Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Drop Wall* seems weak af

OP Feirsteax

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What if for the drop wall they instead of making it more damage resistant they made it just like a one way mirror for the visuals just like the shooting. So basically the person deploying it sees through the drop wall as it currently is and can shoot through it. The person on the other side has an mirrored or opaque surface to obstruct their view from the defender. It would become more of a concealment than cover for a defender.
Pro tip for anyone who was having trouble using the wall effectively.

If you strafe back and forth behind the wall while you're firing on an enemy, it becomes a lot stronger. You're essentially suggesting the enemies damage overt multiple panels, and they take longer to break
Personally I would like to see the original campaign footage drop wall back, it was nice and big, took more firepower to deplete and in general looked better
IMO, the drop shield needs to work more like Halo 3's deployable cover, since its not quite a bubble shield. The deployable cover worked the same way; you dropped it on the ground and you could shoot through but the enemy couldn't. Also you couldn't walk through it. I think if the drop wall was a bit stronger (not much) and was also a physical barrier that you couldn't walk through that would improve it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By0eHrrNM4c
Another improvement could be that if the panels don't take damage for a few seconds the regenerate. Also if you want to destroy the whole wall you just grenade the thing or shoot the shield generator. I don't like that. I think the generator piece of the drop wall should be behind the wall or at least take more damage.
I'm down for drop wall buffs.

The first thing they need to do is get rid of it's weak spot. One grenade or 2 BR shots takes the whole wall down instantly and it just makes it feel like there is no point.

Secondly, the different cells need just a bit more health. Their health should be about what the weak spot's health is now, needing two BR bursts to disable per-cell.

The main reason to use a Drop Wall should be to combat multiple players at a time. Right now it feels like it barely even gives you an upper hand against one. Buffs like this would definitely increase its value.
Agreed. It should increase bullet damage from the inside and have a little more health.
doesnt seem. It is weak af.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2