Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Do you think Halo Infinite will be the best Halo?

OP AppearedCoast41

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
So does anyone think Halo infinite will have the story or multiplayer? Or be the best selling Halo ever made? But that could change we'll have to see, I guess.
I don't think it's possible to judge whether or not Infinite will be the best ever for any category until the game is released or, at the very least, a demo is showcased. But, based on the footage and commentary we have so far, there is good reason to be hyped for Infinite.
Doubt it. Halo 2 and Halo 3 will always be the best. 343i hasn't put out a single good Halo game at all so I'm still very skeptical about Halo Infinite. Before you can really form an accurate opinion about whether a game is good or not you have to see gameplay first which we haven't seen yet.
tuhin94 wrote:
I don't think it's possible to judge whether or not Infinite will be the best ever for any category until the game is released or, at the very least, a demo is showcased. But, based on the footage and commentary we have so far, there is good reason to be hyped for Infinite.
Totally agree. We have reason for some cautious hype imo. But far to early to be talking best Halo.
I hope it will be, who wouldn't want a great game? I just dont expect it to be, high expectations just have the possibility of creating impossible scenario.

Microtransactions could turn out to be a real offput, depending on how they are executed. No loot boxes for sure but other invasive methods can be a nuisance too, like highlighted store buttons on the menu or adverts when pressing start when firing up the game. Those things just pile up & have become a little bit too standard in modern games.
It's hard to compete with nostalgia. For many, no game can compete with those early days, there are just too many associated memories. It's a similar thing with other game series. Nintendo can release the best Zelda ever (some would argue that they did with BotW) but for the older gamers Ocarina can never be beaten. Same thing with Infinite.
Having said that I am certain that this game is going to be right up there with the best! Everything so far has been absolutely right in my eyes :D
Im mixed though due to Infinite running on a new engine. If Infinite wants to be the best halo game ever, it needs to be like halo 2/3 but better with new things but keep the old things from halo 2/3 as well, That's how sequals work but like keep few ideas from halo 5 like forge.

Halo 4/5 didn't feel like a sequal since it removed some things like dual wielding, some vehicles and weapons.
After H4/5 it's hard for me to even entertain the idea of Infinite being the best all around Halo game. On the other hand new leads = new potential, so while I think it's a stretch to think itll be the best especially with the little that's been shown so far, I think it has a good chance of at least being the best 343i Halo game. That's what my gut is telling me, but again, they have shown so little it's way too early to be thinking things like could this be the best Halo yet, it's easy to show all the positive stuff first. I'm sure in 343i fashion there will be several aspects of the game that will be deal breakers for some
AMA4N wrote:
Im mixed though due to Infinite running on a new engine. If Infinite wants to be the best halo game ever, it needs to be like halo 2/3 but better with new things but keep the old things from halo 2/3 as well, That's how sequals work but like keep few ideas from halo 5 like forge.

Halo 4/5 didn't feel like a sequal since it removed some things like dual wielding, some vehicles and weapons.
Just a bit offroad here but earliest removal of dual wielding was with Halo 3 needler and firat total removal of dual wielding was in Halo 3: ODST which continued to Halo Reach.

Unless you meant the first dual wielding removal from SPARTAN II/Master Chief, with the exception of the needler H4 would be the case.
When it comes to best: I find it highly unlikely that Halo Infinite would have my favorite campaign or multiplayer. As for highest selling? I find it unlikely, but slightly less so than being the best, because it will be the first multiplatform Halo, which gives it an advantage over all prior games.
Certainly has the potential to be. With the amount of feedback 343 have taken in, this could be a good game. They had an awesome campaign in Halo 4 and a great multiplayer in Halo 5, just need to combine that together. With classic art style, great music, a good story, and other little things, it may be the best Halo since 2007. Here’s to hoping
So does anyone think Halo infinite will have the story or multiplayer? Or be the best selling Halo ever made? But that could change we'll have to see, I guess.
Its hard to say! In order for m to mkae this the best Halo they will have to beat H3 and thats a very high standard to beat if you ask me. ONly because H3 was my faviourite Halo of all time.
We cannot make a judgement until the game comes out for us to play however looking at the trailer it looks great.
Maybe, maybe not. Here's the problem....Nostalgia for me will always put Halo 1-3 at the top but 343i could surprise me and finally make a main Halo game that I will enjoy so I'm going to wait, see before judging.
I think it's pretty unlikely we'll ever see Halo go back to being a cultural phenomenon again as in the Halo 3 days... when even people who don't like or play video games, knew what "Halo" was. Like Fortnite is now. I hope I'm wrong. So, if that's the definition of "best Halo", no.

I do think it has an excellent chance of being very good. Like, good enough to claim the top spot on the XBL most played list and hold a top 5 spot for years, if they play their cards right.
tsassi wrote:
When it comes to best: I find it highly unlikely that Halo Infinite would have my favorite campaign or multiplayer. As for highest selling? I find it unlikely, but slightly less so than being the best, because it will be the first multiplatform Halo, which gives it an advantage over all prior games.
Actually Halo CE and Halo 2 were multiplatform since they were on PC.
One could hope.

Although, Halo CE might forever hold the mantle, since it is what started a series.
I couldn’t give a guess until we see actual gameplay footage. Until then there’s no telling which way it’s going to go
No way to know, but I certainly hope it is. Can you imagine being able to say that after all the Halo games we've gotten to play?
I'm waiting for the first gameplay but honestly i'm very hyped already
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4