Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Endgame content after campaign

OP jxsh003

Anyone know what sort of content to expect to find after or during the campaign (separate to the main story missions)? I understand that 343 has said they are going to be building on Infinite for the next 5 years, anyone know what sort of content to expect?
Will it be smaller scale missions? Something similar to the raids from Destiny? Some kind of world events like a big Halo 3 scarab with mechanics and stuff?
Also how will it be rewarding? What do you think the incentives to do them will be?
We haven't even gotten any concrete details on the campaign we are supposed to be getting when it releases. I imagine it will be a long while before we get anything related to post-game content. I wish I could answer your questions, but I couldn't even begin to speculate without making wild guesses.
We haven't even gotten any concrete details on the campaign we are supposed to be getting when it releases. I imagine it will be a long while before we get anything related to post-game content. I wish I could answer your questions, but I couldn't even begin to speculate without making wild guesses.
You're bang on here. When they talk about Infinite having a 5-10 year lifecycle we just have no idea if they're meaning all story content delivery going forwards with no spin-off games, e.g. DLC/Title Update campaigns, e.g. spartan ops type additional stories, etc. or if they're more talking about the multiplayer.

Gears 5 i think gives us an useful idea how Xbox Studios is treating the longer-term supported game in the post-Game Pass world. The Hivebusters DLC campaign (DLC for those who just bought the game, free for Game pass subscribers) is definitely the kind of model I'd have no problem seeing going forwards.

Infinite is most definitely a content delivery platform though,
End game content (what I'm seeing) should involve open world multiplayer involving timed events and raid style bosses, captures and defense with challenging risk vs. reward playing personally developed Spartans although it would be funny to see a pack of Chiefs running around it would grow tiresome. Kind of taking some cues from Firefights here.

Kind of get the feeling contested (capture zones) and general PvP areas might be a thing too supporting end game & faction-oriented mechanics.
Then there's always the highly anticipated and totally expected seasonal stuff - - <.< yup!

Most notorious concern regarding the absence of specific & finite game details dwell somewhere in spoiler ville thus would not expect anything far too revealing anyway.
Anticipation am I right? Yeah, kind of curious about Hinfinite myself.
It would be really cool if they allowed us to explore the Halo ring with our multiplayer spartan after the campaign was over. Having missions to do or something like a fortress to clear every day on the ring would also be nice. I doubt they would have a raid on the level of Destiny, but it would be interesting to see if they could pull something like that off.

I do think they will go the route of adding new campaigns to Halo Infinite as DLC, thus making Infinite eventually become more of a launcher for new Halo campaigns while maintaining the same multiplayer base. That would be inline with their stated plan to have Halo infinite be around for the next 10 years while keeping it fresh and interesting.
I think you’re confusing post launch content for “end game content”.
End game content is more for MMO’s. Games that involve quests, loot & gear drops etc. Halo Infinite isn’t that type of game.

Post launch content for Infinite’s campaign would be additional story missions & campaigns. Possible changes to Zeta halo within the campaigns too but I can imagine there isn’t going to be anything to grind towards like in Destiny or Diablo etc.
TheDonCJG wrote:
End game content is more for MMO’s. Games that involve quests, loot & gear drops etc. Halo Infinite isn’t that type of game.

Post launch content for Infinite’s campaign would be additional story missions & campaigns. Possible changes to Zeta halo within the campaigns too but I can imagine there isn’t going to be anything to grind towards like in Destiny or Diablo etc.
I wouldn't have thought there would be anything to grind towards like the Destiny loot system, I was more wondering if there could be extra levels or something designed similarly to how Destiny raids or dungeons are designed. I know they said they want to support it for 5 years with more content and a semi open world type thing, just not very clear on what type of content they are talking about.
the game isnt an rpg. The campaign wont have an "end game." Your going to have difficulties, and chalenges to do, as well as collectibles. Expect MCC style of progression, not an "end game" activity. Its not that kind of game
jxsh003 wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:

I wouldn't have thought there would be anything to grind towards like the Destiny loot system, I was more wondering if there could be extra levels or something designed similarly to how Destiny raids or dungeons are designed. I know they said they want to support it for 5 years with more content and a semi open world type thing, just not very clear on what type of content they are talking about.
doubt it cause its not that kind of game. A halo campaign will consist of all the levels its going to have. Nothing extra, nothing additional. Those additional will be their own campaigns or mission expansions.
jxsh003 wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:

doubt it cause its not that kind of game. A halo campaign will consist of all the levels its going to have. Nothing extra, nothing additional. Those additional will be their own campaigns or mission expansions.
Entirely agree. Think Gears 5 Hivebusters or a separate story like Spartan Ops
jxsh003 wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:

Like basically everyone on this thread is saying & like I said. It’s just not that type of game.

You won’t be seeing raids, dungeons or anything of the sort. Campaign is still a traditional Halo campaign just in a bigger and more open space. It’s not a open world exploration game.

Any campaign expansions to the Halo Infinite will likely just be a Story expansion - couple campaign missions to explore new stories and ideas. For example there could be a flood expansion that dives deeper into the story of locations such as the Palace of Pain on Zeta Halo or explore the story behind why Zeta Halo is so damaged - what happened etc.

Other than campaign expansions we’ll get updates to multiplayer with new maps, weapons & vehicles.
I wouldn't be surprised if they gradually added more areas of interest to the ring over time, such as new enemy installations or beacons that need to be discovered and controlled. Along with that and daily/weekly/monthly challenges, I'd expect to see some campaign DLC/expansions and regular multiplayer updates. Maybe even a better version of Spartan Ops, who knows?
Having some type of raid mechanic would be great. You can get specific armor colors or armor pieces for completing them. Every 6 months they can release a new one and they can be during anytime in Halo's lore.
I think there will be new campaign with other character than Master Chief. 343 showed us they want to include more characters.
I hope there will let us play the ennemis at some point, I would love a campaign with the banished or promethean !
By endgame content you mean the credits right?
I don't believe they've said anything but I would assume they would essentially make large story expansions that would basically replace the role of full on separate sequels.
Well the campaign is not going to be the only version of the game, we could always play MP if we get tired of it
So long as any extra campaign content is both offline and online playable then I'm very happy to keep buying future expansions. If MS lock it behind needing to be online to authenticate then they can shove it. The recently released online only stunt expansion in Forza Horizon 4 a reminder to anyone that single player content is not a guarantee you'll be able to play it down the line. If they think they can get away with it then they will try