Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Do ya'll want Prometheans back?

OP SectionUnity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Any words if there are any Prometheans coming back? I personally liked how they are in Halo 5, glowing parts are their weakness. I just hope there is a bigger variety in them besides one vehicle, five weapons, and four enemies.

If they really are going all out with variety in this game, and the Prometheans do come back, I hope they have fresh variations too..

EDIT:
When I think about Prometheans they are just another faction. They don't necessarily need to be a full 360 design to fight. Halo 3 enemy brutes were just armored then a headshot, nothing unique about them and sentinels can be plasma shutdown. Flood were just a headshot and destroy the body. Plus a few other things.

Its why I bring up and talk about their variety to fight. If they made some real enemy designs besides a flying support and enemy alien dogs (all alien genres seems to like alien dogs), and replace them with unique forerunner enemies, they can be, maybe still not very interesting, but at least more entertaining to fight.

The glowing lights can really revolve around that instead of more enemies dying to headshots.
Honestly not really... I always found fighting the prometheans more of a chore and not near as fun as fighting Covenant and Brutes.
I want more Warden Eternal, and maybe instead of scripting and pacing him throughout the campaign he could appear on a timer like every 3 minutes? That would be tight.
Spoiler:
Show
I would be fine if they didnt have the soldiers and tracking on the weapons
H4 prometheans are a headache, and pretty boring. I thought the H5 improvements to Knights made fighting them way more fun, and I like the art style that goes with them now too. Having the soldiers in there instead of just crawlers for fodder units is nice too. I just wish they weren't invulnerable during their teleports. It should be damage reduction at best and they'd be way more fun to fight.

So overall I do hope they return. Their ranks could be expanded past the small number we have now by teaming sentinels up with them, and bringing back H2's giant sentinels. That would go along with Infinite's approach of modernizing old stuff too >.>
Honestly no, I thought the knights were just annoying and uninteresting. The soldiers are essentially just robo spartans, the watchers and dog things are just pointless. I want the sentinels to return. They would make the most sense as every Halo array/ the Ark has had Sentinels caretaking them. We've only seen prometeans on Requiem.
Unless there is a total redesign to make Prometheans fun to fight, I really hope not. It's a nuisance and a chore to fight them in H4 and H5.
I actually would like to see the Prometheans back. They had a lot of BS mechanics in H4 but I thought they were much improved in H5 with the removal of Knights respawning from Watchers and the Knights having the weak spots to shoot off so a smart people can get a quick headshot kill when they roar from losing a weak spot. Plus I think some of Halo's best campaign moments come from big brawls between you and two different enemy factions so I would be disappointed if there wasn't at least one extra faction, be it The Flood or Prometheans to keep the encounters spicy.
Honestly, no, we've had two games to make them engaging to fight and instead I just find myself disliking the majority, if not every encounter with them, they aren't fun to fight.
Absolutely! There's always ways to tweak them and fix some of their problems/ annoyances. I think Halo 5 did a great job with them and I enjoyed fighting knights and breaking Prometheans parts is actually satisfying. They're not perfect, but I believe 343 is fully capable of improving the enemies AI strategy and variants as a whole to provide more unique encounters instead of cranking their numbers or increasing their health to this false illusion of challenge. It is always better to improve something and make it better than to lazily get rid of it.
No word on them or even their weapons. I wouldn't mind them returning but it seems like 343 is taking the classic route with Halo Infinite's storyline which I'm alright with also.
I hate fighting them, but they have to because the Created are still around in Infinite and they control the Prometheans. It would be unwise to just throw them away
Seeing as this game is a spiritual reboot I’m guessing it’s gonna go back to the good old classic chief fighting brutes and covenant. That’s how I’ve always loved it tbh so I don’t really want to see prometheans return
I don't want them back bug given how they usually get tied into the story I'm sure we'll see them again.
They need to be streamlined better forsure
Honestly no, I thought the knights were just annoying and uninteresting. The soldiers are essentially just robo spartans, the watchers and dog things are just pointless. I want the sentinels to return. They would make the most sense as every Halo array/ the Ark has had Sentinels caretaking them. We've only seen prometeans on Requiem.
Well I mean, describing the Prometheans like that can be said the same as the Covenant. Elites are just alien spartans and Hunters can be sidestepped and autoed in the back. Grunts and Crawlers are just headshot, one can just go on walls.
I kinda don't want them back, but I would be fine if they did. They are pretty annoying to fight, they were better in H5 but I still felt like they were off for me.
They weren't intresting enough. Theyre just like the covies but with different looks and slightly different attacks. It be intresting to see them fight the flood and to see them like the Sentinels where they didn't play an villian role. (They were an enemy but because the character broke containment or tried to destroy halo but they also worked with you)
I want more Warden Eternal, and maybe instead of scripting and pacing him throughout the campaign he could appear on a timer like every 3 minutes? That would be tight.
Spoiler:
Show
I did'nt really need to read the spoiler because the sarcasm is strong here lol. But I agree, I don't need the Prometheans back either, I was never a fan of them tbh.
I don’t really want to fight Sentinels or any such promethean constructs.

I dont ever particularly enjoy it.

Besides they switch alliances every 6 seconds and keeping track isnt hard but you would think they’d be consistent?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3