4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. ...
  8. 8
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
ABLACKRIFT wrote:
My biggest concern would be the unlock system, all Microsoft Exclusives, Halo 5, Forza Motorsports, and Gears 5 for example have all been pushing pretty hard towards microtransactions and grindy unlocks. Even MCC is a real grind now. Halo Infinite needs a system that feels like I am earning armour and have kind of choice into what it is I am earning.
I thought I heard that they were returning to the Halo Reach armor customization system. Only time will tell
They said that:
Quote:
"If you liked the level of customization in Halo Reach, you will be pleased".
I took that as it would return to the detail that Reach had (Helmet, torso, shoulders, visor, armour effects.. etc) as opposed to the simplicity of Halo 5 (Helmet, torso, Visor); and I am very excited for that!

But after considering what they did with Reach unlocks in MCC I am a little pessimistic about how that armour progression will work in Infinite. That is a heck load of armour to unlock; and if recent games are anything to go by then it will either be incredibly grindy or some form of micro-transaction incentive.
The game's supposed to have both lootboxes and microtransactions, so my guess is that unlocks are a pain to earn to pressure buying them directly.
What games supposed to have loot boxes ? 343i have already stated Halo Infinite will not have paid loot boxes, either through in game currency or real money. I doubt there will be free loot boxes, no point imo.
It's been confirmed for a while now that Halo Infinite will have non-paid lootboxes with direct-to-buy items on the side.
Do you have a link for that ? If true I'm done with Halo Infinite, I cannot stand rng loot crates.
I'm seeing conflicting articles now, so maybe things have changed.
343i definitively said there would be no loot-box but the game would have micro-transaction
No.

As someone who did not enjoy Halo 4 at all, did not agree with the direction of Halo 5, and witnessed the disastrous release of the MCC on console, and is now witnessing yet another failing MCC release on PC I have very little faith in 343 as a games developer.

Having seen the trailer for Halo Infinite it has sparked a ray of hope that they will return the franchise to it's roots and what made it successful in the first place.

But my expectations are very low and I wont be buying the game outright, I'll only play it through Game Pass since I'm not willing to take the financial risk on it.
Slayaja wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Well, this is suspicious.
No.

As someone who did not enjoy Halo 4 at all, did not agree with the direction of Halo 5, and witnessed the disastrous release of the MCC on console, and is now witnessing yet another failing MCC release on PC I have very little faith in 343 as a games developer.

Having seen the trailer for Halo Infinite it has sparked a ray of hope that they will return the franchise to it's roots and what made it successful in the first place.

But my expectations are very low and I wont be buying the game outright, I'll only play it through Game Pass since I'm not willing to take the financial risk on it.
If you play it through Game Pass, you're still giving your money to Microsoft. Buy it used.
Do I trust them? That's hard to say. They let me down with Halo 4 and they heavily let me down with Halo 5. Don't get me started on the Master Chief Collection. I liked nothing about 4 or 5. The story was bad and the multiplayer was worse. The customization was terrible and so were the armor sets and art style. Everything felt weaker. Too much stuff crammed onto the controls for H5. Sprinting felt cheap as it encourages players to run from fights rather than finish the engagement to either the enemy or their own deaths. Don't get me started on the Call of Halo aspects like clambering, taking away the skill of crouch jumping in Arena Shooters and the awful Spartan Abilities like Ground Pound, Spartan Charge, etc. I hope to never see those in a Halo game ever again.Terrible decisions. Please, I want the gameplay to be like 1-3. Hell, maybe even just a little bit of Reach.

Their comments on "No Battle Royale" make me happy, though. Battle Royale is stupid in my honest opinion, but I do agree it can work for some games, like PUBG or Apex, etc. But for Halo? No. Don't you DARE put it anywhere near Halo. It's an Arena Shooter first and foremost. Besides, we have a gametype called Free-For-All. Let's play that, shall we? I also liked their comments about customization, saying if we loved it in Reach, we'd love it in Infinite. Please stick to your words.

Their new art direction and musical direction does spark a small flame of interest. But they burned me 3 times. I want to "Believe". I want to "Discover Hope". I want to think that the Marine in the trailer getting excited during the OG shield recharge sound saying "We're going home! Welcome back Chief!" is symbolic of 343's new vision and how they feel to bring Halo back to its TRUE roots and be the king it once was, but I just can't get behind them until I can see their own flames of passion in this project through gameplay and sticking to their words. Like Cortana would tell Chief, "Don't make a girl a promise if you know you can't keep it." Don't promise us anything if you aren't going to uphold your promises, 343. I want to believe in you. I want to love Halo again. Halo was my favorite franchise back in the day. You would never not see me wearing a Halo related shirt or playing Halo on my beautiful Limited Edition Halo 3 Xbox 360. I don't want to go through what I did with 4, MCC and 5. With 4 and 5.. I felt like I didn't recognize Halo anymore. It changed too much in such a short amount of time like they were two entirely different games. But Halo Infinite looks like it might finally change the tide. We will see in time, won't we?

All I ask is that you please do your best, 343. Thank you.
Very well said, my thoughts exactly (except I seen the writing on the wall after Halo 4 and chose not to buy an XBone and was glad after I seen the state of 5 and MCC. But now MCC PC sucks so I got burned regardless).
No.

