Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Does halo Infinite look really that bad?

OP AMA4N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Some people in this website hated the trailer for Infinite and said they are done with halo and 343 forever.

I can agree e3 was not good but many wanted old art style back and it's still here.

It's still classic halo, old music, we need to fight line, classic chief again which is good. Trailer wasn't that bad.

I still think last year, the graphics for e3 2018 looked better and i didn't like the cartoonish and plastic look this year but it's still classic halo and old art style but i hope they change the graphics and not look like plastic.

I'm still hyped for halo infinite next year.
The trailer was fine. I just wasn't blown away and left wanting the game immediately. It was underwhelming, I suppose. Especially after last year's trailer, with that single piano note.
They should’ve revealed more. This year’s reveals were basically like last year’s but with a little extra. They needed a little more to leave people satisfied.
They should’ve revealed more. This year’s reveals were basically like last year’s but with a little extra. They needed a little more to leave people satisfied.
The conference was weak, nothing was shown. Gears 5 was weak too.

They are definitely holding everything back for "next gen".
The conference was weak, nothing was shown. Gears 5 was weak too.

They are definitely holding everything back for "next gen".
Besides Halo, Keanu was definitely the best part.
I saw nothing wrong with today's trailer. It showcased more of the new design and artwork. All the people complaining now are the same ones that will buy the highest edition game they can get their hands on.

I also just read that we will see more at "Inside Xbox" (I believe is the conference?).
I think it was bad cgi. Should of been gameplay tbh
X19Doug95 wrote:
I think it was bad cgi. Should of been gameplay tbh
*should have

And the trailer said that the cutscene was rendered in the engine and for that it looked pretty good to me.
Nadesicle wrote:
I saw nothing wrong with today's trailer. It showcased more of the new design and artwork. All the people complaining now are the same ones that will buy the highest edition game they can get their hands on.

I also just read that we will see more at "Inside Xbox" (I believe is the conference?).
Inside Xbox will have a stream going at 6PM ET going over this years E3. I doubt we'll see anything more about it tomorrow but we'll see.
I thought the trailer was great, don't think it looks like plastic.
I won't be done with Halo forever unless they completely $%#@ the bed on Infinite's launch (hopefully they won't). Even then I still have the classic Halo games from Bungie and MCC is coming to PC (hopefully in a better state then the XB1 launch).

But the trailer did not really do anything other than say (they are still working on it). Heck E3 was completely devoid of gameplay. To be fair there was no Do You Guys not Have Phones moments. But there wasn't anything of actual substance either. The only thing that trailer told us is that MC will be a character (Captain Obvious reporting for duty) and they gave a release date of Holiday 2020 which isn't that far away for a game such as this.
I dotn think the graphics will be like that. It wasn't a gampleay trailer. I think the graphics will look better when we see the game play sometime.

Problem with halo 5 is that they showed it too early that it changed too much from the beta. I can agree that i wanted the game play nd start the beta this year by the end
I found a quick fix for the graphics that works on most images.
The graphics are uncanny because of two problems:

- The pure white is to blueish
- The gamma is to high

This creates a platic look.

Here are a few tweaked images:

Imgur: Halo infinite E3 2019: Proposition for advanced designs
Echo p q wrote:

- The gamma is to high

it wasn't gameplay so maybe it will look better when we see the real gameplay
AMA4N wrote:
Echo p q wrote:

- The gamma is to high

i hope so. the color and lighting issue is mostly a non- issue, as it can be fixed by changing two values in the graphics settings.

The armor fix would need some remodeling, but not too much.
Echo p q wrote:
AMA4N wrote:
Echo p q wrote:

- The gamma is to high

i hope so. the color and lighting issue is mostly a non- issue, as it can be fixed by changing two values in the graphics settings.

hmm, maybe its another halo ad to lead what the next halo will be, I guess they didn't want to focus on graphics in the trailer but maybe in the actual game, it will look better, I did like the trailer, feels like halo again. That guy with chief reminded me of miranes or a bit of johnson
AMA4N wrote:
Echo p q wrote:
AMA4N wrote:
Echo p q wrote:

- The gamma is to high

hmm, maybe its another halo ad to lead what the next halo will be, I guess they didn't want to focus on graphics in the trailer but maybe in the actual game, it will look better, I did like the trailer, feels like halo again. That guy with chief reminded me of miranes or a bit of johnson
The core of the trailer was very good. the small lighting and moveability things are the only things i didn't completely like about the trailer.
The trailer was great, it just left me wanting more and I felt like there should've been gameplay shown after chief says "Get ready" and jumps, even if only a 15 seconds tease, but definitely excited to see more in the future, the trailer looked amazing on my 4K TV, the game will look bonkers on high end PCs and next gen Xbox.
AMA4N wrote:
1. Some people in this website hated the trailer for Infinite and said they are done with halo and 343 forever.

2. I can agree e3 was not good but many wanted old art style back and it's still here.

It's still classic halo, old music, we need to fight line, classic chief again which is good. Trailer wasn't that bad.

3.I still think last year, the graphics for e3 2018 looked better and i didn't like the cartoonish and plastic look this year but it's still classic halo and old art style but i hope they change the graphics and not look like plastic.

4. I still hyped for halo infinite next year.
1. Really? I didn't see anyone outright denounce the game. I was very disappointed myself, because I thought there was nothing interesting or new in the trailer and I feel like 343i might -Yoink- it up again like they did in 5, but I won't judge it before I see some proper details.

2. We already knew about the old art style. One can argue that seeing in game footage with the art style implemented is a new thing, but the fact that all we saw is a new character no one wanted and the gray backdoor of a pelican leaves very little to be appreciated.

3. Last year's trailer was excited because it actually showed interesting environments, wildlife etc and wasn't just trying to buy us with "nostlagia" and old school music. This year all we get is another look at the same armor, another look at the same ring (and through a clouded pelican window, at that) and the rest is just gray Pelican indoors. In other words, a big B for boring. The only interesting shot was the one with the hologram, and the fact that it got 1 second of screentime while the boring pilot got 5 whole minutes, I find hilarious.

4. Im glad you are and truly hope you will not be disappointed and that I will be pleasantly surprised, but I myself am keeping my hype in check. This teaser is pretty good indication that 343i are targeting the marketing at least at an audience that wants to see a CE rehash. As a lore fan there is nothing I would find less exciting than that, especially given the characters they are apparently casting aside (Halsey, Arbiter, Laskey, Blue Team etc) in favor at this nostalgic circle jerk.

My only saving grace here is that 343i are not known to deliver games that are in any way related to their own marketing campaign, so let's hope that once again the game will be different from this trailer and this time for the better
This trailer was basically a marine struggling to close a breach in the pelican and the trailer making it look intense somehow.
The Chief in full body now, not just the helmet. I will miss his Halo 4 armor tho.
The Halo was partialy destroyed, no information at all about it.
Some fan service sounds and that's it! Nothing much to be disappointed but nothing much to be excited about.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3