OP F22 Raptor X1

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. ...
  7. 11
So far, yes, but we have seen very little of the game to see if our trust has been rewarded. If Halo 5's Mythic Arena is essentially a soft beta for Halo Infinite, I'm a big fan.
CMDR Kai wrote:
Yes, I do happen to trust the people who were brave enough to take the helm of a beloved franchise with its boisterous, ungrateful fan base more than the team that abandoned the franchise to produce two over-hyped mindless titles where the only clear motive is to cash in on shipping a half baked game and releasing $100 dlc packs in order to be as greedy as humanly possible.
Posts like this are why Halo needs to have an M rating again.
The post you responded to is 100% true, I’ve played all of the Halo games and both Destiny games. Even at launch, Halo 5 was far superior to Destiny’s 1 and 2.
What does Bungie or Destiny have to do with Halo 4, the MCC, and Halo 5?
Just as the inital comment was attempting, they're shifting the conversation to a place they're comfortable with. They're going to try to shift attention away from Halo itself so they can argue company loyalty. Maybe they'll surprise us, but it's a very common tactic that they seem to be setting up.
CMDR Kai wrote:
Yes, I do happen to trust the people who were brave enough to take the helm of a beloved franchise with its boisterous, ungrateful fan base more than the team that abandoned the franchise to produce two over-hyped mindless titles where the only clear motive is to cash in on shipping a half baked game and releasing $100 dlc packs in order to be as greedy as humanly possible.
The post you responded to is 100% true, I’ve played all of the Halo games and both Destiny games. Even at launch, Halo 5 was far superior to Destiny’s 1 and 2.
The OP is whether or not we trust 343 with Infinite. The original response was basically “I trust 343 more than Bungie.” The next response was a personal attack to the first responder. My response was affirming the first response’s legitimacy and stating my agreement with it.

The reason Bungie is even brought up is because many people state that, “I wish Bungie came back to Halo,” or something along those lines.
CMDR Kai wrote:
CMDR Kai wrote:
The OP is whether or not we trust 343 with Infinite. The original response was basically “I trust 343 more than Bungie.” The next response was a personal attack to the first responder. My response was affirming the first response’s legitimacy and stating my agreement with it.

The reason Bungie is even brought up is because many people state that, “I wish Bungie came back to Halo,” or something along those lines.
Noted. Do you trust 343 with Halo Infinite? Why or why not?
Not after the MCC.
I'm careful but yes, I will be giving my support and remain hopeful that they get this right.
After all, third times the charm.
I'm careful but yes, I will be giving my support and remain hopeful that they get this right.
After all, third times the charm.
Technically, Halo five was the third time. Halo 4 was a rushed and underwhelming game. Halo: The Master Chief Collection was unacceptably broken during its launch which was the most critical point point of it's life, and Halo 5 is regarded as having the worst campaign with a multiplayer that alienated many with it's spartan charge, ground pound, infinite sprint, etc.
I always trust 343 with Halo. They've always been doing a good job in my opinion. Halo 4 and 5 were different but it made an amazing series even more amazing.
I think 343i has got A LOT of feedback from us Halo fans to make the perfect Halo.
Absolutely, I think they're going to really knock it outta the park with this one!
I might trust them after seeing the final product. So far my guess is we're going to get yet another Gears (of War) 5 situation: meaning a brilliant single player and an interesting story, fixing errors of the past! But at the same time with a grind-fest unlock system in mp and everything closely tied to an online store filled with microtransactions.

Also we got to see if we're getting a) the obnoxious AMM H5-esk game-style nobody cares about, b) a real Halo game or c) something completely different altogether.
So I trust that they're giving it their all and putting in more effort than they did with Halo 5. The game has been in development for at least 5 - 6 years now and they've clearly learned from some of the mistakes they made in Halo 4 and 5. I can only hope that it comes out as a well polished product that feels like what xbox should be on more powerful hardware.
FANNttv wrote:
I think 343i has got A LOT of feedback from us Halo fans to make the perfect Halo.
They have had amazing feedback from the fans since the Halo: Reach days, the question is if they will use it or not.
For now, I remain cautiously optimistic, however, who else is there to trust with the Halo legacy?. Not without turning Halo into another call of Duty game... and that would piss the fans off.
Shepard761 wrote:
For now, I remain cautiously optimistic, however, who else is there to trust with the Halo legacy?. Not without turning Halo into another call of Duty game... and that would piss the fans off.
Welp, back in the day Don Matrick created a team around people that pretty much hated classic Halo and wanted a more CoD like title, if possible even with yearly releases. So the situation we had so far isn't so far of from your fears sadly...

If something it was Halo 4's failure and Spencer's push that brought us back to start, with equal start kind of gameplay and longer production times. And even in that case 343i wasn't willing to keep the original base gameplay! Halo had to evolve. So we went from CoD to Crysis while using Halo's banner. Yee I guess.

That's also why I can't fully trust 343i, the team doesn't give me the vibe that they enjoy the real Halo experience. Or better, they love the universe, but not the gameplay! Even people I deeply respect like Tom French (lead multiplayer director and the guy behind Forge in H5 btw) had a discussion with a YTuber a few years back, and he's clearly pro advanced movement mechanics...

I hope to be wrong about this, but I doubt we'll ever see a real Halo game from 343i aside from half-yoinked remakes. Which most probably won't be made directly be them anyway.
Back when Halo 4 came out I l personally liked it a lot, I even went to the NY Comic Con that had it playable before it came out. I liked that it felt like Halo but better and faster. I also liked Halo 5 a lot.

