2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 11
Should any of us even consider purchasing halo Infinite when halo MCC is still broken? Let's speak with our wallets. This way halo MCC get's fixed and halo infinite is a success at launch without the need for any patches.
Yes, I do happen to trust the people who were brave enough to take the helm of a beloved franchise with its boisterous, ungrateful fan base more than the team that abandoned the franchise to produce two over-hyped mindless titles where the only clear motive is to cash in on shipping a half baked game and releasing $100 dlc packs in order to be as greedy as humanly possible.
Destiny 1 vanilla is > anything 343 has produced. Only the original halo CE made by Alex Seropian of Bungie tops it.
A lot of people are on edge with 343i, claiming that they haven't made a single good game worthy of being called Halo. I honestly thought 4 was phenomenal! Halo 5's story was pretty...scattered, but it still was a decent game overall. I think I can confidently say that I trust 343i with Halo: Infinite.
Sylxeria wrote:
Gameplay wise? Sure, I trust them. 4's was "mediocre" at best, though Big Team was okay 'cause of Dominion. Actually come to think of it, Dominion was almost the sole factor in what kept me playing 4. 5 on the other hand was top-notch and is my favorite multiplayer thus far, with Reach and H2A falling in behind it (Particularly H2A). It'd only be better if Spartan Charge wasn't a thing.

Story wise? Cautious. Very cautious. I just get this feeling that most of the lore of the world I came ot love so much will be watered down or omitted entirely in a misguided attempt to fix the problems 5's story had - which wasn't hard to follow because of any EU references, but because 5's story was just a mess plain and simple. I'm especially concerned Blue Team's on the line here too...
Halo 5 multiplayer is just Titanfall, it's not halo and if Infinite is power rangers in space again, I'm done with the halo series. Don't ask 343 for power rangers in space, please.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I'm cautiously optimistic: I'm enjoying Halo5 and while it has its flaws it's still fun. I think that while I would like a return to Halo's roots I also don't want to discourage 343 from innovation.
Only time will tell. I can see a lot of passion and good art went into Halo 4&5 .
One thing though: I would like a return to the old aesthetic for the Elites! :)
My biggest concern would be the unlock system, all Microsoft Exclusives, Halo 5, Forza Motorsports, and Gears 5 for example have all been pushing pretty hard towards microtransactions and grindy unlocks. Even MCC is a real grind now. Halo Infinite needs a system that feels like I am earning armour and have kind of choice into what it is I am earning.
I personally think they are on the right path now, I enjoyed Halo 4 alot, the story was great (a dramatic change sure, but a welcomed one for me) but It was still good, Its multiplayer was meh. Halo 5 had great Multiplayer but severely lacked Story as they expected everyone to pretty much read the books (hub missions were cool) but half of the game was cut scenes..and only like 3 of 15 or so missions iirc had you play as Chief!
To get to the point I believe Halo Infinite/ 343i has great potential to grow from past mistakes..so yes I trust them to bring Halo back from the shadows, but if they fail i think it will the end for Halo..
My biggest concern would be the unlock system, all Microsoft Exclusives, Halo 5, Forza Motorsports, and Gears 5 for example have all been pushing pretty hard towards microtransactions and grindy unlocks. Even MCC is a real grind now. Halo Infinite needs a system that feels like I am earning armour and have kind of choice into what it is I am earning.
I thought I heard that they were returning to the Halo Reach armor customization system. Only time will tell
Do we have any idea what season 2 will have to offer?
No. Their track record has shown that 343 Industries are incapable of delivering a product without at least one major problem. With Halo Infinite releasing later this year, little to go off of other than what we've been told, and inadequate time for the public testing the game's supposed to get, I predict a rocky launch for the game (and with lootboxes making their return, it's pretty much confirmed that the progression system will once again be an unrewarding grind). A return to the Bungie-era visuals and musical style, patching a five-year-old broken game, etc. don't change what the signs point towards with Halo Infinite.

Most of what we've been shown and told is good, but I need to see the end product.
ABLACKRIFT wrote:
I thought I heard that they were returning to the Halo Reach armor customization system. Only time will tell
They said that:
Quote:
"If you liked the level of customization in Halo Reach, you will be pleased".
I took that as it would return to the detail that Reach had (Helmet, torso, shoulders, visor, armour effects.. etc) as opposed to the simplicity of Halo 5 (Helmet, torso, Visor); and I am very excited for that!

But after considering what they did with Reach unlocks in MCC I am a little pessimistic about how that armour progression will work in Infinite. That is a heck load of armour to unlock; and if recent games are anything to go by then it will either be incredibly grindy or some form of micro-transaction incentive.
ABLACKRIFT wrote:
They said that:
Quote:
I took that as it would return to the detail that Reach had (Helmet, torso, shoulders, visor, armour effects.. etc) as opposed to the simplicity of Halo 5 (Helmet, torso, Visor); and I am very excited for that!

But after considering what they did with Reach unlocks in MCC I am a little pessimistic about how that armour progression will work in Infinite. That is a heck load of armour to unlock; and if recent games are anything to go by then it will either be incredibly grindy or some form of micro-transaction incentive.
The game's supposed to have both lootboxes and microtransactions, so my guess is that unlocks are a pain to earn to pressure buying them directly.
ABLACKRIFT wrote:
They said that:
Quote:

The game's supposed to have both lootboxes and microtransactions, so my guess is that unlocks are a pain to earn to pressure buying them directly.
What games supposed to have loot boxes ? 343i have already stated Halo Infinite will not have paid loot boxes, either through in game currency or real money. I doubt there will be free loot boxes, no point imo.
After 5's campaign, I lost faith and trust. But man, the 'Discover Hope' trailer definitely rekindled my faith and I hope that this time they're going to pull off a great story. I mean, the new Chief armor alone is a sign they're listening.
eviltedi wrote:
ABLACKRIFT wrote:
They said that:
Quote:

What games supposed to have loot boxes ? 343i have already stated Halo Infinite will not have paid loot boxes, either through in game currency or real money. I doubt there will be free loot boxes, no point imo.
It's been confirmed for a while now that Halo Infinite will have non-paid lootboxes with direct-to-buy items on the side.
eviltedi wrote:
ABLACKRIFT wrote:
They said that:
Quote:

It's been confirmed for a while now that Halo Infinite will have non-paid lootboxes with direct-to-buy items on the side.
I just hope it's not about unlockable armor that can't be obtain by other means (like you're forced to buy it if you want to play with it).
eviltedi wrote:
ABLACKRIFT wrote:
They said that:
Quote:

Do you have a link for that ? If true I'm done with Halo Infinite, I cannot stand rng loot crates.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
ABLACKRIFT wrote:
They said that:
Quote:

Do you have a link for that ? If true I'm done with Halo Infinite, I cannot stand rng loot crates.
I'm seeing conflicting articles now, so maybe things have changed.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 11