Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Does halo Infinite look really that bad?

OP AMA4N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
GUYS! this is an engine demo trailer they still are working on it for a year or two eventually it may look like the first traler
The reason it was disappointing was because we did not learn anything more than we did last year at E3.
The reason it was disappointing was because we did not learn anything more than we did last year at E3.
Yeah. One could say how much you liked the trailer this year depends on how much you like brohammer.
SPARTON003 wrote:
GUYS! this is an engine demo trailer they still are working on it for a year or two eventually it may look like the first traler
Are you referring to the E3 2019 trailer we just saw ? If so, it's not an engine demo, it is in fact part of the opening cinematic for Halo Infinite.
Sometimes this community really is a bunch of grumpy cats if you ask me. Granted: I'd also prefer to see gameplay at E3 but on second watch you start to notice details in the trailer that really show off the new engine. It's the little things in movement, the way Chief goes for the AR etc. Everything is crisp and clear, back to a H2 aesthetic if you ask me. In fact, it all screams 'early Halo' to me. Down to the 'plasticy' look that is very H2/3.
It's 2019 already, don’t use classic or retro for the reason. 343 should aim for the future, let 4K60 MCC for those classic players.
I'm happy with the current look of Halo Infinite, I will admit that both trailers did look a little "cartoonish" as opposed to the past Halos, but like people were saying in the earlier posts on this thread, they're most likely still tweaking things and improving them. Plus they're using a new Engine for this game. I'm really glad that they brought back the old armor design from the original trilogy too. I didn't really like the bulky power ranger armor from Halo 4 and 5 b/c it didn't feel that much like Halo. I just really hope that the actual game mechanics are more similar to the classic Halo feel. Halo is Halo and nothing else, it shouldn't be trying to be a game that it's not by using mechanics from other games like it did in Halo 4 and 5 with the wall running, kill streaks and gimmicky armor abilities. I really hope that 343i isn't going to make it into a games as service type game either.
Terg500 wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
I think it was bad cgi. Should of been gameplay tbh
*should have

And the trailer said that the cutscene was rendered in the engine and for that it looked pretty good to me.
I'll never get that right when I'm high...
X19Doug95 wrote:
Terg500 wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
I think it was bad cgi. Should of been gameplay tbh
*should have

And the trailer said that the cutscene was rendered in the engine and for that it looked pretty good to me.
I'll never get that right when I'm high...
It's an opening sequence and i already like it. Good writing and good character.
AMA4N wrote:
Some people in this website hated the trailer for Infinite and said they are done with halo and 343 forever.

I can agree e3 was not good but many wanted old art style back and it's still here.

It's still classic halo, old music, we need to fight line, classic chief again which is good. Trailer wasn't that bad.

I still think last year, the graphics for e3 2018 looked better and i didn't like the cartoonish and plastic look this year but it's still classic halo and old art style but i hope they change the graphics and not look like plastic.

I'm still hyped for halo infinite next year.
People have been claiming this since Reach....not sure how they can judge the entire game with not a single clip of game-play, yet the story trailer seemed fine.
E3 was ok....but once again....people are always complaining about e3 being not their favourite since it's impossible to please everyone.

No idea what you mean by cartoonish or plastic since neither looked anything like it so that makes no sense.
It doesn't look bad.
Bugger all wrong with the trailer, although I am curious to see how 343i are going to justify this newest iteration of Chief's Mjolnir, or if we're supposed to just ignore it, the way we ignore James Bond's constantly changing appearance.
ronnie42 wrote:
AMA4N wrote:
Some people in this website hated the trailer for Infinite and said they are done with halo and 343 forever.

I can agree e3 was not good but many wanted old art style back and it's still here.

It's still classic halo, old music, we need to fight line, classic chief again which is good. Trailer wasn't that bad.

I still think last year, the graphics for e3 2018 looked better and i didn't like the cartoonish and plastic look this year but it's still classic halo and old art style but i hope they change the graphics and not look like plastic.

People have been claiming this since Reach....not sure how they can judge the entire game with not a single clip of game-play, yet the story trailer seemed fine.
E3 was ok....but once again....people are always complaining about e3 being not their favourite since it's impossible to please everyone.

No idea what you mean by cartoonish or plastic since neither looked anything like it so that makes no sense.
maybe its just the ship but cant wait to see inside the halo ring, it's going to look beautiful. I don't care about graphics much though but just want them to focus on story and multiplayer more.
AMA4N wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

maybe its just the ship but cant wait to see inside the halo ring, it's going to look beautiful. I don't care about graphics much though but just want them to focus on story and multiplayer more.
Yeh sort of agree. I do care about graphics since it does look beautiful but yeh wanting to see more of the game-play but I guess I want to hold off on story info for a bit since want to go into legendary play-through on my first go on solo, be surprised with the story...though I'm curious when there going to start the 'Infinite flight program' since all future Halo games were supposed to have them so I'm guessing some time later this year so they can get enough feedback, been able to use the feedback well before launch.
Echo p q wrote:
master chiefs arms look a little to short too

i fixed it:

https://ibb.co/pjYPMkGi fixed the color too.
now he looks like he could trade punches with the doomslayer.
the arms looked short because they were bent and we were seeing them from a frontal/head-on perspective.
I’m okay with it, I wished they used Halo 2A graphics in my honest opinion
I guess it depends on your perspective/opinion
Trailer just feels creatively dead to me.

Yes it has chief, and hope, and art style, and a halo. But I buy a new thing to be something new and different from the old thing. I'm not complaining about the old art style itself, just it gave me nothing to be interested in. Its like if star wars is stuck showing luke blowing up deathstars.

It just needed like a hook. Halo 2 had a burning earth, halo 3 had a desolate earth and a weird forerunner thing that ended up being a portal, halo 4 had requiem, halo 5 had the whole mystery traitor stuff. It doesn't need to spoil the story, but it needed something to capture my imagination.

Instead it just made me feel like playing halo:ce again.
halo infinite has the broken ring???
I actually initially thought the Chief looked a little cartoonish, but then I realized what I was looking at and remembered what Halo should be. Now that scene where the helmet was revealed in the 2018 trailer is my desktop background and it looks great! My thought is, since it is going to be Holiday 2020 before it is released, that it was an early concept and may not have been fully rendered? I don't know that was my first impression but now when I look at it, I see the details which make it look a lot better. The pain chips, the Warthog reflected in the mask, the scratches on the mask. It all loooks sooooooooo goooooooood.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3