Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Do you think Halo Infinite will be the best Halo?

OP AppearedCoast41

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Doubt it. Halo 2 and Halo 3 will always be the best. 343i hasn't put out a single good Halo game at all so I'm still very skeptical about Halo Infinite. Before you can really form an accurate opinion about whether a game is good or not you have to see gameplay first which we haven't seen yet.
I’d have to disagree, Halo Wars 2 was a very good game.
Halo Wars 2 is an RTS, though. I'm talking about the shooter games.
Without any gameplay being shown in any trailers so far and no major plot details revealed, I have no reason to believe that Infinite will be either good, bad or average. We have virtually no information to go off of.
Legitsky wrote:
Without any gameplay being shown in any trailers so far and no major plot details revealed, I have no reason to believe that Infinite will be either good, bad or average. We have virtually no information to go off of.
Exactly. I'm really keeping the hype in check, as you stated we have had nothing. We'll only know if it's the best Halo if we buy and play it. It's too early for anything, other than speculation.
How can we tell based upon just a trailer and 343i's track record with H4/5? Besides: 'the best' is subjective as hell. I happen to think H2 was the best and H3 was one of my least favorites (too MLG-y multi and campaign was a huge let down), the next guy will disagree with that completely. To be honest, I don't even care. As long as Infinite is about as good as Reach I'd be more than content!
DonVinzone wrote:
How can we tell based upon just a trailer and 343i's track record with H4/5? Besides: 'the best' is subjective as hell. I happen to think H2 was the best and H3 was one of my least favorites (too MLG-y multi and campaign was a huge let down), the next guy will disagree with that completely. To be honest, I don't even care. As long as Infinite is about as good as Reach I'd be more than content!
Halo have lost their die hard fan..just like crysis . ea delivered a fabulous game:crysis 1. They again did but the gameplay was the worst in crysis 2. Fan disliked crysis 2. Ea rectified their mistake in crysis 3 and it was the best in the series ,but it was too late for them . fan had moved on . this is the same case going on with halo infinite
The game isn't coming out until the end of next year, and all we have to go off of currently are a cinematic teaser, a cutscene, and things that 343 Industries employees have said about the direction they want to take the game in. Halo Infinite has the potential to be something special based on those three things, but potential and execution are two very different things, and we've yet to see the execution. You'd be better off not assuming anything until the day comes where you can play it.
DonVinzone wrote:
Halo have lost their die hard fan..just like crysis . ea delivered a fabulous game:crysis 1. They again did but the gameplay was the worst in crysis 2. Fan disliked crysis 2. Ea rectified their mistake in crysis 3 and it was the bugs st in the series ,but it was too late for them . fan had moved on . this is the same case going on with halo infinite
Crysis never had the cultural impact as Halo though. I think more people are willing to return to Halo if 343i does something great with it (and if MS prices the next Xbox wisely + has other mainstream appealing games) than they are to return to Crysis.
eviltedi wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
Exactly. I'm really keeping the hype in check, as you stated we have had nothing. We'll only know if it's the best Halo if we buy and play it. It's too early for anything, other than speculation.
This is how I feel as well. Yes I'm looking forward to a new Halo game, but I always look forward to one, but that doesn't mean I'll love it unfortunately 😔

Until I see multiplayer gameplay especially, I'm keeping hype in check as well. The story is also very important to me, but I won't know what I think about it until I actually play threw it, so yeah.... For me right now, it all comes down to how the multiplayer plays. More information can't come soon enough, but I'm not expecting anything substantial anytime in the near future.
For Infinite to be the best Halo, at the bare minimum, it would need the following 4 things:

1. Marty on the music.

2. Not online locked (any parts, like Forge and Customs)

3. No microtransactions, but rather traditional paid DLC.

4. Staten on the Story.
It's looking like it will have the advantage/curse of being a launch title, which is something only CE has precedent for in the entire history of the series. Typically, going back to the earliest video games with serious sales records, launch titles have a tremendous potential for insanely high unit sale counts. Accordingly, I think it's not an insane improbability that Infinite may contend with or even possibly surpass the prior sales leader in the series (Halo 3, if I'm remembering correctly?).

