Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Do you think that matchmaking works for Infinite?

OP PEPORA

Halo MCC (2014) has been out for months without matchmaking.
Halo 5: Guardians (2015) has not been matchmaking in my country for more than 1 month since its release.
In Halo MCC (2018 Matchmaking Update), matchmaking did not work in my country for about 1 month.

Do you think Halo Infinite can be matchmade on release date? At least since the Xbox One came out, there hasn't been a Halo game available in Japan that can be matchmade.
PEPORA wrote:
Halo 5: Guardians (2015) has not been matchmaking in my country for more than 1 month since its release.
In Halo MCC (2018 Matchmaking Update), matchmaking did not work in my country for about 1 month.

Do you think Halo Infinite can be matchmade on release date? At least since the Xbox One came out, there hasn't been a Halo game available in Japan that can be matchmade.
That's unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear that. Without being involved with the development, it's hard to say for sure. I know Xbox is trying to make a splash and bolster it's presence in Japan so I definitely think it'd be a wise move to ensure Infinite launches with the whole feature set of the game.
PEPORA wrote:

That's unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear that. Without being involved with the development, it's hard to say for sure. I know Xbox is trying to make a splash and bolster it's presence in Japan so I definitely think it'd be a wise move to ensure Infinite launches with the whole feature set of the game.
Microsoft has no interest in the Japanese Xbox. It will only make Microsoft Japanese games available in Europe and America.
Monster Hunter World, Team Sonic Racing, My Hero One's Justice, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3, and many other games are not released in Japan.
I couldn't understand the story of Halo 5 because the Halo book was not translated into Japanese. (I learned English to follow the halo story)
PEPORA wrote:
PEPORA wrote:

Microsoft has no interest in the Japanese Xbox. It will only make Microsoft Japanese games available in Europe and America.
Monster Hunter World, Team Sonic Racing, My Hero One's Justice, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3, and many other games are not released in Japan.
I couldn't understand the story of Halo 5 because the Halo book was not translated into Japanese. (I learned English to follow the halo story)
I would like to think going forward you should start to see this changing. Microsoft seems to be placing more importance on the Japanese marketplace which has largely been dominated by Nintendo and PlayStation. I’m not saying things will be immediate, but you should start to hopefully see more inclusion into the Microsoft suite.
This should get more attention.
Agreed , I thought the whole concept of Xbox live was to be able to play with any one around the world. Seems counter intuitive to not include every one.
PEPORA wrote:
PEPORA wrote:

I would like to think going forward you should start to see this changing. Microsoft seems to be placing more importance on the Japanese marketplace which has largely been dominated by Nintendo and PlayStation. I’m not saying things will be immediate, but you should start to hopefully see more inclusion into the Microsoft suite.
I also want Microsoft to sell games in the world. Especially, Halo can't keep up with the story because of the media mix development. I hope it will be improved.
Sunsdune wrote:
Agreed , I thought the whole concept of Xbox live was to be able to play with any one around the world. Seems counter intuitive to not include every one.
Until the Xbox 360, Xbox Live was fun. I think there are many games with strict regional restrictions in the games on dedicated servers.As long as it is limited matchmaking, we can't play games in the area unless they try to sell them all over the world.
PEPORA wrote:

It's hard to tell, and it will depend on region lock. Gears 5 just launched and players are already complaining about region lock. Brazil is a country I have seen mentioned. I hope it is not the same with Halo for you. I know from reading these forums that many are affected. Lots of my friends could not play MCC in Europe, and I've seen many Australian gamers reporting issues in here. All we can do is wait and see.
PEPORA wrote:
PEPORA wrote:

The fact that you learned a whole new language just for Halo is really awesome. Lots of respect.

I hope Halo Infinite launches in a state that facilitates matchmaking in regions outside of the United States. We do not really know anything just yet.