Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

E3 and Halo: Infinite

OP HaloBungie343I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
E3 announced, I believe yesterday, the show will be digital one last time before returning to in-person next year. I guess this virus is finally coming to a close with the vaccines out. So, E3 2021 dates are June 12th to 15th, 2021.

Normally, Microsoft holds their conference the Sunday before.

Also normally, E3 is on a Wednesday to Saturday....
This year, it is on a Saturday to Tuesday. Which kind of makes things weird.

So, how does this tie in with Halo: Infinite? Expect 343 Industries and Xbox to finally give us a new release date at Xbox's E3 Briefing.

I expect Xbox's E3 Briefing to be one of two days.
June 6th or June 13th. Depending on how they approach The Electronics Entertainment Expo's dates. I think June 6th is most likely if they
A) Want to have their briefing before E3's dates
B) Want to continue to be on a Sunday

I expect PlayStation's to be the same day 1 hour after Xbox. It is, in my opinion, unprofessional to host a competitive E3 Briefing at the same time. Especially when a large protion of the userbase (like me) watches and plays on both Xbox and PlayStation.

So, to simplify this extremely long thread,

• Xbox E3 is most likely the first week of June.
  • Halo: Infinite release date is most likely going to show up
  • Beta Announcement also likely
  • Alpha Playtest (if this route is chosen) for Xbox/Halo Insiders possible announcement
Next month's Iniside Infinite should be the final one before a major info dump at E3.

Disclaimers:
I am not a leaker. Not an insider. These comments in this thread are my own thoughts and opinions. I make no guarentee to their accuracy or reliability. I am no Klobrille. I am no Brad Sams. Just pretty good at predicting things :P
Probably a release date, more information on campaign and multiplayer, and more be released on Infinite at E3. My question is just how much will 343 release between now and E3?
You play PlayStation?? Everything you say is lies then.
E3 announced, I believe yesterday, the show will be digital one last time before returning to in-person next year. I guess this virus is finally coming to a close with the vaccines out. So, E3 2021 dates are June 12th to 15th, 2021.

So, how does this tie in with Halo: Infinite? Expect 343 Industries and Xbox to finally give us a new release date at Xbox's E3 Briefing.

June 6th or June 13th. Depending on how they approach The Electronics Entertainment Expo's dates. I think June 6th is most likely if they

I expect PlayStation's to be the same day 1 hour after Xbox. It is, in my opinion, unprofessional to host a competitive E3 Briefing at the same time. Especially when a large protion of the userbase (like me) watches and plays on both Xbox and PlayStation.

• Alpha Playtest (if this route is chosen) for Xbox/Halo Insiders possible announcement
Next month's Iniside Infinite should be the final one before a major info dump at E3.

Disclaimers:
I am not a leaker. Not an insider. These comments in this thread are my own thoughts and opinions. I make no guarentee to their accuracy or reliability. I am no Klobrille. I am no Brad Sams. Just pretty good at predicting things :P
Sunday always made sense for the MS show on the basis that: get ahead of the news cycle, people watching remotely would be off work mostly, fewer sports fixtures to contend with.

Lots of that logic still holds true so it's up in the air what they prioritise. Part of me thinks they'll go for the Friday evening.

I doubt Infinite will announce either and Alpha or a Beta. Halo Insider Programme has been established for a while now and shows that they've got a much more advanced flighting set up. I think E3 will see a call to arms for more sign ups, sure, but I don't think it will be an Alpha/Beta announcement in the traditional sense
We’re almost there. Just gotta wait. I hope they have the beta this summer for us to play test but I’m so hyped for E3 which is already about 9 weeks away.
I’m ashamed to say that I’m excited for Infinite’s marketing to kick in.
Halo always has good marketing, regardless of how good the game is (See Hunt The Truth). I want trailers, gameplay, music, and little lore tidbits which hint at what the game is about.
E3 is a fun time to forget the negatives of games and just enjoy watching devs talk about their last few years of a work, it’s fun and inspiring and I was sad so see it missing last year.
Back to Reddit with you, kiddo.
E3 will be much better this year.

All the companies, including 343, will have had the time and space to plan for an online event.

