Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Does halo Infinite look really that bad?

OP AMA4N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
AMA4N wrote:
1. Some people in this website hated the trailer for Infinite and said they are done with halo and 343 forever.

2. I can agree e3 was not good but many wanted old art style back and it's still here.

It's still classic halo, old music, we need to fight line, classic chief again which is good. Trailer wasn't that bad.

3.I still think last year, the graphics for e3 2018 looked better and i didn't like the cartoonish and plastic look this year but it's still classic halo and old art style but i hope they change the graphics and not look like plastic.

4. I still hyped for halo infinite next year.
1. Really? I didn't see anyone outright denounce the game. I was very disappointed myself, because I thought there was nothing interesting or new in the trailer and I feel like 343i might -Yoink- it up again like they did in 5, but I won't judge it before I see some proper details.

2. We already knew about the old art style. One can argue that seeing in game footage with the art style implemented is a new thing, but the fact that all we saw is a new character no one wanted and the gray backdoor of a pelican leaves very little to be appreciated.

3. Last year's trailer was excited because it actually showed interesting environments, wildlife etc and wasn't just trying to buy us with "nostlagia" and old school music. This year all we get is another look at the same armor, another look at the same ring (and through a clouded pelican window, at that) and the rest is just gray Pelican indoors. In other words, a big B for boring. The only interesting shot was the one with the hologram, and the fact that it got 1 second of screentime while the boring pilot got 5 whole minutes, I find hilarious.

4. Im glad you are and truly hope you will not be disappointed and that I will be pleasantly surprised, but I myself am keeping my hype in check. This teaser is pretty good indication that 343i are targeting the marketing at least at an audience that wants to see a CE rehash. As a lore fan there is nothing I would find less exciting than that, especially given the characters they are apparently casting aside (Halsey, Arbiter, Laskey, Blue Team etc) in favor at this nostalgic circle jerk.

My only saving grace here is that 343i are not known to deliver games that are in any way related to their own marketing campaign, so let's hope that once again the game will be different from this trailer and this time for the better
yeah it felt like proper master chief again but I would love to see his emotions as well like in halo 4, but other than that, old chief has returned
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
AMA4N wrote:
Some people in this website hated the trailer for Infinite and said they are done with halo and 343 forever.

I can agree e3 was not good but many wanted old art style back and it's still here.

It's still classic halo, old music, we need to fight line, classic chief again which is good. Trailer wasn't that bad.

I still think last year, the graphics for e3 2018 looked better and i didn't like the cartoonish and plastic look this year but it's still classic halo and old art style but i hope they change the graphics and not look like plastic.

I'm still hyped for halo infinite next year.
I'm genuinely confused about why people are complaining. If anything, it reminds me of the in-game graphics for Halo 2 Anniversary (campaign), and I haven't heard anyone complaining about those graphics.
AMA4N wrote:
Some people in this website hated the trailer for Infinite and said they are done with halo and 343 forever.

I can agree e3 was not good but many wanted old art style back and it's still here.

I still think last year, the graphics for e3 2018 looked better and i didn't like the cartoonish and plastic look this year but it's still classic halo and old art style but i hope they change the graphics and not look like plastic.

Trailer was great apart from Chief armor. 343i need to update this before launching this game.

HALO 4+ Better (Sci-Fi military vibe)

HALO INFINITE- Some sort of protection you wear when taking part in competitive paintball event
- Nintendo Labo crafted cardboard armor

343i need to use the HALO 4 armor design/style and improve on that. I ain't impressed with HALO INFINITE armor design. I knew something wasn't right when the game got announced first.
Echo p q wrote:
I found a quick fix for the graphics that works on most images.
The graphics are uncanny because of two problems:

- The pure white is to blueish
- The gamma is to high

This creates a platic look.

Here are a few tweaked images:

Imgur: Halo infinite E3 2019: Proposition for advanced designs
Looks trash to be honest.

Far better armor...
https://image.redbull.com/rbcom/010/2014-07-11/1331664388629_2/0100/0/1/halo-4-master-chief.jpg
shaydoken wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

Trailer was great apart from Chief armor. 343i need to update this before launching this game.

HALO INFINITE- Some sort of protection you wear when taking part in competitive paintball event

343i need to use the HALO 4 armor design/style and improve on that. I ain't impressed with HALO INFINITE armor design. I knew something wasn't right when the game got announced first.
I think chief's armor looks great, looks better than halo 4 and 5. To be honest, id rather have a good game then graphics but I think graphics will change. Most of us wanted classic armor and we got it back
Yea, looking back on it I honestly don't get why everybody seems so hyped about the pilot. I really don't care for the cliche holographic child and wife which is almost a trope in current sci-fi. The pilot even seemed a bit cringe lol with his name being Echo like Foe Hammer and bouncing up and down. People have been saying he's like Johnson and but I don't see a single similarity. Youtubers are jumping the shark like they always do and fanboys are seeming forgiving about a company which has had near nothing but mediocrity and failures to date.

Last years E3 got me way more interested as stuff actually happened in it. This years trailer to me missed the badass mark and just seemed like a nostalgia cash in.

343 seems to want to tell "human stories" which has me worried because I never cared about things like Cortana and Chiefs weird fanfic style romance in halo 4 and being brutally honest the emotional cr*p has lead to some of the lamest stories in the halo franchise in my opinion.

