Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Drop Wall Design

OP spartenbob117

I really liked the look of what was shown yesterday, but one thing that didn't really fit imo was the way the drop wall looked. I think it would look a lot more 'Halo' if it was composed of hexagons like the bubble shield (sort of like the effect that we saw from the pickup that deflects incoming projectiles) instead of the rectangular sections.

I also think that being able to shoot through it from the inside is a bit odd, I think it would be cool if sections opened up and exposed the person shooting from the inside.
I also think that being able to shoot through it from the inside is a bit odd, I think it would be cool if sections opened up and exposed the person shooting from the inside.
Overall I’m really pleased with what they’ve shown so far but this is one of the few worries I have. Equipment in Halo 3 didn’t play sides, it affected everyone equally. Sure the bubble shield kept bullets out, but it kept them in too. Regen could heal enemies and power drainers could hurt friends. It seems like the drop wall, tracer dart, and deflector don’t really come with any risks to using them. This isn’t turning me off from the game or anything but I am curious to see how they pan out balance-wise in matches.