Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Dynamic Master Chief armor

OP mlove113

I think it’d be really cool if over the course of Halo Infinite, Master Chief’s armor becomes more scratched and dirtied. I got this idea from the Arkham series, where Batman’s suit gets torn as the game progresses.

I think Halo 5 did something similar with Chief’s visor getting cracked, but it’d be so dope to see a more realistic depiction of his armor’s wear/tear in the new Slipspace Engine.
Yeah I liked that bit of detail in Arkham, wouldn't mind it in Infinite if it's there. Would look cool in cutscenes.
Though there could be 2 options for it.

First is story related wear & tear like the mark on the chest of Chiefs Mark VI or as there was also a mark in Batmans chest due to storyrelated reasons in Batman Arkham City.

I would see that as better option based on that it would be more in the line of canon progression, even if it's a little thing. Also it just requires less variations in character models on cutscenes & various 3rd person scenarios like carrying a turret or driving a vehicle.

Other would be gameplay related reasons which includes adding wear & tear when you get hit to create various different markings depending on the type of damage, though I doubt it would be on the specific spot.
But I think this would be the lesser option for aforementioned reasons.

Though I would like to avoid such damage as cracked visor as it would limit the battlefield options for the rest of the game in case of environment. Other notable,preferably avoidable, damage type would be a tear on undersuit.
That'd be cool, I loved that little detail in the Arkham games. Speaking of Arkham, I believe an ex dev is now in a main role at 343i so hey maybe he brought that idea over.
I love this kind of thing. The visual element of wear and tear over the course of a grueling story is an awesome way to help drive home the point. I first came to love this in the Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies, where the Spider-Man suit absolutely got shredded by the end of the last act. I'm very much on board for the idea of Chief's armor getting dented, scuffed, and cracked in places as he fights the battle of his life over the course of Infinite.
It sounds like a cool idea, but it works better for those games because they're played in 3rd person most of the time.
It sounds like a cool idea, but it works better for those games because they're played in 3rd person most of the time.
Good point! But I think it’d still look cool in cutscenes/co-op.
If the Theater feature was in the game, you would be able to see it pretty well.
If the Theater feature was in the game, you would be able to see it pretty well.
I hadn’t even thought about that, but you’re right! Would make for some awesome screenshots.