That's the "advantage" half of being a launch title. But even it's not bulletproof- I believe that non-core Halo fans haven't been this disinterested in the franchise, maybe ever. Halo 3 earned best seller status by bringing in millions of converts to the series and even to the Xbox brand; Halo was always the evangelist making the case that Xbox could contend with Nintendo and Sony for iconic first party must-play games. I'm deeply sad to confess that I don't believe that's what this series represents to the industry anymore, partly on account of a handful of missteps with the direction Bungie started down with Reach (a game I absolutely love, but the one where the "let's make a Halo game to compete with the hottest shooters of the moment" attitude began) and 343i subsequently followed up on with Halo 4 and 5.

All this is to say that I believe Infinite has a chance to be the best selling Halo game of all time. But not if it isn't also a strong contender for best Halo game of all time, flat out. And I'm not solidly convinced it will be that- partly due to how little we've seen of the game so far and partly because I can't for the life of me get a solid read on 343i's basic attitude and philosophy in making it.
Doubt it. Halo 2 and Halo 3 will always be the best. 343i hasn't put out a single good Halo game at all so I'm still very skeptical about Halo Infinite. Before you can really form an accurate opinion about whether a game is good or not you have to see gameplay first which we haven't seen yet.
I’d have to disagree, Halo Wars 2 was a very good game.
I wonder why 343 gave up on it.
it has potential to be the best ever. they have 18 years of halo to learn from. look at what made halo popular in the mid 2000s and what drove people away ever since then
It could be because this is running on a silpspace engine and we have chris lee asa studio head
It’s way to early to judge Halo Infinite and we know little about Infinite’s Multiplayer. Back in the days, Halo 3 broke records, the reached over $300 million dollars in one week, millions of copy’s sold, Fastest selling game ever. That game was too hyped and 343’s reputation they caused over Halo doesn’t seem they will break records like bungie did.
AMA4N wrote:
It could be because this is running on a silpspace engine and we have chris lee asa studio head
Not trying to be too negative, but the new engine could be a major headache. But it could also be the opposite. For me, the engine is irrelevant, I want a good story, a full game at release, and passive non rng micro transaction system that does not affect progress. Give me those three things on any engine and I'll be happy,,,, maybe lol. Will it be the best Halo ? Still too early to tell.
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:
Not trying to be too negative, but the new engine could be a major headache. But it could also be the opposite. For me, the engine is irrelevant, I want a good story, a full game at release, and passive non rng micro transaction system that does not affect progress. Give me those three things on any engine and I'll be happy,,,, maybe lol. Will it be the best Halo ? Still too early to tell.
The Blam! engine has been used since Halo: Combat Evolved, so I imagine that developing with that in 2019 would be a bigger headache than making an engine for the modern era.
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:
The Blam! engine has been used since Halo: Combat Evolved, so I imagine that developing with that in 2019 would be a bigger headache than making an engine for the modern era.
I'm sure you're correct about the old engine. I'm just pointing out that a new engine does not guarantee a good game without issues, it might be fine, it might not. We won't know until we play it.
To me this is kinda like asking what the best star wars movie is. First of all it is an insanely objective question. Secondly it's really hard to get past the foundational content because it birthed the universe. It is for this reason (however not only this reason obviously) that people still hold a new hope and empire and ce and tfor and h3 and such in such high esteem. Further more we have to acknowledge that with the advances in technology certain elements are bound to improve but just because it looks better doesn't mean it is better. That said it does give it a chance to perform better. There are just so many mitigating factors...

That said will any game beat out ce for me? Unlikely, being the first and the foundational cornerstone it had no constraints or limits on what it did in the universe where as more recent titles have suffered as they tried to expand/change this.

And all that isn't even discussing the elements of nostalgia, effective marketing (I love bees and live action trailers) and it's impact on success, or what each game did for the online community.
I hope Halo Infinite doesn't suck. Same thing with episode 9 for Star Wars.
Its hard to be better than the Bungie games for the simple fact that is halo. They know what they wanted in the game. I do have a feeling this will be one of the best 343 games. (not that its that hard)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4