Do you trust 343 with Infinite so far ?

OP F22 Raptor X1

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
At this point I could care less about the games story because nothing in them will ever reach what they have in the books. Especially the recent stuff they put out. Its just been slam after slam after slam. And now we've got a sequel to Silent Storm, the second Meridian book, AND Ferrets Book 3 coming up (aka the best ones so far, albiet if they reveal Totally Not Firefly In Halo AKA the sequel to Renegades I would not be unhappy).
So...yes, because I cannot be dissapointed by anything at this point. The only thing that would do so would be literally not releasing the game.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Yes, I trust 343 to give us something good. Halo 5 was definitely bad, no doubt about that (although some things were improved over 4, just not very many and not big things compared to what was done terribly wrong), but Halo 4 was amazing, one of my top three favorites of the franchise, and Halo Wars 2 was really good as well. What little we’ve seen of Infinite looks to be good, and the fact they’re taking their time making the game instead of trying to stick to the three year development cycle is a good sign. (Something the Coalition should’ve done with Gears 5 after how terrible Gears 4 was). I think we’re going to get a good game at the end of next year.
Opinion without Gameplay.
Yeah I do not trust them with a Halo game until they start doing things that make the players happy. Like creating a full complete game, in an acceptable time frame, with no stupid armor abilities.
I think Halo 4 and 5 have been the best Halo games of the bunch (4 having the best story, and 5 by far the best multiplayer (ignoring lootboxes in warzone)), but strangely, the fact that I like 343's work so much is the reason that I think I will be disappointed.

I don't think 343 will just "take the good parts from 4 and 5 and make a perfect Infinite", because half of the community hates both 4 and 5, for the reasons that I love them.

I think split-screen is good for everyone, but I feel like there's a good chance we get thrust back into the vapid narratives that were pervasive throughout Halo CE through 3, and, although I'm sure the multiplayer will be fantastic in terms of balance and the likely true return of BTB, I doubt it will have the movement mechanics that I think flourished in Halo 5, and that's going to hurt. Especially if they decide to steer back into (what I perceive to be) the skid of Halo 3 (which imo just felt floaty, and had much too high bullet travel time).

I also fear that they will bring the flood back in a major way, and I always thought that having anywhere near as much flood as Halo 2 or CE kind of ruined the fun of a lot of the missions (woo, shooting a bunch of popcorn infection forms, how exciting!) because I see the flood as a pretty boring and cliche zombie enemy (which isn't very dynamic to fight).

I think we will get more open missions (like Halo CE), which will be good in my opinion, but I also think we risk the boring kind of "do the mission in one direction then do it again in reverse" kind of thing that Halo CE was plagued by.

So I guess, weirdly, the reason that I trust them less (to deliver a game that I will enjoy), is because I trust them more in their ability to listen to feedback. Go figure.
I think we will get more open missions (like Halo CE), which will be good in my opinion, but I also think we risk the boring kind of "do the mission in one direction then do it again in reverse" kind of thing that Halo CE was plagued by.
Why? The only reason CE had repetition was because Bungie bit more than they could chew. It had nothing to do with the level design style, and it has not happened again since then. In particular, 343i haven't shown any sign of such problems with pre-planning, so why are you suddenly afraid they would? Having to reuse levels or sections of them is not something that happens very easily.
@tsassi
The main reason I have this fear for Halo Infinite, kind of related to the whole more open missions thing. I would think, it's possible that, in their effort to show off Slipspace, 343 will go towards a more open-world ish design for the game, and in my opinion, open world games are often plagued by backtracking through areas with very little modification, because the developers want to get the most for the effort they put in.
If they follow the 'MS first party game' standard with HI like they're doing with Gears 5, then it's possible any Game Pass member will be able to play the 'Ultimate' edition on day one (if not a few days earlier). I hope that's the case because it means I don't really have to trust 343 to do it right this time... which, despite all the 'reasons to be optimistic' buzz... I still don't.

Time, and actual game play video, will tell. But [hopefully] it'll be nice to know that even if doesn't look to be promising as more info is released, I can still DL it and just play the campaign without feeling like I paid for a lot more than what I got.
So far, yes. I'll be careful with my hype, but I still have faith in them.
Same
It amazes me how the art style and audio effects this fanbase.

Just look at all the undiserved praise halo wars 2 gets despite being extremely flawed.
The best part of the praise for Halo Wars 2's art is that the more you look into the game itself (not cutscenes), the more you see the new art instead of classic.
Bulbaby wrote:
It amazes me how the art style and audio effects this fanbase.

Just look at all the undiserved praise halo wars 2 gets despite being extremely flawed.
The best part of the praise for Halo Wars 2's art is that the more you look into the game itself (not cutscenes), the more you see the new art instead of classic.
Its hard to generalize, but I think part of the preference for classic for some is simply a lot of 343's art was well, bad. Odd choices, odd shapes, a couple favorite features missing.

