Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] Does this confirm a Nov 17th release?

OP Axiios

Hey fam, as many of you may be aware of. Assassin’s Cred: Valhalla was leaked via a promotional ad online earlier this week. The ad set the game to release on November 17th.

Does perhaps confirm Halo’s release date as well as the XSX (since they are launching together)

I personally can’t see a new AC creed launching in November without a brand new console to go along with it.
It doesn’t confirm it by any means. Correct me if I’m wrong but the game is being released on current generation consoles as well. It might be a hints the general release time but I wouldn’t take it as « confirmation ».
I remember a friend showing me the news yesterday. I was skeptical a little but I wouldn't be surprised. The original Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One all came out in November.
No, it doesn't confirm the Infinite release date.

There is a good chance that Ubisoft doesn't even know what the exact launch date for the Series X will be yet.
11/17 would be fitting but not as fitting as 11/7
It doesn't confirm it but it does give us a good idea as to when console + Infinite are coming out. I can't see Ubisoft releasing the game before the actual next gen consoles come out, given that they are really showing off this game for series x (despite being cross gen as well). If they did release it before the XSX, that would be extremely confusing for the consumer given that they're marketing it alongside the XSX. Even if its a week's difference between each other's releases, I think that would be a big misstep for Ubisoft.

If what I'm saying is true I'd say the console (and thus Infinite) would be coming out the 17th at the latest. If not that date then we could very possibly see a XSX + Infinite release even sooner than we thought. I don't see them releasing in October, however, so my bets are on early-mid November.
I believe it's clearly said Valhalla launches that day on xbox one, PS4 and PC. And with Smart Delivery (buy the game digitally on One, free upgrade to XSX) being explicitly mentioned first in combination of Valhalla it is very clear the XSX and PS5 will launch at a later date.

Expect an early December launch at best.
DonVinzone wrote:
I believe it's clearly said Valhalla launches that day on xbox one, PS4 and PC. And with Smart Delivery (buy the game digitally on One, free upgrade to XSX) being explicitly mentioned first in combination of Valhalla it is very clear the XSX and PS5 will launch at a later date.

There’s 0 chance Sony & MS would launch a console in December. It would be October or November
It doesn't 100% confirm a release date on November 7th, but I can see what you are getting at. Valhalla will most likely launch for the Xbox One consoles, and then have the optimization update for Series X owners. They haven't announced that Valhalla is a launch title, so Series X and Halo (which launch at the same time) will either release on that day or later in the year. Very small possibility that it would be earlier, especially since 343 has to do flights.
Axiios wrote:
DonVinzone wrote:

There’s 0 chance Sony & MS would launch a console in December. It would be October or November
I don't see end of November or early December being a bad release date, especially since the holiday would be coming up.
Axiios wrote:
DonVinzone wrote:

I don't see end of November or early December being a bad release date, especially since the holiday would be coming up.
No console has ever released in December. People do holiday shopping in November
Axiios wrote:
Axiios wrote:
DonVinzone wrote:

No console has ever released in December. People do holiday shopping in November
No console has ever launched during a world wide pandemic such as now which has impacted production of...everything in the world. Normal 'rules' don't apply this year.

Beside that you can't take the release date of a game and say that's the launch for XSX. Their unrelated things. You could just as easily say Valhalla launching Nov 17th means PS5 on that date as well...but no XSX.
I was thinking the same exact thing. The 17th is a date I said at this topic and the most likely date of release. A console needs to launch with several games. Not just one. Halo will be the main one. But there needs to be at least 3 to 5 games that also launch. Halo Infinite, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, and potentially a new Mechassault will be launch titles. I completely agree with the 17th. Not to mention it is only 2 days after Xbox's Birthday. It cannot launch on the 3rd (Election Day USA.) It shouldn't launch on the 24th (pushing too close to Thanksgiving USA.) and another US holiday (Veterans Day) is on the week of the 8th. So, the 10th is unlikely as well. October is too early and December is too late. August will be the release date/price announcement.

Edit:
Axiios above said no console has released in December.

PlayStation 1 did. Released December 3rd, 1994. :)

Quote:
While fitting, the 7th is a Saturday. Not going to happen.

Quote:
I remember a friend showing me the news yesterday. I was skeptical a little but I wouldn't be surprised. The original Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One all came out in November.
Only the Xbox One S has not come in November. All other Xbox consoles have released in November.

Quote:
No console since the PS1 has released in December. It is way too late for Christmas shopping. It must come before Black Friday and Cyber Monday USA and England.
If you assume Asscreed is a launch title. Otherwise, nope.
they should sooooooo do that or maybe announce a halo themed xsx
Axiios wrote:
I personally can’t see a new AC creed launching in November without a brand new console to go along with it.
Why not ? AC Valhalla is a cross gen release. As others have stated it was announced for XB1, PS4 and PC. They did not state XSX or PS5.
Assassin's Creed Black Flag launched on the 360 and PS3 a month before the Xbox One and PS4 launched.
Especially when considering smart delivery, I don't see why AC Valhalla must launch alongside a new console.