Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Don't get the wrong idea about the AR.

OP Alta Fuzz

I've noticed that some people are confused about the AR. Many seem to think that it is the same model that was seen in Reach, and while nothing is confirmed, I don't think this is the case.

I think it's an upgraded model of the version we saw in Reach. I know it looks very similar but upgrades can go beyond looks. The AR is a very diverse platform and I don't see a canonical reason why different units in the UNSC wouldn't be armed with different variations of the same platform. What do you guys think?
I think it wouldn't be far off to assume it's the reach AR. Lots of the other equipment was from previous games. Even the pilot's helmet and patch were Halo 3. We'll just have to wait and see!
Alta Fuzz wrote:
I've noticed that some people are confused about the AR. Many seem to think that it is the same model that was seen in Reach, and while nothing is confirmed, I don't think this is the case.

I think it's an upgraded model of the version we saw in Reach. I know it looks very similar but upgrades can go beyond looks. The AR is a very diverse platform and I don't see a canonical reason why different units in the UNSC wouldn't be armed with different variations of the same platform. What do you guys think?
I see it is a different model but most of it is based on the Reach AR. I hope you are right and there are more versions out there, because the Reach AR is my least favorite one.
Its the MA37B XD
No but seriously though, Im pretty sure it is just a better-poly count MA37. Would make sense if the pilot was Army.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Given that Chief's armour looks very similar to his GEN I Mk IV, maybe the UNSC felt like going retro.
Given that Chief's armour looks very similar to his GEN I Mk IV, maybe the UNSC felt like going retro.
That's because the armor is a confirmed product of GEN III. Gen III aims into replicating Gen I's design while incorporating the lessons learned and features of Gen II.
That's because the armor is a confirmed product of GEN III. Gen III aims into replicating Gen I's design while incorporating the lessons learned and features of Gen II.
I made the comment in jest.
As long as te AR lets me shoot things I'm cool , if I don't care for it I'll swap it quick smart .
Could be a revised MA37 variant we haven't seen yet. I think having an MA37 and an MA5D in game wouldnt be a stretch. Especially if the tone of the story is humanity on the brink. Theyd be scrounging for whatever weapons and equipment are available to them.
Alta Fuzz wrote:

It's still a design chosen, based on it being a "fan favorite design", over a lore-based reason. Just like how the "Marines" instead look just like Halo: Reach's "Army" soldiers. I'm still hoping both of these are evidence of the Army somehow, but that's doubtful.
The MA37 was one of "If not" the original UNSC modular assault rifle with the ammo counter/compass being able to detach and be replaced by a scope. Its a wonder 343 dint just use the ma37 as there new flagship AR as the MA37 was known for its ability to accept scopes and weapon mounted objects as opposed to the MA5 series and its compatible targeting eyepiece and other high tech equipment. The MA37 and many weapons im sure we could see again as im sure resources are thin for the UNSC with the universe seemingly under Cortanas thumb at this point in the series, Seemingly once again putting humanity on the ropes again.

But its nice to see the MA37 series back looks really good if that really is a MA37 at all.