The general quality of the trailers and demos should be a lot higher.
I think we will most likely see another gameplay footage from the upcoming Halo Infinite especially the campaign levels. At the same time, I also think that we will get another Halo Infinite trailer including getting an official release date.
I was very excited when they announced E3 was back this year in June. I figured everyone was gonna do their own event again which had me assuming Xbox was gonna do it later again in July or maybe even August considering they must be pretty tight for planning with the Bethesda show to incorporate now. I'm hoping for a mp reveal, release date, and beta announcement with a date. Besides Halo though I REALLY hope they show off Avowed, Fable, and Starfield gameplay, those are my 3 most anticipated games.

Sony is most likely not going to attend E3 like they haven't for the last few years, I'm sure they'll do their own event some time around there though.
I think we will most likely see another gameplay footage from the upcoming Halo Infinite especially the campaign levels. At the same time, I also think that we will get another Halo Infinite trailer including getting an official release date.
Yeah I'm expecting gameplay footage, I'm betting they'll put something out to try and gain back the ground they lost last year. I imagine it will be a very pointed presentation to say "hey look, we fixed it!"

Doubtful that it will fill in much about the campaign story. Likely will show off at least one novelty new feature or vehicle.
Yeah I'm expecting gameplay footage, I'm betting they'll put something out to try and gain back the ground they lost last year. I imagine it will be a very pointed presentation to say "hey look, we fixed it!"

Doubtful that it will fill in much about the campaign story. Likely will show off at least one novelty new feature or vehicle.
I also assume that there will be some sort of multiplayer reveal as well. I mean the games been in development and we've seen more campaign footage and pictures than multplayer, and especially with multiplayer being free to play it has to have a good amount of content to cater to larger player numbers due to free to play, since whether or not the game flops or blows up, there's still going to be a large player base since its free to play.
If I was a betting man;

1. A new trailer.

2. Another Campaign demo - specifically designed to squash the concerns from last year.

3. A carefully curated montage of multiplayer clips - with a flighting announcement / date.

4. A glimpse of Forge.
Check out my proposed timeline for stuff to go down:

increased halo waypoint emails, silence from 343 about this month’s inside infinite update, we get the beta for multiplayer this month through may.

At E3 we dive in to the campaign more, and it’s actually incredible and interesting. They show a much more improved forge and theatre mode as well as enhancements for pro players, like theatre showing things accurately.

They use the beta from May to drive tuning changes before launch in November.

All indications are that Sony is skipping E3 again. I would expect that they will hold their own event a week before or after, when they can have all the limelight they want.

They have NEVER done it the same day though, even when they were attending E3 or having adjacent conferences.
Crossin my fingers they show footage of knockin enemies off the ring.
I leave home for a few days, and look what happens.... This won't take long.

C0RRuPTT wrote:
Probably a release date, more information on campaign and multiplayer, and more be released on Infinite at E3. My question is just how much will 343 release between now and E3?
Pretty confident we will be hearing from the multiplayer team in April's Inside Infinite and the Voice Actors in May. We already heard from Campaign, Music, and Sound. Makes sense to hear from multiplayer teams. Maybe even the Forge Team.

I play both. My preference is Xbox or PC depending on the genre. Multiplayer FPS is Xbox, Casual and RPG (Minecraft, Undertale, etc.) I use PC, and I only play PlayStation for their amazing Story based games. If you would like to instigate the BS Console Wars that a majority of gamers really couldn't care less about, I hear Twitter and Reddit welcome those people. Otherwise, keep it to yourself, please.

MorseyBaby wrote:

Disclaimers:
Sunday always made sense for the MS show on the basis that: get ahead of the news cycle, people watching remotely would be off work mostly, fewer sports fixtures to contend with.

Lots of that logic still holds true so it's up in the air what they prioritise. Part of me thinks they'll go for the Friday evening.

I doubt Infinite will announce either and Alpha or a Beta. Halo Insider Programme has been established for a while now and shows that they've got a much more advanced flighting set up. I think E3 will see a call to arms for more sign ups, sure, but I don't think it will be an Alpha/Beta announcement in the traditional sense
There will be an announcement. Whether a closed beta for Insiders happens or it will only be an open beta remains to be seen. An Alpha is possible, albeit, unlikely. We'll see.
I would be surprised for a Friday Evening. But I can see it.

We’re almost there. Just gotta wait. I hope they have the beta this summer for us to play test but I’m so hyped for E3 which is already about 9 weeks away.
Right!? 8 - 9 weeks to go! I think a beta will start in May or June. We'll just have to wait and see!

