Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Ellen Anders appearing in Halo Infinite?

OP TanEugene94

Ever since Halo Wars 2 came out, are we going to see Ellen Anders coming back in the upcoming Halo Infinite?
I would love to see Ellen Anders have a discussion with Catherine Halsey about the Spartan program and Project MJOLNIR. Would be a very interesting back and forth.
I agree
Almost all but certain at this point due to the teaser.
She is the only Halo Wars/Halo Wars 2 character I think will appear in Infinite
Syxnrgy wrote:
I would love to see Ellen Anders have a discussion with Catherine Halsey about the Spartan program and Project MJOLNIR. Would be a very interesting back and forth.
I found out yesterday that they knew each other back in the day! Ellen studied under Halsey, and apparently their relationship was very tense as they didn’t get on...

Would love to see them meet again with that little nod to the EU.
I am hoping that we can finally see Ellen Anders meet Master Chief in the upcoming Halo Infinite.
Syxnrgy wrote:
I found out yesterday that they knew each other back in the day! Ellen studied under Halsey, and apparently their relationship was very tense as they didn’t get on...

This right here. Ellen Anders was considered Catherine Halsey's prodigy, where the relationship was almost like a daughter in some cases. The tensions grew & so did their egos toward each other which was one of the catalysts to ending their partnership in disdain and loathing. Considering how Miranda Keyes sacrificed herself during the Battle of the Ark, and that Catherine Halsey was acknowledging Miranda during the cutscene in Halo 5: Guardians, it makes me wonder if there is some unresolved mother-daughter issues where its too late to patch it now, which could have symbolism with Anders and Halsey resolving their issues?

Note: I believe Miranda Keyes also had trouble with the relationship between Ellen Anders and her Mother.
Syxnrgy wrote:
Syxnrgy wrote:

This right here. Ellen Anders was considered Catherine Halsey's prodigy, where the relationship was almost like a daughter in some cases. The tensions grew & so did their egos toward each other however which ended the partnership in disdain and loathing. Considering how Miranda Keyes sacrificed herself during the Battle of the Ark, and that Catherine Halsey was acknowledging Miranda during the cutscene in Halo 5: Guardians, it makes me wonder if there is some unresolvef mother-daughter issues where its too late to patch it now, which could have symbolism with Anders and Halsey resolving their issues?

Note: I believe Miranda Keyes also had trouble with the relationship between Ellen Anders and her Mother.
Ooooooooh now I NEED her and Halsey in infinite!
A quick convo I came up with:

Anders: "You've aged nicely Cathrine."
Halsey: "And you've stayed the same. What's the secret?"
Anders: "28 years of cryo sleep, tinkering with Red Team's armor, missing out an many years."
Halsey: "That'll do it. And Ellen? They're my Spartans, not yours."
Anders: "Noted Cat."

I figured the resentment would be gone, knowing that the entire universe is at stake, and it's been 3 decades.
Anders: "You've aged nicely Catherine."
Halsey: "And you've stayed the same. What's the secret?"
Anders: "28 years of cryo sleep, tinkering with Red Team's armor, dealing with a alien parasite... just a normal day in the lab."
Halsey: "That'll do it. And Ellen? They're my Spartans, not yours."

Figured Halsey would be the one to always want the last word.

The mention of the Flood would be an nice important foreshadowing for events to come in Infinite, as well as acknowledging that the UNSC Spirit of Fire has intel that the galaxy may not know, except maybe if the Smart AI Isobel had the knowledge of the Flood, in her databanks?
I wouldn't mind seeing Ellen in a main installment title but I feel like the Halo Wars games really created their own story bubble that can potentially remain that way for a little longer. Plus Ellen and Catherine don't really have the best relationship so I don't think I want to see two great minds bicker between each other.
Ellen is the most likely character to be in Infinite at this point, seeing that she made it off the Ark with the Installation 04 replacement.
I got two 'theories' on Anders and possibly bringing in the rest of the crew, including Atriox.

1: Anders isn't actually the only UNSC member on Installation 09, with 09 actually being the Halo we see in the 2019 trailer. Meaning 343i might do a slight retcon and saying not all Banished were blown into space (so this is the splinter faction we hear talking in the teaser). And this is where Infinite takes place, not on Zeta as we expected.

2: We see a damaged Halo in the 2019 trailer. We know the Ark produces replacement rings. Installation 04 wasn't that much more broken than the one we see in the trailer right? And that one got replaced by 08, which was destroyed in H3 which was replaced by 09 from Halo Wars 2. So: the Ark is likely to produce a replacement for the Halo we see in the trailer. It will be teleported to approximately this same location. And I doubt Spirit of Fire and Atriox will miss another ride off the Ark. So having a replacement jump into place might be the way to introduce the HW2 cast.

We'll see!
I always wanted to see the crew of the spirit of fire and the chief together, and since she sent herself in a ring back to the galaxy and saw a gardian I see it very likely. I hope she doesn't go full on MJ again though