Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Do you think Halo Infinite should skip last gen?

OP Tofigh 09 TMT

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. ...
  7. 9
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
I would say that it's probably beneficial for 343 Industries if Halo Infinite is available on Xbox One. The main reasoning for this is that it could hurt the average consumer if they are forced to upgrade hardware to frequently like once every 6 years.

In addition to that, the game should be optimized in a such a way so you don't need the most modern hardware in order to become able to run the game. This would also affect a large portion of the PC community if they are just forced to upgrade there PC just to play Halo Infinite.
By the time Halo: Infinite releases the Xbox One will be 8 plus years old.

That is not "once every 6 years"...

There's also the cheaper alternative new gen option. The Xbox Series S. So really there's no excuse.
You must live in a bubble where you think everyone’s financial situation can justify $300-$500+ on a gaming system...whatever those individuals “excuse” is for not upgrading is on them.

The game is coming out on Xbox one...it was limited to what it could do being based off the Xbox one platform to begin with...I can’t believe these two separate threads are still going about the subject.
How is $300 (Xbox Series S) a lot? And how can someone not save up $300 for a new gen console over a period of 7-8 years?

Who are we trying to cater this game to. Fortnite kiddies with no stable income....
1) Each individual’s financial well-being and how money is spent is on them...$300 may not be a lot of money to you but it may be a lot to someone in a a different area.

2) not one person in either thread regarding this topic has been able to address the fact the game was developed off of the Xbox one and why thus it should be cancelled for said version it was developed off of. Literally just arguing for arguings sake.
1) What people can afford when a new generation comes around will always be an issue. This is the first time Sony and Microsoft have not cut off the last gen. It's not a good thing imo. I do like the idea of carrying forward our games, controllers and HDD's, but new tech needs exclusives to sell to certain people.

2) I've stated that I read that this game was initially implicated to be exclusive to Xbox Series S and X. But that Frank O'Conner stated in 2019 that it was being developed for Xbox One. Add to that the comment they made "The Xbox One version won't be 2nd class" and you have to wonder.

I used to think Halo Infinite was initially designed for Xbox One. I changed my mind some time ago, from what I've read I it's my opinion that Halo Infinite was intended for current gen, and last gen was an addition. I could be wrong but that's my belief at this point and it could be why it's delayed.
It’s been highly documented that it was developed off of the xbone and then optimized up for the series S/X.
Got a link for that ? Because what I've found is the opposite. I've read 343i were developing the new engine Slipspace and developing the game for Series X which was a good way off from being announced. Here's just one article, Halo Infinite Series X development.
How many years ago did Halo Infinite begin production? Was there a series x/s available for its development? A little common sense goes a long way.

Frank O’Connor in 2019 during an interview.

Although initially implicated to be exclusive to the Xbox Series X/S, development director Frank O'Connor stated in August 2019 that Infinite was being developed for Xbox One. He said they were "building it so it plays and looks fantastic" on the platform, but would have enhancements when played on Xbox Series X/S.[31]
Yeah that's a quote from Halo Wiki. It's not highly documented proof it was developed on Xbox One. I'm still of the opinion it was developed for Series S/X and scaled down for the Xbox One. Halo Infinite also did not go into development that long ago. I don't need common sense for that, the facts of that are well documented.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
I would say that it's probably beneficial for 343 Industries if Halo Infinite is available on Xbox One. The main reasoning for this is that it could hurt the average consumer if they are forced to upgrade hardware to frequently like once every 6 years.

In addition to that, the game should be optimized in a such a way so you don't need the most modern hardware in order to become able to run the game. This would also affect a large portion of the PC community if they are just forced to upgrade there PC just to play Halo Infinite.

There's also the cheaper alternative new gen option. The Xbox Series S. So really there's no excuse.
You must live in a bubble where you think everyone’s financial situation can justify $300-$500+ on a gaming system...whatever those individuals “excuse” is for not upgrading is on them.

The game is coming out on Xbox one...it was limited to what it could do being based off the Xbox one platform to begin with...I can’t believe these two separate threads are still going about the subject.
How is $300 (Xbox Series S) a lot? And how can someone not save up $300 for a new gen console over a period of 7-8 years?