I’m ashamed to say that I’m excited for Infinite’s marketing to kick in.
Halo always has good marketing, regardless of how good the game is (See Hunt The Truth). I want trailers, gameplay, music, and little lore tidbits which hint at what the game is about.
E3 is a fun time to forget the negatives of games and just enjoy watching devs talk about their last few years of a work, it’s fun and inspiring and I was sad so see it missing last year.
From E3's announcement, it returns to in-person next year! I won't go then. But I am planning to meet some online friends for the first time either at Comicon 2023 or E3 2023! E3 is a great time to finally see and get excited for the games we love!

Halo launches this year. It will be an info dump. Not a trickle. I think the show will dedicate between 8 and 15 minutes towards Halo alone.

I also assume that there will be some sort of multiplayer reveal as well. I mean the games been in development and we've seen more campaign footage and pictures than multplayer, and especially with multiplayer being free to play it has to have a good amount of content to cater to larger player numbers due to free to play, since whether or not the game flops or blows up, there's still going to be a large player base since its free to play.
Again, Info dump! I expect a full on reveal. Everything from Campaign gameplay, story reveal, multiplayer gameplay and/or trailer, Forge reveal, etc. I also think it will be the first thing to start E3 2021. Or it will end it. One of the two.

Darwi wrote:
If I was a betting man;

1. A new trailer.

2. Another Campaign demo - specifically designed to squash the concerns from last year.

3. A carefully curated montage of multiplayer clips - with a flighting announcement / date.

4. A glimpse of Forge.
I think this pretty much sums up my thoughts too.

Check out my proposed timeline for stuff to go down:

increased halo waypoint emails, silence from 343 about this month’s inside infinite update, we get the beta for multiplayer this month through may.

At E3 we dive in to the campaign more, and it’s actually incredible and interesting. They show a much more improved forge and theatre mode as well as enhancements for pro players, like theatre showing things accurately.

They use the beta from May to drive tuning changes before launch in November.
I would be absolutely shocked to see a beta in April. Maybe May. But April? Are you sure?
[Deleted. Double proccessed]
Mongerty wrote:

All indications are that Sony is skipping E3 again. I would expect that they will hold their own event a week before or after, when they can have all the limelight they want.

They have NEVER done it the same day though, even when they were attending E3 or having adjacent conferences.
I miswrote. I meant PlayStations personal event. They won't be participating at E3, sure. But their conference falls in a similar time frame. E3 and a press conference like Xbox E3 <year> Conference are two different events. A press briefing is one to two hours long. E3 is three days long. They are linked but separate. All it means is Sony is having their briefing without the E3 logo. Otherwise, not much else will change. They will have a briefing. Just not an E3 briefing. It may be digital only from now on.

NoBagNebby wrote:
Crossin my fingers they show footage of knockin enemies off the ring.
If they don't we will have YouTube and our own experiences!

OK! I think I got everyone! I have been so busy working I haven't had a chance to check Halo Waypoint and came back to 15 notifications! My goodness!

Unless something drastic comes, my next thread should be about my prediction on Halo's release date. 2nd to last one too.

My current guess is November 4th. But only time will tell.

(Mods, forgive the double post! I ran out of characters in the first one!)

Seems unlikely. Vaccines seem to only protect people for a limited amount of time and the mutations make it harder to protect against. I think this virus situation is going to be with us for a while. If E3 does start doing public events in person then I think it'll probably be limited to how many can enter and only as long as everyone has had vaccines recently. From what I can gather I hear the vaccines may last up to 6 months.

Also suspect 343i might just release E3 limited timed demos on the Xbox store around the time of E3.

Anyway from a Q/A point of view I don't feel like a 2021 release would be wise since they haven't done any major testing with the public and if they don't do anything major testing a year before release then nothing major would get changed so close to a possible 2021 release since testing isn't just about bugs but about finding out what games designs choice work or don't. I'm concerned that Infinite will be rushed out then patched later to fix issues later.

If they do any major testing with the public then they should release it in 2022 or 2021 if it's ok. Releasing in 2021 with barely any testing just makes the company seem a bit overconfident and that's concerning. It's already April and people seem to speculate that it could come in November and that's not much time to fully test a AAA game with no sign of any beta of any kind.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2