1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
Yes. I appreciate their response to the MCC debacle and their focus on rectifying the wrongs of Halo 5. I also did really enjoy the multiplayer on Halo 5, which to me is the most important aspect of any Halo game.
Based on an engine demo and a short cut scene how can anyone really provide any valid or vaguely informed opinion that isn't laced with a preconceived bias and/or a wildly speculative guess at this point ?
Based on an engine demo and a short cut scene how can anyone really provide any valid or vaguely informed opinion that isn't laced with a preconceived bias and/or a wildly speculative guess at this point ?
It amazes me how the art style and audio effects this fanbase.

Just look at all the undiserved praise halo wars 2 gets despite being extremely flawed.
It amazes me how the art style and audio effects this fanbase.

Just look at all the undiserved praise halo wars 2 gets despite being extremely flawed.
I don't play the halo wars games so I can't comment . But I still think any commentary on trusting infinites direction at this juncture is just to early to have an objective basis other than preconceived bias.
Well i loved halo 4, love halo mcc, enjoyed 5 for what it is, and on this trailer i am so god damn excited
Yes, 343 listens to their fans.
Haha that's funny! Man you should do stand up.

In all seriousness I think this is going in a good direction. Classic Halo armor and comic book art style instead of the disgusting Halo 4 and 5 designs. I hope they truly learn what is Halo this time around and make it a real Halo game.
Yes, 343 listens to their fans.
Haha that's funny! Man you should do stand up.

In all seriousness I think this is going in a good direction. Classic Halo armor and comic book art style instead of the disgusting Halo 4 and 5 designs. I hope they truly learn what is Halo this time around and make it a real Halo game.
It's foolish to assume that they've completely abandoned Halo 4/5. At best, they're blending the two styles together. As for gameplay, 10 bucks says sprint and some kind of abilities will be in there.
I would argue that because Halo Infinite is going backwards in terms of art/gameplay (I don't mean that in a bad way, I mean it as in its going back to the old school days) that 343i is listening to their fans, and giving them what they want. If, and that's a big if, Halo Infinite revives the Halo community to the way it was in the 2/3 days, 343i will have succeeded, and as I mentioned in another post somewhere on here, we as the fans should support them if they are doing something right. If the game is awesome, but you wont buy it because 343i made it and you don't like them, that's your call, but they are making Halo now, and if you like Halo, you have to deal with that. I personally didn't trust 343 after Halo 4, and a fair way into Halo 5 after finishing the campaign and it being nothing like what was advertised. But even before the first reveal trailer for their Slipspace engine, 343i had made some huge improvements and changes to the way they handled Halo, and it seems to be working. People are pumped for Infinite, and although I for one am not jumping on the pre-order-the-best-version-with-xbox-console-for-$1000-hail-halo bandwagon just yet, if the gameplay footage that gets revealed is awesome, and It seems to be everything we were hoping for, then I would safety say that I trust them. A little, at least.
I'll echo what many other folks said: cautiously optimistic.

They have been saying and doing a lot - and I mean a hella lot - of things right in the last couple years that are slowly rebuilding goodwill with this fan at least. I hope they keep it up.

But, there's just a little bit of caution born from the fact that we've been burned before, hearing a lot of good things during development then tremendously disappointed by finished products.
I've trusted 343 from the minute bungie handed it over. These people know what there doing, halo 4 was a great game with minor flaws that were fixed in halo 5 which also had flaws. From their past track record the studio is very good with correcting their mistakes, have faith in them people they can make halo infinite an amazing game.
Back when Halo 4 came out I l personally liked it a lot, I even went to the NY Comic Con that had it playable before it came out. I liked that it felt like Halo but better and faster. I also liked Halo 5 a lot.

But after playing so much Halo I feel like Halo Infinite is going to need to do a lot more then any other Halo game has done and bring new things to the table. In the past Halo has mostly felt like a grind for stats or rank, and that at least for me feels repetitive and boring especially after 100/1000's games of Team Slayer/Swat..

So far for me I trust 343 with Infinite for the most part. (That quote from Mr O'Connor about no Battle Royale I personally thought/think is a huge missed opportunity). But I'm not going to give up on Infinite yet, and I look forward to hearing more from 343 about it.

Does anybody else trust 343 with Infinite ?
I trust 343, mostly based on the fact that they appear receptive to feedback. I like how they've acknowledged their mistakes (Halo MCC launch, Halo 5 campaign), and that they're making a concerted effort to return to the original tone & style of Halo. I trust them much more with multiplayer than campaign (though I think Infinite will be a return to form campaign-wise), because I thoroughly enjoy H5's MP. I wish there were a wider variety of original maps and I'm still not sold on the True Skill 2 ranking system, but the core gameplay is great and I look forward to seeing how they iterate their formula for Infinite.

I wish them the best, and I really hope, for the sake of Halo's future, Infinite delivers.
Absolutely. Seems like they're evolving each Halo game, rather than drastic changes or repeating old games.
Their dedication toward reviving Halo MCC and the amount of change they've committed to in trying to turn the franchise around is reassuring, but I'll need to see much more from them. So far, all that can be said for sure is that they're nostalgia baiting, and other than showing off a pretty new engine (which was a smart thing to invest in for the future of Halo), there's been nothing concrete to determine how good of a job they're doing. But so far so good.
after halo 5 i have confidence in their gameplay capabilities but still zero when it comes to making MP maps. Honestly, halo maps are every but as important as the gameplay so I am still worried quite a bit. I could never get into Halo 5 because of the poor map quality
I used to hate 343i with a passion. But the trailers and teasers for the upcoming Halo games look very promising. I trust them so far with their advancements in the Halo universe.
100% No. They have no idea what is cool, and listening to players shout out in this forum too much. GaaS model and XGP would’ve changed the mechanism design, just like no BTB maps from developer in H5, and we will see more Campaign DLC in H6.
Sorry purists, but I'm preordering so long as splitscreen is kept. Do I think 343 will hit it out of the park? I enjoyed h5's mp and h4's campaign, so maybe.
so far yes I hope this is the game where they nail both campaign and multiplayer since in 4 it was campaign while in 5 it was the multiplayer
343 has a track record of misleading fans and releasing poor quality games. I don't see any reason to trust them as a company, or with yet another game. They may prove me wrong for the first time, but I doubt it.
Honestly campaign wise no. Sorry after halo 5 and this recent trailer no I don't. Halo 4 story was great I loved the emotional connection. the starting mission gave you that classic just waking up to the halo world feeling, the ghost run, the saber mission, etc. Some of the forerunner maps were bland and empty but the rest was good great campaign just 1 mission too short.

Halo 5 messed it all up and was nothing but filler. Halo infinite looks like more of the same. My only hope is we get good locations and maybe the flood coming back can help with the excitement. However story wise I have 0 faith
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11