Who are we trying to cater this game to. Fortnite kiddies with no stable income....
1) Each individual’s financial well-being and how money is spent is on them...$300 may not be a lot of money to you but it may be a lot to someone in a a different area.

2) not one person in either thread regarding this topic has been able to address the fact the game was developed off of the Xbox one and why thus it should be cancelled for said version it was developed off of. Literally just arguing for arguings sake.
1) What people can afford when a new generation comes around will always be an issue. This is the first time Sony and Microsoft have not cut off the last gen. It's not a good thing imo. I do like the idea of carrying forward our games, controllers and HDD's, but new tech needs exclusives to sell to certain people.

2) I've stated that I read that this game was initially implicated to be exclusive to Xbox Series S and X. But that Frank O'Conner stated in 2019 that it was being developed for Xbox One. Add to that the comment they made "The Xbox One version won't be 2nd class" and you have to wonder.

I used to think Halo Infinite was initially designed for Xbox One. I changed my mind some time ago, from what I've read I it's my opinion that Halo Infinite was intended for current gen, and last gen was an addition. I could be wrong but that's my belief at this point and it could be why it's delayed.
It’s been highly documented that it was developed off of the xbone and then optimized up for the series S/X.
Got a link for that ? Because what I've found is the opposite. I've read 343i were developing the new engine Slipspace and developing the game for Series X which was a good way off from being announced. Here's just one article, Halo Infinite Series X development.
How many years ago did Halo Infinite begin production? Was there a series x/s available for its development? A little common sense goes a long way.

Although initially implicated to be exclusive to the Xbox Series X/S, development director Frank O'Connor stated in August 2019 that Infinite was being developed for Xbox One. He said they were "building it so it plays and looks fantastic" on the platform, but would have enhancements when played on Xbox Series X/S.[31]
Yeah that's a quote from Halo Wiki. It's not highly documented proof it was developed on Xbox One. I'm still of the opinion it was developed for Series S/X and scaled down for the Xbox One. Halo Infinite also did not go into development that long ago. I don't need common sense for that, the facts of that are well documented.
Yeah then you go to the actual interview where it was stated...you can lead a horse to water but can’t make him drink.

if it was developed off of the series s/x do you think there would be such an outcry for the cancellation of the Xbox one? Would there be so many threads regarding it? Probably not because the game would be scaled down to the Xbox one if developed off the series x when in fact it is opposite.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

if it was developed off of the series s/x do you think there would be such an outcry for the cancellation of the Xbox one?
Yes, because they said it was coming to Xbox One, of course that's why there's an outcry. I think it was developed initially for Series S/X and they decided to also release it on Xbox One, or they were told to. If it was made for Xbox One I think we would be playing it right now. I think the issue is, it was supposed to be a Series X launch title all along and they're having issues getting it to run on base consoles.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

if it was developed off of the series s/x do you think there would be such an outcry for the cancellation of the Xbox one?
Yes, because they said it was coming to Xbox One, of course that's why there's an outcry. I think it was developed initially for Series S/X and they decided to also release it on Xbox One, or they were told to. If it was made for Xbox One I think we would be playing it right now. I think the issue is, it was supposed to be a Series X launch title all along and they're having issues getting it to run on base consoles.
I think you’re a little late to the party and should read some of the earlier posts (or threads) as to why there is an actual outcry regarding the Xbox one. It was always coming to the Xbox one even though it was heavily marketed for the series X/S and that’s where I think your confusion is coming from. You’re literally the first person I’ve seen that has this theory that it was based and developed off the series s/x.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

I think you’re a little late to the party and should read some of the earlier posts (or threads) as to why there is an actual outcry regarding the Xbox one. It was always coming to the Xbox one even though it was heavily marketed for the series X/S and that’s where I think your confusion is coming from. You’re literally the first person I’ve seen that has this theory that it was based and developed off the series s/x.
I'm not the first person. Read the link I put up earlier. I'm also not late to the party. I used to think it was an Xbox One game too, but you clearly have not read my posts thoroughly, I clearly stated I've changed my opinion from what I've read recently.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

I'm not the first person. Read the link I put up earlier. I'm also not late to the party. I used to think it was an Xbox One game too, but you clearly have not read my posts thoroughly, I clearly stated I've changed my opinion from what I've read recently.
I read your attached article, no where does it state it was developed off the series s/x. Your opinion changing is just that, your opinion changing. Just because your opinion changed does not make something any more or less valid. Like in my opinion it should have been developed off series x/s hardware and then scaled back for the Xbox one...if it was designed that way people wouldn’t care because they’re already getting a game developed off of the latest hardware and optimized fully for it.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

