Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Does South-Africa finally have servers?

OP KaiGin3344

I'm one of many Africans that have been playing halo since childhood. We are used to playing halo on 200+ ping, but I was astounded when my friends and I played Halo Infinite flighting and got between 15-60 ping on three separate pvp matches for the first time ever. I was dumbfounded and the low latency felt amazing. I just need confirmation on this matter, does Africa finally have Servers??
As a fellow South African here who played with 3 other locals during the Infinite Flights. We pulled local servers quite a few times (5ms Ping) and played against other South Africans in these matches.
Looks very likely that we will see local servers in Infinite.

No one from 343 has clarified if this was a fluke or not yet but was amazing playing on low ping.

Just a note for any locals that do jump in here, I run Halo South Africa. A local Halo community, we have a Discord server and twitter account at @Halo_ZA.
If you guys want to join us and stay up to date with local tournaments and news etc please reach out to me.
I hope you have dedicated servers. Every Halo community deserves to have dedicated servers.
KaiGin3344 wrote:
I'm one of many Africans that have been playing halo since childhood. We are used to playing halo on 200+ ping, but I was astounded when my friends and I played Halo Infinite flighting and got between 15-60 ping on three separate pvp matches for the first time ever. I was dumbfounded and the low latency felt amazing. I just need confirmation on this matter, does Africa finally have Servers??
I read that there are Azure data centres in Johannesburg and Cape Town. Linked here.
That's correct, here is a link where you can test latency to them. Azure Latency Test - Azure Speed Test: https://www.azurespeed.com/Azure/Latency
eviltedi wrote:
KaiGin3344 wrote:
I read that there are Azure data centres in Johannesburg and Cape Town. Linked here.
Yay. Let's go now I can do proper melee attacks without getting one in return XD even though I clearly dodged
KaiGin3344 wrote:
Hell yeah, bro, hope 343 can find it in their hearts to spin up a Halo server for us here, MS Azure in Johannesburg already does hosting for some games!
I unofficially found out that we do in fact have local servers! So this is gonna be amazing.
Yskas8345 wrote:
KaiGin3344 wrote:
Hell yeah, bro, hope 343 can find it in their hearts to spin up a Halo server for us here, MS Azure in Johannesburg already does hosting for some games!