Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Do you think Halo Infinite will be the best Halo?

OP AppearedCoast41

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Doubt it. Halo 2 and Halo 3 will always be the best. 343i hasn't put out a single good Halo game at all so I'm still very skeptical about Halo Infinite. Before you can really form an accurate opinion about whether a game is good or not you have to see gameplay first which we haven't seen yet.
I’d have to disagree, Halo Wars 2 was a very good game.
Gee, I sure hope so.
If Halo 5 is an indication of the way the franchise is going, then no. Not a chance.
I think it will be the best, next to Halo 3. 343 knows that players hate Halo 5, and probably will go to great lengths to change their story. Like they said, 343 is going back to the Halo roots.
All this being an assuption, of course.
But 343 did a great job in their trailers. So it just might be epic.
#Can'tWaitForInfinite
I doubt it. They have to resolve a lot of stuff in infinite that many people didn't like from 4 and 5. I found Halo 4 to be mostly enjoyable. Mostly. Halo 5 was not very good IMO. I liked the player mechanics, Buck, the SMG and the new Monitor. Not much else though.
I don't like the Promethean enemies from either game, but I think the Knights were worse in 4. Most people I know who play Halo were not fans of them either.
I hope it's great. Reach was a pleasant surprise for me, so maybe Infinite will be as well. My guess is it will be a good course correct for the series, but unfortunately won't be able to ditch the aspects of the previous 2 games that many of us didn't like right away. I realize that they cannot just ditch them and there needs to be a resolution.
The best halo title is within halo 3 and reach. Being dissapointed from halo 4 and halo 5 ,fan have moved on. Some of them are not interested in halo . Halo franchise have lost their fans . Similar case was with crysis
I think Halo Infinite will get a Steaktacular
The best halo title is within halo 3 and reach. Being dissapointed from halo 4 and halo 5 ,fan have moved on. Some of them are not interested in halo . Halo franchise have lost their fans . Similar case was with crysis
That's a matter of opinion. I do not look at Halo 3 or Reach as the best, in fact, it's my opinion Halo 3 was a poor example of classic Halo, and the FoV made it worse by making you feel like you were moving slow. As for Halo Infinite being the best Halo ? It's too early to say imo.
I have no doubt that this will be the best Halo video game 343 has ever made. I'm greatly looking forward to it.

Depending on the decisions made in the next few months from 343 and Microsoft Studio's about how the MT's will work and what effect they have, the direction of the story and how they write it, how engaging the dialog is, and how the needed exposition is passed to the player; this could be the greatest Halo game ever made. I hope that Halo 5 was a wake up call to the team at 343 on the writing and how they tell the story. Show us devastation, don't tell us about it. Provide us in the gameplay background instead of explain it. Allow us to discover what happened as opposed to just inform us about what happened. Reveal gradually the elements of the story through cutscenes not while we are shooting and trying to listen to some character spew exposition that we would probably miss.

That is what I'm looking for in Halo Infinite and those elements will make Infinite the best Halo game of all time if done correctly.
If it will be anywhere near the 2008 hype level, it will be one of the greats.
Halo Wars 2 was not made by 343i, it's a Creative Assembly game through and true.
So does anyone think Halo infinite will have the story or multiplayer? Or be the best selling Halo ever made? But that could change we'll have to see, I guess.
Gotta be optimistic and hope for the best! I'm eager and excited for Halo Infinite!
Halo Wars 2 was not made by 343i, it's a Creative Assembly game through and true.
You cant compare a strategy game with a fps game. Though its story can be good
You cant compare a strategy game with a fps game. Though its story can be good
Nobody did compare anything? But yeah: different genres can't be directly compared for the most part. I would agree with that.
While I am intrigued and will check it out, Halo CE will never be surpassed. Hopefully 343 spends more effort on the story than the multiplayer (I'm of the opinion that the focus the Halo franchise has put towards multiplayer is a mistake as much as I have enjoyed it), if we could get a story mode that expands far beyond the traditional 8-12 hour campaign that every Halo has into something that would be a nice change. Halo has so much more potential that what it has been given since the original.
My fingers are crossed but I'm certainly not pre-ordering anything from 343i.
Yup I am one of those fans. After the Req pack I have refused to touch a halo game with the req system and have avoided most of 343 games. The MCC to PC port and inclusion of Reach has brought me back but I am starting to get my skepticism back. As with any new title there is a lot of potential that the prior titles clearly has been all but spent. Some people claimed that Bungie ruined the franchise with Reach, I simply find that to be absurd as with each Halo title Bungie made they added more and mroe features to the next game. Say what you want but Halo Reach had way more content and features than Halo 3.

The biggest constraint with Halo Infinite is 343i, they don't have a good track record with handling the franchise and with what we know about Halo Infinite is practically nothing after two trailers except for a tentative release time frame. I don't want to call this 343i's Anthem as everything is riding on this title, but we could see some real shakeups if this game does not perform well, could even see the restructuring process outsource development of all future game in the franchise out to other 3rd party studios (which are still owned by Microsoft). To be honest so far the best 343i has done is re-release the games that Bungie has made and that isn't a high point considering the condition at launch in which the older games were simply better than the remasters at launch until 343i went back to them and fix them.

So TL:DR it is still too soon to say, Bungie left the bar real high after Reach and 343i has yet to prove that they are capable of reaching that bar. As for the game there is barely any information out there to come up with a decent prediction. Pragmatically there is nothing to go by other than just a little faith.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Bonnie Ross realizes that Halo 4 hit on story and Halo 5 with MP. So, if they are combining both into Infinite (which so far that trailer indicates story looks promising) it could very well be a “best Halo” for some.

Nostalgia is a very power thing and Halo 2 will forever remain my best Halo. However, I want Halo: Infinite to challenge that!
Given 343's track record, and especially Halo 5's terrible 'story'... not a chance.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4