Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Do you think Halo Infinite should skip last gen?

OP Tofigh 09 TMT

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
Since some new games like Cyberpunk struggle with running on the last gen consoles (Xbox One And PS4), do you think that Halo Infinite should skip xbox one and only be released on Xbox Series X/S and PC?
Yes i agree and think they should push halo infinite to its limits and show off its potential it may also help the sale of the xbox series x
By the time Infinite releases the Xbox Series X and S and the Nvidia 3000 series should be in proper stock. There's really no reason for it to launch on last gen consoles and hardware.
Nah I think if they can at least get it running at 1080p/30fps it's worth keeping it on last gen.
I think it should. But not entirely. I think Xbox One players should be able to at least stream Infinite. But the hardware needs to be taken advantage of on the new SX system even if Infinite was built around the Xbox One.
After seeing Cyberpunk.... Yes, it should skip it. If it was realeasing THIS year then I'd say it needs to release on last gen. But since it is releasing NEXT year when many more people will have the opportunity to get a new console I think it should release no farther back then the "One X". I've become very worried about the state of the game after seeing what happened to Cyberpunk.
Since some new games like Cyberpunk struggle with running on the last gen consoles (Xbox One And PS4), do you think that Halo Infinite should skip xbox one and only be released on Xbox Series X/S and PC?
Absolutely not! Halo infinite is literally an xbox one game. Skipping it would be ridiculous!
A day ago I made a related topic, include a report of Windows Central, discussed on the reddit forum. Here you have it in case you want to complement your opinion:

IS CYBERPUNK AN IMPORTANT NOTICE?
Maybe keep it for the first couple years so that more people can upgrade to next-gen overtime. Then maybe drop support. However, this won’t happen
My Cyberpunk 2077 runs well on my Xbox One S, Halo Infinite can run well too since enough time is being spent on it. Throwing away the last gen option will be a poor move, plus scalpers are a big problem with the newer console release as of right now.
No, just no. There are several Halo fans around the world and they all love the game, but do you think every single one can afford the Xbox Series X/S. of course it might increase the sales for the next gen consoles but it would just make the whole of the community upset.
Maybe keep it for the first couple years so that more people can upgrade to next-gen overtime. Then maybe drop support. However, this won’t happen
Yeek... dropping support for it would not go over well with a lot of people.

Cursed Cyberpunk, now everyone thinks last gen can't work, period.
sniper945 wrote:
Yeek... dropping support for it would not go over well with a lot of people.

Cursed Cyberpunk, now everyone thinks last gen can't work, period.
It was barely working before Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk was just the mail in the coffin for many people.
People should not be looking at cyberpunk as an example. The perfect example would be the first Destiny game.
Halo Infinite is supposed to last 10 years. The first Destiny was supposed to last longer, but they had to make a second one because the first Destiny became outdated way too fast, partly due to being on the old gen. The series x is a bigger jump than the xbox one was. Halo Infinite could be outdated fast if they release it on both platforms. I don't want the forge budget significantly lower, dumber a.i., lower max player count lobbies, and a whole list of other things that could be held back.
With those who can't afford the next gen, it will depreciate in value a lot in 10 years and you should get a chance to play it. Besides the consoles are fairly priced. Sorry if ur poor... Me too, college student with a pizza job. I'll go into debt for Halo though. I just want it tobe the best it can possibly be.
No, skip F2P and skip the "10 year plan" instead. 343 can't even constantly produce solid linear shooters, I don't know where they would get the idea they can pull off something apparently so ambitious that it requires next gen systems to work properly.

They've been working on this game before we the specs were likely even locked on the new systems let alone before they were likely to be released. This game clearly started out as an X1 game first and they should have known their limitations tech wise before they even started development. X1 players shouldn't be screwed over because some people need some prettier graphics to justify their new console purchase. Cancelling the X1 version at this point wouldn't fix anything. Short of starting from scratch and crunching like mad(which would be unjustifiable to be clear) the "damage" from 5 years of development with the X1 in mind will have been done. Whatever limitations might have been imposed on the games design will be carried over into the full game even if you cancel the X1 version.
They've been developing it with the Xbox One in mind for over five years now, which means it was never meant to be a "next gen showcase" type of game. Canceling the old gen version won't improve the new gen version, all it will do is prevent most of the Xbox gamers from playing the game. I don't think it'll require a significant amount of work to create a downgraded version for the old gen (with lower resolution, frame rate, effects, etc).

That being said, I do agree that 343i should prioritize the new gen version and, if the old gen version is consuming too much of their time and resources, it would be a good idea to delay it by a few months and focus on the XSX/PC versions at launch.
Absolutely not! Halo infinite is literally an xbox one game. Skipping it would be ridiculous!
Exactly my thoughts
They've been developing it with the Xbox One in mind for over five years now, which means it was never meant to be a "next gen showcase" type of game. Canceling the old gen version won't improve the new gen version, all it will do is prevent most of the Xbox gamers from playing the game. I don't think it'll require a significant amount of work to create a downgraded version for the old gen (with lower resolution, frame rate, effects, etc).

That being said, I do agree that 343i should prioritize the new gen version and, if the old gen version is consuming too much of their time and resources, it would be a good idea to delay it by a few months and focus on the XSX/PC versions at launch.
Sounda reasonable
No, just no. There are several Halo fans around the world and they all love the game, but do you think every single one can afford the Xbox Series X/S. of course it might increase the sales for the next gen consoles but it would just make the whole of the community upset.
EXACTLY! They've barely recovered from their bad reputation, doing this will for sure be a shot in their own head for them
WerepyreND wrote:
No, skip F2P and skip the "10 year plan" instead. 343 can't even constantly produce solid linear shooters, I don't know where they would get the idea they can pull off something apparently so ambitious that it requires next gen systems to work properly.

They've been working on this game before we the specs were likely even locked on the new systems let alone before they were likely to be released. This game clearly started out as an X1 game first and they should have known their limitations tech
WerepyreND wrote:

They've been working on this game before we the specs were likely even locked on the new systems let alone before they were likely to be released. This game clearly started out as an X1 game first and they should have known their limitations tech wise before they even started development. X1 players shouldn't be screwed over because some people need some prettier graphics to justify their new console purchase. Cancelling the X1 version at this point wouldn't fix anything. Short of starting from scratch and crunching like mad(which would be unjustifiable to be clear) the "damage" from 5 years of development with the X1 in mind will have been done. Whatever limitations might have been imposed on the games design will be carried over into the full game even if you cancel the X1 version.
WerepyreND wrote:

Couldn't have said it better myself tbh, having a 10 year plan isn't just hard and super ambitious, it's stupid! And it doesn't make any sense since even destiny is a multiplayer based gameplay while we all care about the cmapaign and the lore of the game, so 10 years without a new story from chief is DUMB AS HELL
wise before they even started development. X1 players shouldn't be screwed over because some people need some prettier graphics to justify their new console purchase. Cancelling the X1 version at this point wouldn't fix anything. Short of starting from scratch and crunching like mad(which would be unjustifiable to be clear) the "damage" from 5 years of development with the X1 in mind will have been done. Whatever limitations might have been imposed on the games design will be carried over into the full game even if you cancel the X1 version.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9