Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Do you think Halo Infinite will be the best Halo?

OP AppearedCoast41

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
So does anyone think Halo infinite will have the story or multiplayer? Or be the best selling Halo ever made? But that could change we'll have to see, I guess.
There are two subcategories of best game.
There's best game for its time, and then there's best game now objectively.

For example, best game for its time: Halo 1, 2 and 3. the classic halos revolutionized FPS in general and then lead the charge in online multiplayer.

Halo Infinite can be mechanically a better game right now. the old engine hasn't aged the best in terms of what devs could actually do. The new slipspace engine is looking awesome. we could be looking at infinite possibilities. But no future Halo game can shape the entire industry in that way.
I am reserving all judgement until I see something.
F16 HUNTER wrote:
Doubt it. Halo 2 and Halo 3 will always be the best. 343i hasn't put out a single good Halo game at all so I'm still very skeptical about Halo Infinite. Before you can really form an accurate opinion about whether a game is good or not you have to see gameplay first which we haven't seen yet.
I’d have to disagree, Halo Wars 2 was a very good game.
I wonder why 343 gave up on it.
Because not enough Halo players were willing to give it a chance, so it wound up not selling super well. It’s very unfortunate, it’s got a great story, enjoyable gameplay, and a fabulous art design.
Doubt it. Halo 2 and Halo 3 will always be the best. 343i hasn't put out a single good Halo game at all so I'm still very skeptical about Halo Infinite. Before you can really form an accurate opinion about whether a game is good or not you have to see gameplay first which we haven't seen yet.
Halo Wars 2 is an RTS, though. I'm talking about the shooter games.
Just because it’s an RTS doesn’t mean it doesn’t count though.
Really hard to say. I expect it will at least be better than their previous games Halo 4/5 but its gonna take real effort and care to make it better than Halo 2/3/Reach in most peoples eyes.
While I expect multiplayer to be much the same they might be trying some new things again with the campaign or such and if so that'll make it harder to determine.
It also wasn't developed by 343 Industries.
Yes it was. It was a collaboration between 343i and Creative Assembly. Halo Wars 2. As for Halo Infinite being the best Halo ? It's too early to tell.
eviltedi wrote:
Yes it was. It was a collaboration between 343i and Creative Assembly. Halo Wars 2. As for Halo Infinite being the best Halo ? It's too early to tell.
And how much work did 343 Industries actually do on it? Because if you look at Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, etc., it's very little when it comes to side projects.
But the story was. And without 343’s involvement, it wouldn’t exist in the first place.
But the story was. And without 343’s involvement, it wouldn’t exist in the first place.
Why's that? Microsoft are the ones who own the franchise.
Yes, but 343 does the work within the franchise. Microsoft mostly provides funds and hardware, and sometimes steps in once in a while.
Yes, but 343 does the work within the franchise. Microsoft mostly provides funds and hardware, and sometimes steps in once in a while.
They do the work on some projects, yes, but not all. Microsoft, by the way, is a publisher who orders certain projects.
They do the work on some projects, yes, but not all. Microsoft, by the way, is a publisher who orders certain projects.
Yes, but without 343, I highly doubt we would have Halo Wars 2 as we know it currently. We may have gotten something similar with a different name, or something that shares the name but is nothing like what we got. The point is, 343’s role in the production of Halo Wars 2 shouldn’t be understated.
  • Potential? Defiantly like all the other Halo games that have been released.
  • Guaranteed: For the time being, can't say 100%. I'm not trying to get too nostalgic, but 343 will defiantly have a hard time topping halo 3/Reach for being the best Halo. Plus with how some people didn't take too kindly as to how 343 made Halo 4 and 5(especially 5), some people's faith with 343 has been broken, but not too broken as to give up before Infinite has an official gameplay reveal/more trailers released.
eviltedi wrote:
And how much work did 343 Industries actually do on it? Because if you look at Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, etc., it's very little when it comes to side projects.
You and me cannot answer that because we do not know. It stated they developed it so there has to be some work carried out by 343i, percentages are irrelevant, you stated they did not develope it, that is not the case. On topic, it's still too early to know if Halo Infinite will be the best Halo.
The original games hold a very special place in my heart so I don't think it will beat Halo 2 or Halo 3 for me, but I definitely think it has the potential to be one of the best ones.
Honestly, no. But that might be because of the timeframe I'm in now.

