Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Dual Wield

OP SoupLoopss

Dual wielding... ONLY in campaign to prevent balancing issues.
Think it should be in everything except for competitive modes (ranked)
I don't think dual-wielding is needed for Infinite, Reach, ODST, CE, 4, AND 5 don't have dual-wielding. And guess what, all of their gameplay is fun and balanced, even in multiplayer.
TADReal wrote:
I don't think dual-wielding is needed for Infinite, Reach, ODST, CE, 4, AND 5 don't have dual-wielding. And guess what, all of their gameplay is fun and balanced, even in multiplayer.
but....but.....dual sidekicks. I need that Spartan John Wick moment.
TADReal wrote:
I agree, duel wielding, while a fun mechanic, was always a broken mess for multiplayer reducing weapons too only make them useful for duel wielding.
As cool as I think dual wielding is, I think i would do without it just fine tbh, like the last halo four mainline halo games didn't have it and I was pretty much ok with it. More features in gameplay are always a plus though, so I really agree with this.
I think we can all be sure that there will be a dual wield mod once infinite is released
Just because it isn't competitive doesn't mean that they don't also balance the story game modes. The campaign sandbox is probably even more complicated than the multiplayer one.
Mongerty wrote:
Just because it isn't competitive doesn't mean that they don't also balance the story game modes. The campaign sandbox is probably even more complicated than the multiplayer one.
That is a very good point - the H5 balancing made the campaign harder which is why separating them was so important
mmm no, I do not see the need to implement that even in the campaign, several games do not use this mechanic and ... they are fun
Dual wielding never felt that fun to me, so no dual wielding in infinite makes sense to me if it's about sandbox/weapon balance.
Halo Infinite will be released to PC so expect to have a dual wield mod for some fun in campaing and custom. But I'm not for dual wields in vanilla as it's complicated to balance.
Campaign, Firefight, Custom Games and limited social playlists.
Not that hard to add without worrying too much on the balancing side. Just keep it out of ranked and don't make it overly busted.
Neither duel wielding nor playable elites would be a waste of resources, just don't allow them in ranked. I can't believe it this hard.
But if no duel wielding then Playable Elites should at least make a return.

How would something not be worth putting resources in on launch if it was in every mode except ranked? Either 343i is thinking way too much about competitive play again and forgot what made H3 so popular or, they really don't have time and are fighting an uphill battle in terms of development and crunch.
Well dual wielding can be fun. Devs should probably add this and if anyone want to use it he uses it.
Yeah I think this is the way to do it, In my opinion Halo 2 did dual wield really well for campaign, but Halo 3 did it rather badly because they focused on balancing it for mp. Just don't have it in mp.
You're supposed to have twice the power with 2 weapons, in exchange of not being able to use some mechanics. Halo 3 did it so that would would have less power without 2 weapons instead, at that point there is no reason to have it at all anymore.
It did not break the campaigns weapon balancing in Halo 2.
i hope it is in campaign. keep it out of MP and balance the weapons for no dual wielding in MP, but put it in campaign (maybe only in just a few levels) and let us go nuts with it (but please no scripted parts)
I actually don't care about dual wielding. I'd rather have playable elites.