I read your attached article, no where does it state it was developed off the series s/x. Your opinion changing is just that, your opinion changing. Just because your opinion changed does not make something any more or less valid.
You read the linked article but missed the following,

343 Industries began working on a brand new engine, Slipspace, while also developing the game – tentatively known as Halo 6 – for the Xbox Series X, which was a ways off from being announced.Like I said, I think it was developed for Series S/X and getting it to run on base consoles is why it got delayed.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

I read your attached article, no where does it state it was developed off the series s/x. Your opinion changing is just that, your opinion changing. Just because your opinion changed does not make something any more or less valid.

343 Industries began working on a brand new engine, Slipspace, while also developing the game – tentatively known as Halo 6 – for the Xbox Series X, which was a ways off from being announced.
Developing a game for the series x is NOT the same as developing a game OFF OF the hardware...reading comprehension skills muh friends...reading comprehension. The two phrases are not interchangeable since they imply to different things...similar but different.

I never once stated they developed infinite for the xbone...I’ve stated it was developed off of the xbone. I’ve also stated that it should have been developed off of the series x/s and then scaled back to get it running on the xbone.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

343 Industries began working on a brand new engine, Slipspace, while also developing the game – tentatively known as Halo 6 – for the Xbox Series X, which was a ways off from being announced.
Developing a game for the series x is NOT the same as developing a game OFF OF the hardware...reading comprehension skills muh friends...reading comprehension. The two phrases are not interchangeable since they imply to different things...similar but different.
Like I said. I think the game was developed as a Series X exclusive and they decided to release on Xbox One. That explains the long delay too.
most gamers cant afford next gen. i say keep. it'll triple profits because everyone can access it
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

Like I said. I think the game was developed as a Series X exclusive and they decided to release on Xbox One. That explains the long delay too.
That statement goes against their largest marketing agenda of gamepass...you do realize that? Agree to disagree
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

That statement goes against their largest marketing agenda of gamepass...you do realize that? Agree to disagree
Gamepass is another story. I'm talking hardware, eventually there will be games on gamepass that the base consoles won't be able to run. It might be against the marketing agenda, but it's a fact. It will be irrelevant sooner or later. As for Halo Infinite, I think it was designed for Series X and the base console is the issue. The comment "the Xbox One version of Halo Infinite won't be 2nd class" changed my mind. If it was developed for Xbox One there would be no need for that comment and I think we'd be playing it right now imo.
I would make Multiplayer cross-gen and Campaign only next gen,cause they are separated now anyway with Multiplayer being free to play.
Nope, it needs to launch on the Xbox One
Nope, it needs to launch on the Xbox One
Agreed.
i think that it should release on Xbox one, because some people cannot afford a next gen console. i think that everyone in the halo community should be able to play it weather they have next-gen or not
I think it all comes down to whether or not the Series consoles are in abundance when Infinite comes out
I think it all comes down to whether or not the Series consoles are in abundance when Infinite comes out
Even more so population of Xbox users and which consoles they are on. There’s a lot of money that will be made on these microtransactions and even more when the game is fresh out of the box. Limiting who plays it limits the total revenue that can be achieved.
If Infinite comes on last gen Xbox One's and it doesn't run well it will get bad reviews and a lot of people might not buy it then.
It would be easy for me to say yes considering I have the latest console, and I would love to see what it is fully capable of with a Halo title. However, I think that would be putting a dangerous constraint on the potential community. Not a lot of people can afford the latest console, and even some who can aren't able to find one in stock. Sure, it would be cool to see Halo at it's current maximum potential, but it would suffer for a while with a fraction of its full community. Considering the community is much more important than "pushing the limits," I would say no to skipping the previous generation.

Besides, 343 is not facing the same development hurdles that CD Projector-whatever was dealing with. Yes, the development is not as smooth as they wanted it to be, but Halo Infinite was being designed from the start to work with last and next generation consoles. Cyberpunk kind of threw it in last second and didn't adapt it to the new tech properly.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. ...
  7. 9