All my friends have jobs, I have a job, and we all live very far apart. The glory days of High School me walking 5 miles through the snow, getting to my buddy's house, slapping Reach in the console, and sipping hot chocolate with little marshmallows and ordering a pizza while spending hours playing Halo together are long gone, only concern being earning the credits to earn GUNGIR, are behind me, best as I know.

Like it as I may, I know the undiluted, responsibility-less joy can't be recaptured. So while I might even love playing Halo Infinite when it comes out, everything else that made me look back at those treasured memories- playing side-by-side with a friend, looking to earn cosmetic bling, having to not worry about tomorrow or my waistline, and more, is kind of gone and buried. So no, I don't think it'll be the best for me.

But I do at least hope it'll be good enough to make me enjoy this franchise over others again.
I agree. They would have to make a lot of changes and have hired people who are actually able to write a good story and proper dialogues - H5 dialogue in campaign was the worst! - and I doubt that has happened. I hope they are listening to the community more this time,

anyway, I’m looking forward to it either way.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
You and me cannot answer that because we do not know. It stated they developed it so there has to be some work carried out by 343i, percentages are irrelevant, you stated they did not develope it, that is not the case. On topic, it's still too early to know if Halo Infinite will be the best Halo.
Technically you're right - and sorry for re-opening the OT for a sec - we can't know exactly. HOWEVER we do know who the art director was on the project, as well sound director, creative director, we know who the RTS devs are here, most testing were done in the UK (CA is an English studio) and all patch-notes were released by CA before dropping on waypoint - even after active support was cut officially un August 2019. So it's safe to assume that 343i had little to do with Halo Wars 2 directly.

I would say they set the boundaries to keep the canon in tact, focused on the marketing and communication side of things with MS and greenlit all the pre-production and design stuff. Which is not nothing, respect for the people in bureaucracy! 😊 But still, HW2 is a CA baby!

Also makes sense... I mean, CA made a ton of RTS and had plenty of experience with the genre for decades thanks to TW! 343i has plenty of talent, but most devs there has action and shooter backgrounds. Not to mention they had and have both hands full with H5, Hi, PC ports, extended universe and the MCC patches already. It just makes more sense to outsource projects that aren't FPS!

Which is partially also the reason why I still can't fully trust 343i though. Oho! The IT is finally here! Damn that was a long introduction sorry about that! 😂

Anyway... The guys at 343i are unbelievable, amazing talents are working at Halo right now! And yet nothing they directly produced so far has won me over. Both H4 and 5 left me with nothing. I can see the passion the devs put into it, but the gunplay ain't there, AI lacks focus, design choices are often weird to say the least... AMM (including sprint) is not somethingtthe community is asking for and yet they are pushing it. I also don't care for their characters, even though most of them in H4 were well written, but something just doesn't click like it should, you know? 343i makes games in their style, but it doesn't mix well with Halo at all imho. HW2 works for me because it doesn't feel like a 343i, as harsh it might sound. That's why I can't trust them with this franchise quite yet, even though I have high regards for the single devs inside of the team.

There are also the MS related concerns with microtransactions. We have to consider the publisher as well here, and if it goes like GoW5, oh boy! We're in deep yoink my friends! Hi might end badly due to unnecessary grind, battle passes and timed unlocks. We've to see, but I would keep my hopes low for MP progression... SP on the other hand might be its own beast!

Crossing my fingers, I want this games to succeed and be a triumph for 343i! That's a given, but the circumstances let me believe they won't fully deliver sadly.
We could all hope though.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5