Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Do you think Halo Infinite will be good?

OP DivantePlaysXBL

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I haven't posted here in a while...

Do you think Halo Infinite will be good, will it be the best game in the series? What do you hope is in the game? I enjoyed the gameplay reveal a lot but the engine seems to be a major issue I'm worried about as there was some really ugly textures and some pop in. Yes it's supposedly an early build they showed but I'm not sure why they did that since they have been working on this for 5 years and it was Xbox's big moment to show off the game.

Ignoring that, I hope 343 knocks it out of the park with this game and I hope it's the best Halo since Halo 3.
I haven't posted here in a while...Do you think Halo Infinite will be good, will it be the best game in the series? What do you hope is in the game? I enjoyed the gameplay reveal a lot but the engine seems to be a major issue I'm worried about as there was some really ugly textures and some pop in. Yes it's supposedly an early build they showed but I'm not sure why they did that since they have been working on this for 5 years and it was Xbox's big moment to show off the game.

Ignoring that, I hope 343 knocks it out of the park with this game and I hope it's the best Halo since Halo 3.
More likely than not, the demo was filmed BEFORE the pandemic started, which would explain the lack of touch-up. Halo 3 and 4 did the same thing, so I think folks honestly need to RELAX and wait for the final game before crying doom and gloom.

That being said? Yes, I think it will be VERY good! The amount of freedom we'll have in this game is crazy!
As soon as they showed the teaser 2 years ago and said it was "returning to a classic style due to popular demand" I knew it would be corporate design-by-committee trash.
I'm hoping it will be a great game and the gameplay reveal has seemed to ease nervousness and concern, I really don't mind the graphics I like the stylized choice to be honest more than photo realistic since that might help it age better. I do hope the old firefight makes a comeback like Halo 3 odst firefight and hopefully forge will be in Halo infinite, I hope it's gonna be a great game for the sake of Halo's community because if it does go bad it's the third strike but I have a feeling it's going to do great.
Of course it will be good. I always have high hopes for upcoming Halo titles and they never dissappointed me.
I think it will have a rough start like halo 5, but the campaign will be really fun and that multiplayer will have no identity and have constant changes.
I honestly think Infinite is going to be a high contender for GotY from what I saw. Based on 2 things mainly.

1) The only major issue I see anyone seems to have is with the graphics. There's another year worth of dev time between what we saw and launch, so I don't get why everyone is so concerned about this. that's a long time in software development. It's half a CoD dev cycle for gosh sakes...

2) No one is discussing the things it looks like the engine is capable of pulling off, which I think is going to genuinely blow people away. Maybe there isn't enough technical knowledge in the main conversation drivers out there to appreciate what the demo showed off. For example, it looks to me like there will be no load screens at all in Infinite. There was no loading between thr menu and the cut scene, the cut scene and the gameplay, or thr gameplay and thr end cut scene. Xbox exec's have repeatedly said they expect load screens to disappear on the next gen as well.

There are a ton of other technical implications that aren't being discussed anywhere. That's just one example.
I have never played a halo game I didn't think was good. Halo infinite will likely be a LOT better than halo 4 and 5. The only worry I have about the game is the magnum. WHERE IS MY HAND CANNON?
No matter how many discussions there are between classic and modern Halo, all Halos have ALWAYS been great games. And what has been shown so far (except for the graphics theme) indicates that they are on the same path as making another great Halo game.
I personally suspect the multiplayer to be one of the best in the series. With Halo 5's Forge lead taking over the reigns on the entire multiplayer suite, I have high hopes. Especially for Forge.
Yes, yes I do. Even with all the worries and certain questinable aspect. I do think so.
I will rest completely as theres lore and canon explanations to things, fixing loose ends, flesh out, correct, add varity and improve upon what we all have with past games.
Oh, and make the game suited for darker tones, atmosphere and gore, aka with the FLood in Halo 3 and Halo Wars 2. With that I mean, some drama, some loss and the dread of the Flood threat.