I dig Chiefs look though and old art directions back so that's got me intrigued.
Of course not, a certain subset of people are just having a fit, particularly some of those who liked 343's previous art direction. A fair few of the complaints are hyperbolic to say the least. The words "plastic", "lime-green", and "cartoony" have already been abused so thoroughly as to have lost all meaning.

I mean was it disapointing to have no gameplay or news about gameplay? Sure, but honestly all I need to know is whether or not sprint is in game to temper my expectations accordingly.

For my part, the visuals and sound look good so far and given that's all we have to go off of there isn't really that much to talk about. If you like more "classic" inspired art direction, you are probably fine with what you have seen, but I think some folks in the advanced mobility crowd might be the tiniest bit shaken by all the "classic" aesthetic being front and center.

Its all terribly amusing to witness.
Yea, looking back on it I honestly don't get why everybody seems so hyped about the pilot. I really don't care for the cliche holographic child and wife which is almost a trope in current sci-fi. The pilot even seemed a bit cringe lol with his name being Echo like Foe Hammer and bouncing up and down. People have been saying he's like Johnson and but I don't see a single similarity. Youtubers are jumping the shark like they always do and fanboys are seeming forgiving about a company which has had near nothing but mediocrity and failures to date.

Last years E3 got me way more interested as stuff actually happened in it. This years trailer to me missed the badass mark and just seemed like a nostalgia cash in.

343 seems to want to tell "human stories" which has me worried because I never cared about things like Cortana and Chiefs weird fanfic style romance in halo 4 and being brutally honest the emotional cr*p has lead to some of the lamest stories in the halo franchise in my opinion.

I dig Chiefs look though and old art directions back so that's got me intrigued.
pilot was there and about his wife nd family is there just to set an emotional tone, problems halo 5's is that there was barely any emotion scenes, it didn't even continue halo 4 properly. His family won't be in the game i think but there was a reason why they put it in.

Game isn't out yet so we will have to see
18 months out and you expect game-play? They are still designing and creating and having discussions about mechanics , any game-play shown would be subject to major changes and would have to be viewed with so many grains of salt as to make it useless.
I don't have much faith in 343 but we all have to be realistic about this , give them time , let them know what you think of what ever material they release , and wait to see what comes of it. If you have any reservations what so ever wait until the game releases (I highly recommend this any way , pre-ordering is giving money for nothing) and listen to your favorite/most trusted influencers and hear what they have to say before making a decision. Speak with your wallets people , it's the only language companies understand.
The classic art style is what makes Halo great! I don't care for the art style of Halo 4 or 5, but the games are good. The art style in Halo 5 looks too shiny and plastic like. I love how Halo 2 anniversary looks and Halo 3 is probably the best looking out of all the Halo games. I rather see lower resolution graphics, but smoother game play when playing in large groups in customs and big team! Nothing ruins a game party like lag does!
master chiefs arms look a little to short too

i fixed it:

https://ibb.co/pjYPMkG

i fixed the color too.
now he looks like he could trade punches with the doomslayer.
The classic art style is what makes Halo great! I don't care for the art style of Halo 4 or 5, but the games are good. The art style in Halo 5 looks too shiny and plastic like. I love how Halo 2 anniversary looks and Halo 3 is probably the best looking out of all the Halo games. I rather see lower resolution graphics, but smoother game play when playing in large groups in customs and big team! Nothing ruins a game party like lag does!
yeah, and I loved HW2's art style as well.
I don't think it looks bad at all, I'm actually quite excited. I get that we've all been anticipating what is coming after seeing last year's trailer, but people's expectations are too high at this point.

Now that we know the release date, we're gonna get another E3 next year, which will most likely show more story and gameplay.

With last year's trailer, combined with this year's, I am definitely hyped and can't wait to see more.
shaydoken wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

I have never seen anyone wear armor like that for a competitive paintball event...
343 listened to its fans and went with classic style art direction that we have been asking for since Halo 4. Now, I did like Halo 4/5 armor for Chief. I just like the classic better.
I feel some people are being way too picky. Yes I can understand that people want certain things too come back but from what I can tell if the game doesn't look EXACTLY like halo 3 then people don't give it a chance. It doesn't need too be exactly like halo 3 too be a good game people.
classic is better, we wanted classic to happen for years and it happened which is good
Echo p q wrote:
master chiefs arms look a little to short too

i fixed it:

https://ibb.co/pjYPMkG

i fixed the color too.
now he looks like he could trade punches with the doomslayer.
You nailed it, I knew the arms looked slightly off.
Trailer just feels creatively dead to me.

Yes it has chief, and hope, and art style, and a halo. But I buy a new thing to be something new and different from the old thing. I'm not complaining about the old art style itself, just it gave me nothing to be interested in. Its like if star wars is stuck showing luke blowing up deathstars.

It just needed like a hook. Halo 2 had a burning earth, halo 3 had a desolate earth and a weird forerunner thing that ended up being a portal, halo 4 had requiem, halo 5 had the whole mystery traitor stuff. It doesn't need to spoil the story, but it needed something to capture my imagination.

Instead it just made me feel like playing halo:ce again.
its literally identical to the halo 3 armour wtf??
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3