Like H2A and HW2's elites are actually rather unique in terms of anatomy, with their mouths working rather differently and resembling a spider. But they're skinny and wear older-style armor and thus often lumped in as looking 'classic' by the community. 343's elites may be bulkier, but their jaws actually work pretty much the same as classic elites do.

Similarly, despite the banished largely still being the covenant, they get away with a very different art style, because it feels thematically fitting. Whereas Jul's covenant really isn't that much different than the banished, being a rag-tag guerilla force, but are expected to adhere to classic styles.
Yes, I do happen to trust the people who were brave enough to take the helm of a beloved franchise with its boisterous, ungrateful fan base more than the team that abandoned the franchise to produce two over-hyped mindless titles where the only clear motive is to cash in on shipping a half baked game and releasing $100 dlc packs in order to be as greedy as humanly possible.
$100 for DLC?
is it very expensive
My feelings on this are complicated, I am cautiously optimistic, they still haven't shown us gameplay and enough of the story to make me feel comfortable. So I liked Halo 4 its campaign was decent and gameplay also decent but a major step down from every other Halo game but not bad definitely for it being 343's first actual Halo game. But Halo 5 was completely mediocre, bad campaign and gameplay were showing even more signs of them wanting to be like COD, and the MCC were based on lies, and when it came out was so glitchy and all around terrible. So based on 343's track record I don't want to go out and say just because they went back to the original soundtrack, Master Chief's armor, and a Halo ring that it is going to be a great game, but they're doing everything right so far. I want to see a more Halo Reach or Halo 4 gameplay I also want to know who were fighting I don't want to have some COD gameplay fighting enemies that are frustrating/boring which is basically what Halo 5. Also what could be an intersting but very good addition is dual-wield I would love to see them add that back.
Fixing the MCC on Xbox, releasing it on PC, going back to a more classic art style, hiring a new story writer, being more open as of late and listening to all the criticisms...

I'd say 343 definitely learned their lesson but I won't be surprised if Infinite turns out to be a massive $%§# in the end. If it does we could see the end of Halo's future so I think they are definitely trying this time.
No. They are gonna keep adding all this stuff to try and revive it but it's only going to kill it more, they need to stick to the simple basics of what made halo from Hce and h2(mulitplayer). Talking strictly multiplayer I don't play the campaigns.
Do I trust them? That's hard to say. They let me down with Halo 4 and they heavily let me down with Halo 5. Don't get me started on the Master Chief Collection. I liked nothing about 4 or 5. The story was bad and the multiplayer was worse. The customization was terrible and so were the armor sets and art style. Everything felt weaker. Too much stuff crammed onto the controls for H5. Sprinting felt cheap as it encourages players to run from fights rather than finish the engagement to either the enemy or their own deaths. Don't get me started on the Call of Halo aspects like clambering, taking away the skill of crouch jumping in Arena Shooters and the awful Spartan Abilities like Ground Pound, Spartan Charge, etc. I hope to never see those in a Halo game ever again.Terrible decisions. Please, I want the gameplay to be like 1-3. Hell, maybe even just a little bit of Reach.

Their comments on "No Battle Royale" make me happy, though. Battle Royale is stupid in my honest opinion, but I do agree it can work for some games, like PUBG or Apex, etc. But for Halo? No. Don't you DARE put it anywhere near Halo. It's an Arena Shooter first and foremost. Besides, we have a gametype called Free-For-All. Let's play that, shall we? I also liked their comments about customization, saying if we loved it in Reach, we'd love it in Infinite. Please stick to your words.

Their new art direction and musical direction does spark a small flame of interest. But they burned me 3 times. I want to "Believe". I want to "Discover Hope". I want to think that the Marine in the trailer getting excited during the OG shield recharge sound saying "We're going home! Welcome back Chief!" is symbolic of 343's new vision and how they feel to bring Halo back to its TRUE roots and be the king it once was, but I just can't get behind them until I can see their own flames of passion in this project through gameplay and sticking to their words. Like Cortana would tell Chief, "Don't make a girl a promise if you know you can't keep it." Don't promise us anything if you aren't going to uphold your promises, 343. I want to believe in you. I want to love Halo again. Halo was my favorite franchise back in the day. You would never not see me wearing a Halo related shirt or playing Halo on my beautiful Limited Edition Halo 3 Xbox 360. I don't want to go through what I did with 4, MCC and 5. With 4 and 5.. I felt like I didn't recognize Halo anymore. It changed too much in such a short amount of time like they were two entirely different games. But Halo Infinite looks like it might finally change the tide. We will see in time, won't we?

All I ask is that you please do your best, 343. Thank you.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4