If you play it through Game Pass, you're still giving your money to Microsoft. Buy it used.
Can't buy it used on PC, unfortunately.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
ABLACKRIFT wrote:
My biggest concern would be the unlock system, all Microsoft Exclusives, Halo 5, Forza Motorsports, and Gears 5 for example have all been pushing pretty hard towards microtransactions and grindy unlocks. Even MCC is a real grind now. Halo Infinite needs a system that feels like I am earning armour and have kind of choice into what it is I am earning.
I thought I heard that they were returning to the Halo Reach armor customization system. Only time will tell
They said that:
Quote:
I took that as it would return to the detail that Reach had (Helmet, torso, shoulders, visor, armour effects.. etc) as opposed to the simplicity of Halo 5 (Helmet, torso, Visor); and I am very excited for that!

But after considering what they did with Reach unlocks in MCC I am a little pessimistic about how that armour progression will work in Infinite. That is a heck load of armour to unlock; and if recent games are anything to go by then it will either be incredibly grindy or some form of micro-transaction incentive.
The game's supposed to have both lootboxes and microtransactions, so my guess is that unlocks are a pain to earn to pressure buying them directly.
What games supposed to have loot boxes ? 343i have already stated Halo Infinite will not have paid loot boxes, either through in game currency or real money. I doubt there will be free loot boxes, no point imo.
It's been confirmed for a while now that Halo Infinite will have non-paid lootboxes with direct-to-buy items on the side.
Do you have a link for that ? If true I'm done with Halo Infinite, I cannot stand rng loot crates.
343 won't risk putting loot boxes in Infinite, that method is way too controversial at this point. They'll probably find other ways to milk us thought. The most plausible method would be to give players free ugly looking armor pieces and lock the coolest ones behind paywalls. They could also make it really hard for players to level up and then sell us XP boosts. They could charge us monthly subscriptions to access certain features. If they really want to go low they could flat out charge money for big requested features like playable elites. I want this game to be good but I'm also preparing for a potential boycott if the game's monetization is too agressive.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
ABLACKRIFT wrote:
They said that:
Quote:

343 won't risk putting loot boxes in Infinite, that method is way too controversial at this point. They'll probably find other ways to milk us thought. The most plausible method would be to give players free ugly looking armor pieces and lock the coolest ones behind paywalls. They could also make it really hard for players to level up and then sell us XP boosts. They could charge us monthly subscriptions to access certain features. If they really want to go low they could flat out charge money for big requested features like playable elites. I want this game to be good but I'm also preparing for a potential boycott if the game's monetization is too agressive.
Halo 5: Guardians locks 99% of its content behind an Xbox Live Gold subscription, so we already have an example of a Halo game doing that. In terms of having a separate subscription fee on top of that, though? People defend what Halo 5: Guardians does because it's a fee they're used to paying, but demanding another fee would likely be way too risky. Even Microsoft should be able to see that.
Yes, I do happen to trust the people who were brave enough to take the helm of a beloved franchise with its boisterous, ungrateful fan base more than the team that abandoned the franchise to produce two over-hyped mindless titles where the only clear motive is to cash in on shipping a half baked game and releasing $100 dlc packs in order to be as greedy as humanly possible.
That’s activisions doing. Not Bungie’s. Their Halo games were lovingly crafted and full of free content at launch. If anything feels cash grabby ir micro transaction-y in the Haloverse it’s the 343 games.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
ABLACKRIFT wrote:
They said that:
Quote:

Yeah, I have only ever seen news about the game having no paid loot boxes. I can find no info about Halo Infinite having non-paid loot boxes.
Look what they did with HW2, they dropped support for a 2 year old game to support a 10 year old game... I do somewhat trust then with Infinite, but even Halo 5 wasn't that good, but I do hear a rumored $500 million budget
Yes, I do happen to trust the people who were brave enough to take the helm of a beloved franchise with its boisterous, ungrateful fan base more than the team that abandoned the franchise to produce two over-hyped mindless titles where the only clear motive is to cash in on shipping a half baked game and releasing $100 dlc packs in order to be as greedy as humanly possible.
That’s activisions doing. Not Bungie’s. Their Halo games were lovingly crafted and full of free content at launch. If anything feels cash grabby ir micro transaction-y in the Haloverse it’s the 343 games.
wasn't really 343's decision to add micro-transations either, that's a Microsoft decision
I mean, Eververse has become much worse even after Bungie split from Activision.
Nope.

its a bait and switch.

they already changed the chiefs model from the first trailer. second trailer has the spirit of Halo 5 living inside it.
BANGHART wrote:
Nope.

its a bait and switch.

they already changed the chiefs model from the first trailer. second trailer has the spirit of Halo 5 living inside it.
Because the armor's slightly beefier?
BANGHART wrote:
Nope.

its a bait and switch.

Because the armor's slightly beefier?
slightly? the hands and helmet are much different aswell.

they absolutely nailed it the first time. perfection.
I do trust them - they’ve take their lumps and I think they are on the right path. The only thing that would put me at complete ease and hearing that Marty O’Donnel is on board as music supervisor... or Staten is on as script supervisor.
I do but also what I think they should do is make Forerunner structures look like they've looked in Halo 1-3 to give them back mysterious ancient feel .
BANGHART wrote:
Nope.

its a bait and switch.

What are you talking about? The armour is 1:1 with Halo Legends. Which you can also see in this breakdown of the Halo Infinite trailer.
BANGHART wrote:
Nope.

its a bait and switch.

What are you talking about? The armour is 1:1 with Halo Legends. Which you can also see in this breakdown of the Halo Infinite trailer.
whats your point? the armor from legends is ugly, same as the one they are using for infinite.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. ...
  8. 8