Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

E3 and Halo: Infinite

OP HaloBungie343I

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
ronnie42 wrote:
E3 announced, I believe yesterday, the show will be digital one last time before returning to in-person next year. I guess this virus is finally coming to a close with the vaccines out. So, E3 2021 dates are June 12th to 15th, 2021.

Seems unlikely. Vaccines seem to only protect people for a limited amount of time and the mutations make it harder to protect against. I think this virus situation is going to be with us for a while. If E3 does start doing public events in person then I think it'll probably be limited to how many can enter and only as long as everyone has had vaccines recently. From what I can gather I hear the vaccines may last up to 6 months.
The vaccines should last a lot longer than this.

There is a bit of a problem countries that refuse to lock down properly and/or aren't vaccinating... this increases the chances of mutations that may not be covered as well by the current vaccines.

We may end up with a situation where every year we get a booster vaccination that better covers new virulent strains - like the flu shot.

If the US can get it's vaccinations up to 70%+ by June next year there shouldn't be any reason to not hold events like E3 (especially if you have mandotory immunisation records for attendees).

Where I live we are starting to get back to normality with music and sporting events - except for when community cases pop up and lock downs come into effect.
Darwi wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
E3 announced, I believe yesterday, the show will be digital one last time before returning to in-person next year. I guess this virus is finally coming to a close with the vaccines out. So, E3 2021 dates are June 12th to 15th, 2021.

Seems unlikely. Vaccines seem to only protect people for a limited amount of time and the mutations make it harder to protect against. I think this virus situation is going to be with us for a while. If E3 does start doing public events in person then I think it'll probably be limited to how many can enter and only as long as everyone has had vaccines recently. From what I can gather I hear the vaccines may last up to 6 months.
The vaccines should last a lot longer than this.

There is a bit of a problem countries that refuse to lock down properly and/or aren't vaccinating... this increases the chances of mutations that may not be covered as well by the current vaccines.

We may end up with a situation where every year we get a booster vaccination that better covers new virulent strains - like the flu shot.

If the US can get it's vaccinations up to 70%+ by June next year there shouldn't be any reason to not hold events like E3 (especially if you have mandotory immunisation records for attendees).

Where I live we are starting to get back to normality with music and sporting events - except for when community cases pop up and lock downs come into effect.
I've only been going by what the official reports say across general online. 6 months seems to be the limit but I guess that depends on the vaccine and yeh certain vaccines aren't covered with all the variations sadly so it's not a perfect solution at the moment then there's the report's that some vaccine have side effects so I think the virus situation will be a while and there's plenty of people that aren't allowed the vaccine yet for some specific reasons out of their control plus many of us are just waiting on when we can.

Where I live it's slowly opening again but I'm concerned that people constantly ignoring the rules will eventually lead to more lockdowns and I'm kind of tired of other people ruining for others. As much as I like the idea of going to gaming conventions...I'm not sure I want to risk my life to play a game early so trying to keep safe for now and hopefully things get better. I suspect we probably won't see anymore proper normality till maybe 2023/2024 and I get some people feel like there going back to some normality soon but I don't think this is something we can rush into since there's no quick fix.
ronnie42 wrote:
I've only been going by what the official reports say across general online. 6 months seems to be the limit but I guess that depends on the vaccine and yeh certain vaccines aren't covered with all the variations sadly so it's not a perfect solution at the moment then there's the report's that some vaccine have side effects so I think the virus situation will be a while and there's plenty of people that aren't allowed the vaccine yet for some specific reasons out of their control plus many of us are just waiting on when we can.

Where I live it's slowly opening again but I'm concerned that people constantly ignoring the rules will eventually lead to more lockdowns and I'm kind of tired of other people ruining for others. As much as I like the idea of going to gaming conventions...I'm not sure I want to risk my life to play a game early so trying to keep safe for now and hopefully things get better. I suspect we probably won't see anymore proper normality till maybe 2023/2024 and I get some people feel like there going back to some normality soon but I don't think this is something we can rush into since there's no quick fix.
The comments by the companies and various National health advisories tend to be cautious in their wording. Truth is we don't know for sure. It's at least 6 months (which is how long the current trials have been running) - which is why this number crops up in discussion. Similar immunisations last longer... so it should be good... but it depends on the speed and number of emerging variants - and if their structures step outside the targets of current vaccines. FIngers crossed... but yes, we wait with baited breath.

And yes, it's frustrating when people don't follow the rules... or at least show some respect for their fellow human beings.
Darwi wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
The comments by the companies and various National health advisories tend to be cautious in their wording. Truth is we don't know for sure. It's at least 6 months (which is how long the current trials have been running) - which is why this number crops up in discussion. Similar immunisations last longer... so it should be good... but it depends on the speed and number of emerging variants - and if their structures step outside the targets of current vaccines. FIngers crossed... but yes, we wait with baited breath.

And yes, it's frustrating when people don't follow the rules... or at least show some respect for their fellow human beings.
Know what you mean. People get really angry for any reason these days and sadly there is a lot of selfish people out there like I've had some people insult me just for wearing my mask and for trying to social distance. I kind of feel like since this virus happened that a lot of people have just lost their manners and they don't think about many of us that have lost or nearly lost people to this virus when they go around trying to claim it's "fake" and it's exhausting. If events like E3 return soon then I might not go to them because I'm physically scared of these type of people.
Hey, guys. Return to the proper topic, please. This thread is not about Covid-19. It is about E3 2021 in regards to Halo: Infinite. Let's get back on track.
For the 2021 E3 event I am expecting there to be quite a bit of a Halo Infinite reveal that shows off the progress that has been made over this past year. The 2020 gameplay showed us that they had a functional campaign but it was a bit rough with incomplete graphics work (prime example Craig the bald brute). I am hoping for an updated trailer or a playable demo of what was previously shown but with the latest build version. I also think we should get a fair amount of information on the multiplayer but at the same time 343 doesn't want to provide too much information ahead of release that will contain major spoilers for the campaign or create extremely unrealistic expectations again.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2