Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Enhanced color options for IFF

OP TheEpicness9000

I want some enhanced color options for the IFF system. Notably, I want a "yellow allies" Motion Tracker whilst retaining blue ally shields.
Before they do anything they need to work in a toggle option for those that dont want the outlines. They made visibility objectively worse for certain visual impaired players that would prefer to have them compltely gone and just put service tags over allies. 343 unfortunately said most likely by launch they wont be able to make any signifcant changes to the friend or foe system. Sadly the big changes they supposedly made prior to the last flight ending is most likely what we will be stuck with until the first post launch update.
Honestly the team colored shields bug me. If Spartans in-lore can have different colored shields (for whatever reason... I can't think of one) it would be better to make shield color a customization option for our own characters.
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Honestly the team colored shields bug me. If Spartans in-lore can have different colored shields (for whatever reason... I can't think of one) it would be better to make shield color a customization option for our own characters.
best be careful about giving 343 ideas on how to monetize the game.
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Which is why my thread below this is even more pertinent that they said it had "positive" feedback... no it certainly did not. At the very least its very controversial. Makes me doubt they're even reading the forums at all.
Toxhicide wrote:
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Which is why my thread below this is even more pertinent that they said it had "positive" feedback... no it certainly did not. At the very least its very controversial. Makes me doubt they're even reading the forums at all.
Kinda exhibiting self confirmation bias. The forums (especially when the flight was going on) had plenty of positive threads and comments regarding the change, not to mention other outlets like Reddit and Twitter.

Has everyone loved the change? No. But it's not as controversial as a 50/50 split either.
Toxhicide wrote:
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Kinda exhibiting self confirmation bias. The forums (especially when the flight was going on) had plenty of positive threads and comments regarding the change, not to mention other outlets like Reddit and Twitter.

Has everyone loved the change? No. But it's not as controversial as a 50/50 split either.
i wouldnt say its 50/50 but i wouldnt say its a land slide good thing either.

To everyone that happens to read this remember to always put in a feature report during the flight for things you dont like, if 343 had to choose between listening to the vocal majority/minority or their own cold hard back end data, they are taking their data. But While talking about it on forums make sure to offer alternatives. just complaining doesnt help.
Toxhicide wrote:
Fos Kuvol wrote:

i wouldnt say its 50/50 but i wouldnt say its a land slide good thing either.

To everyone that happens to read this remember to always put in a feature report during the flight for things you dont like, if 343 had to choose between listening to the vocal majority/minority or their own cold hard back end data, they are taking their data. But While talking about it on forums make sure to offer alternatives. just complaining doesnt help.
Couldn't agree more. I'm almost certain the radar change was made based on the survey responses, don't recall nearly as many threads about radar in the flight than other things, yet it got changed.