If they dont appear at all I will be shocked, almost too shocked for words, not least very disappointed. Becasue we have ENOUGH tech/ a. i factions now.
Banished, UNSC, Created, ( Harbinger(s). We need the Flood to be the mostly pure biological one breaking the "mold" so to speak.

We are on THE Flood based halor ring after all, Zeta halo. It all points too it, wish 343 could clarify so I can rest assured.
I think its gonna be fine.
Its Halo I'm sure it will leave its mark.
I haven't posted here in a while...Do you think Halo Infinite will be good, will it be the best game in the series? What do you hope is in the game? I enjoyed the gameplay reveal a lot but the engine seems to be a major issue I'm worried about as there was some really ugly textures and some pop in. Yes it's supposedly an early build they showed but I'm not sure why they did that since they have been working on this for 5 years and it was Xbox's big moment to show off the game.

Yes.

I think if if they did a Gears 5 style campaign with those sprawling open world areas in between more cinematic missions then it will be great. I shouldn’t be able to clock a Halo game in four hours on any difficulty. Big issue I had with Halo 5 where, for example, a lot of the in game dialogue required you to stay in a single area in order to trigger. So you were missing out on the story rather than these occur naturally in a bigger open world game. I think that decision matters a lot.

The Gears 5 demo had poor textures. They sorted that for launch. It’s odd that they didn’t ala Halo 5 go turbo on a small section of the game weeks before E3. I’d be more concerned about if that indicates Covid has impacted development. Of course they can texture a brutes face. I am not concerned about it.

Regards the story. No idea. I do not know enough yet.

With the multiplayer I’d like them to bring back the large map modes. Just less garages and UNSC industrial locations. I can play arena but I’ve always preferred the Battlefield approach of making maps feel like you’re in a campaign level and being very immersive. I know, red vs blue is sacred. But still.
I honestly think Infinite is going to be a high contender for GotY from what I saw. Based on 2 things mainly.

1) The only major issue I see anyone seems to have is with the graphics. There's another year worth of dev time between what we saw and launch, so I don't get why everyone is so concerned about this. that's a long time in software development. It's half a CoD dev cycle for gosh sakes...

2) No one is discussing the things it looks like the engine is capable of pulling off, which I think is going to genuinely blow people away. Maybe there isn't enough technical knowledge in the main conversation drivers out there to appreciate what the demo showed off. For example, it looks to me like there will be no load screens at all in Infinite. There was no loading between thr menu and the cut scene, the cut scene and the gameplay, or thr gameplay and thr end cut scene. Xbox exec's have repeatedly said they expect load screens to disappear on the next gen as well. There are a ton of other technical implications that aren't being discussed anywhere. That's just one example.
"No load screens" that right there is impressive. Little details like that can be explained at E3, not just in a gameplay demo. Not having E3 negatively affected this for sure.
Unless they do something that blows new AND old fans away in MP, from what I saw, I think Halo infinite will sell and be a bit more popular then 5 and that's it. This will be because it launches on gamepass day one and it's also on PC now so you have more of an audience which should lead to more sales and people playing.

To me 343I have show me nothing that tells me they are trying to bring all the fans together. There's no compromise so far what I've seen in Halo Infinite. They're just telling a good chuck of there fan base once again that they don't care about them.
Yes.
I have never played a halo game I didn't think was good. Halo infinite will likely be a LOT better than halo 4 and 5. The only worry I have about the game is the magnum. WHERE IS MY HAND CANNON?
Bruh im with you 100% on this
Bruh im with you 100% on this
it doesn't even look remotely close to what it's supposed to. No hand-guard, no extension on the back, no smart-cam on the front. Hopefully this is just a different version meant to be a light sidearm, rather than the only UNSC pistol. Then they could add the regular magnum with the scope for some variety.
halo 4 and 5 weren't that bad...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3