Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

enemy types

OP sorlai

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
what enemy types would you like to see in infinite?
i think that it would be cool to see the halo reach grunt ultra and elite ultra, the halo Ce stealth elites (the original black ones with blue forerunner symbols on the back), the halo 2 elite honor guard (because the ship master is my main in halo wars 2 and its his special unit), the halo 3 brute chieftains, the halo 3 odst engineer, the halo wars 1 purple elites and the halo wars 2 suicide grunts. make a list of your choices down below.
sorlai wrote:
i think that it would be cool to see the halo reach grunt ultra and elite ultra, the halo Ce stealth elites (the original black ones with blue forerunner symbols on the back), the halo 2 elite honor guard (because the ship master is my main in halo wars 2 and its his special unit), the halo 3 brute chieftains, the halo 3 odst engineer, the halo wars 1 purple elites and the halo wars 2 suicide grunts. make a list of your choices down below.
I would love to see all these different units coming back, suicide grunts for sure. I particularly like the idea of seeing black elites a la CE, but would love to see more boss type grunts or jackals. Would also be super cool to have a second, more badass, hunter type.
I would love to see elites with point defense shields like jackals
Skirmishers, engineers, sharquoi (ce, cut), guardians and/or strato-sentinels (Halo 3 version, cut)
sorlai wrote:
we at least know suicide grunts will be back as one is shown in the gameplay trailer from a few months back. I would love to see all the elites and grunts from the entire series come back as the covies are my favorite enemy. Brutes are cool but I never got into them as an enemy quite as much but i love the banished and hope they play a huge role. I know the promeths will be back but hopefully in a lesser role. They should have kept cortana dead but hopefully she will have a good redemption arc for her i thought 4 had a really great ending for her though until it didnt. I would also love to see the flood on the halo ring. with the halo weapon having destroyed life on most all the rings the flood may still be down there starving out until they find the new food source that just touched down aka banished slash whoever else will be there making the flood a real problem again but that just me hoping.
I know it's a long shot and most likely won't happen, but ALL of them. Lol. I want Flood, Prometheans, and Banished! Hopefully, the Banished have Yanme'e and Huragok in their ranks as I believe that they add a little extra to combat. I really want Prometheans to be in there and I think they can be as 343 already said that the Cortana story line is going to a part of Infinite, but I can also see them cutting them because of how much people complain about them. They'll probably just be replaced with Sentinels. :(
In my mind it'd be great fun to have a confusing AF 4-way battlefield of UNSC,Banished, Flood, and Prometheans/Sentinels.
Yes! In that old Halo CE trailer, there was one Elite with a hand held energy shield. It would be so awesome if that shield finally appeared in a game...
Yes! In that old Halo CE trailer, there was one Elite with a hand held energy shield. It would be so awesome if that shield finally appeared in a game...
it would be annoying as heck tho
yep they were so cool
Balanced teams.
From Halo Wars, the hunter captain, Colony, had two unique units that would be awesome to have. The Goliath and the Skitterer.

It's most likely not going to happen, but having a bulky hunter attack like the flood suits the Banished's ferocity well. The Skitterers might be too similar to the way Prometheon Watchers function, but having a Banished version might make combat more interesting.
I 10000% want to see the flood come back
From Halo Wars, the hunter captain, Colony, had two unique units that would be awesome to have. The Goliath and the Skitterer.

It's most likely not going to happen, but having a bulky hunter attack like the flood suits the Banished's ferocity well. The Skitterers might be too similar to the way Prometheon Watchers function, but having a Banished version might make combat more interesting.
Maybe the Skitterer could attach to some enemies and provide extra firepower, like hitching onto a Hunter's shoulder and adding its own weaponry, detaching if the Hunter dies or the Skitterer is shot off.
Whatever makes sense with the story and is fun gameplay wise. I am excited we're getting brutes back!
Austin7934 wrote:
Whatever makes sense with the story and is fun gameplay wise. I am excited we're getting brutes back!
I wish for some hard chieftain fights.
I miss my flying buggers, the Yan'me. Those guys have been hiding since Reach. Where you at bros?
I liked it when you landed a headshot and they exploded. That was cool.
I would really love to see the Goliath and the heavy grunts from Halo Wars 2 in Halo: Infinite!
Imagine trying to get through two layers of shields on an Elite in Halo 2 on Legendary...

Jackal Snipers and Drones would be dethroned as the most op enemies in the game xD
Literally anything but Prometheans.

Knights tp-ing everywhere and Watchers engaging in combat then fleeing were some of the worst AI behaviors.
I'd rather every enemy be a Roblox model than have to deal with Prometheans ever again.
sorlai wrote:
yep they were so cool
I think it was said once in the book (don't remember wich) that elites don't use jackal shields because it's against their honor code.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2