But after playing so much Halo I feel like Halo Infinite is going to need to do a lot more then any other Halo game has done and bring new things to the table. In the past Halo has mostly felt like a grind for stats or rank, and that at least for me feels repetitive and boring especially after 100/1000's games of Team Slayer/Swat..

So far for me I trust 343 with Infinite for the most part. (That quote from Mr O'Connor about no Battle Royale I personally thought/think is a huge missed opportunity). But I'm not going to give up on Infinite yet, and I look forward to hearing more from 343 about it.

Does anybody else trust 343 with Infinite ?
So far I trust them with this one. Halo 5 was a little meh, but from the trailers we've seen, the field recording videos for sound (which to me and others hint at the flood and the return of some old vehicles) it looks good. They did say the players are welcome to make BR in Forge, which is completely fine with me. The only thing that has a sliver of worry with me is a small rumor that the MP might be f2p. I don't want this game to be littered with loot boxes and microtransactions. I want to earn the armor and assassinations, not have it come randomly out of a REQ pack.
Quote:
The only thing that has a sliver of worry with me is a small rumor that the MP might be f2p. I don't want this game to be littered with loot boxes and microtransactions. I want to earn the armor and assassinations, not have it come randomly out of a REQ pack.
I think that free-to-play may not be the worst idea as long as the game-play is good. A lot of the most popular multiplayer games are free-to-play.
Back when Halo 4 came out I l personally liked it a lot, I even went to the NY Comic Con that had it playable before it came out. I liked that it felt like Halo but better and faster. I also liked Halo 5 a lot.

But after playing so much Halo I feel like Halo Infinite is going to need to do a lot more then any other Halo game has done and bring new things to the table. In the past Halo has mostly felt like a grind for stats or rank, and that at least for me feels repetitive and boring especially after 100/1000's games of Team Slayer/Swat..

So far for me I trust 343 with Infinite for the most part. (That quote from Mr O'Connor about no Battle Royale I personally thought/think is a huge missed opportunity). But I'm not going to give up on Infinite yet, and I look forward to hearing more from 343 about it.

Does anybody else trust 343 with Infinite ?
So far I trust them with this one. Halo 5 was a little meh, but from the trailers we've seen, the field recording videos for sound (which to me and others hint at the flood and the return of some old vehicles) it looks good. They did say the players are welcome to make BR in Forge, which is completely fine with me. The only thing that has a sliver of worry with me is a small rumor that the MP might be f2p. I don't want this game to be littered with loot boxes and microtransactions. I want to earn the armor and assassinations, not have it come randomly out of a REQ pack.
Loot-boxes won't be there, f2p or not! But if it is Hi might become a grind-fest to unlock stuff if you don't pay up. In CoD Warzone for instance you have to get 250 or even 500 kills in specific ways to earn certain scopes and other (gameplay related, mind you) gadgets if I'm getting this right. In case its just cosmetics we still might face a GoW5 situation. I doubt anyone wants that...

Heck! I fear it's going to be like this even if it's not f2p! Rainbow Six, Battlefield and all other major FPS already are, why would Hi be the exception to rule?! -,-'

EDIT: I already had little trust in Hi, but more I think about the gaming landscape right now, the more I'm getting depressed and delusional about a good Halo game. Damn this tread! X'D
I like what 343i has done for the series. They have made good games. I've noticed where 343 excelled where Bungie failed. I can talk about it more, but it's not the place to do it.

From the qualities of their games, they have been excellent. Halo 4 ran very well. The graphics looked good. The sounds were good. The gameplay ran well. Multiplayer was good too. The weapons felt great too, while some were overpowered, but all the weapons were enjoyable. The vehicles were great too! There were some issues on the other hand. Weird physic bugs, interface glitches, and matchmaking bugs sometimes came up, but none were game breaking. It had one of the best SWAT experience I ever had.

Halo 5 was very good. This was a challenging platform to build around Xbox One. They introduced dynamic resolution to maintain 60 fps. Everything was super smooth and looked amazing. I have to say that this is one of the most accomplished technical performance of any Halo yet. The gameplay felt great and fast, and I liked being agile around the platforms. Warzone, Firefight, and social matchmaking are of the most fun parts of Halo 5. The campaign looks beautiful. The weapons and vehicles were so much fun to play with in matchmaking. However, there were questionable decisions with false advertising, disappointing story, and spartan abilities.

I'm not focused on the negatives. The positives really show that 343 is very capable of delivering a polished gameplay with working mechanics. I look forward to the new Halo, and I'm sure that Halo Infinite will have a lot of impressive things to show. I have no doubts about that. But will it have continually great experience? I will have to wait to decide on that.

My biggest concern for Halo is that I've played it so much already. What incentives does it have to keep me playing? I've played so much Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach, 4, and 5. It's going to the point of grinding, and that gets old. I stopped playing Call of Duty series because there's nothing for me to keep playing because I've done it so many times. It's not just CoD, but many other multiplayer experience get so boring and grindy. It's even a bigger challenge to offer something fresh, addicting, and fun for all players to keep coming back. It doesn't matter how good Halo Infinite is. Halo Infinite will get lost in the multiplayer crammed world. Halo 3 was so dominant when it came out because there so much less options to play online, and it had a massive hype that it built on. Then other games started picking up the pace and eventually overshadowed Halo, and made it irrelevant to the plethora options of online gameplay today. I will be impressive if Halo Infinite manages to put itself above everything.
FANNttv wrote:
Many of those feedbacks weren't good. I hope 343i understand that not all feedbacks are good. I hope 343i knows which feedback to use instead of overcorrecting because the hardcore fans wanted it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. ...
  7. 11