, the downside of REQs is their random nature but they're (optionally) free and i'd prefer the optionally free route. I'm not saying REQs are better or worse, i'm just saying i'd rather not have to fork out more if i want to extend play to further maps.

BTW I never build up more than 5-10 of any REQ and usually sell the ones i don't want as soon i get them.
As you say, they keep coming along so why hang on to them?
I like the progression of Halo Reach the best. I think they nailed it with a thoughtful design and implementation. Of course, I'm not sure how that would work in a MT situation, I guess you can buy armor with in game credits or actual money, but then it sort of defeats the purpose of the progression. Maybe you unlock armor by playing, but if you want specific paint jobs and colors you buy those with money? I stand by I would rather pay for map packs than have an invasive MT system that impedes the game.
I like the progression of Halo Reach the best. I think they nailed it with a thoughtful design and implementation. Of course, I'm not sure how that would work in a MT situation, I guess you can buy armor with in game credits or actual money, but then it sort of defeats the purpose of the progression. Maybe you unlock armor by playing, but if you want specific paint jobs and colors you buy those with money? I stand by I would rather pay for map packs than have an invasive MT system that impedes the game.
Unfortunately, i haven't played Reach MP as such (i may have dipped into Reach FF via Halo CE Anniversary), so can't comment there.

Good suggestiions and you are absolutely right that i am in the minority as regards REQs, in fact i think it may have already been reported elsewhere that that mechanism won't be appearing in Infinite. I just hope its replacement is not something that forces additional payment.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2